Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Laura's RNY Journey; Age 31 Starting Weight 365

Also, I’ve been cooking with the instant pot since December 27th. I haven’t had any processed food so that probably helped a lot with my bloodwork.

Okay. Not pregnant. At 285 with close on and on my period so we will see. Still eating clean. Made egg casserole, chicken Thai, and cream of chicken this week. My freezer is stocked with enough 1 cup portions for at least 9 days. I’m saving so much money on food not just because I’m eating less but because I’m cooking. I haven’t missed any workouts and I’ve been taking the dog to the park which gets a lot of steps in and I’ve been doing a lot more house cleaning and taking more steps. I’m not going to buy anymore wine -that’s been my downfall. I have like one bottle left. Oh and I tried soda ahh! Bad choice. Don’t do it. I felt sick and I tried it. It made me feel like crap. It made me craze sugar and food and it felt like I was putting a terrible chemical into my body. Need to stay away. Also tried my crystal light again. Another no no. Makes me craze sugar like no ones business. I need to stay on clear Water or a safe flavoring. Clean water flavor suggestions anyone? I tried noon with Vitamins and hated it. Are the other noons better? Has anyone tried true water? Thx in advance.

Okay. Not pregnant. At 285 with close on and on my period so we will see. Still eating clean. Made egg casserole, chicken Thai, and cream of chicken this week. My freezer is stocked with enough 1 cup portions for at least 9 days. I’m saving so much money on food not just because I’m eating less but because I’m cooking. I haven’t missed any workouts and I’ve been taking the dog to the park which gets a lot of steps in and I’ve been doing a lot more house cleaning and taking more steps. I’m not going to buy anymore wine -that’s been my downfall. I have like one bottle left. Oh and I tried soda ahh! Bad choice. Don’t do it. I felt sick and I tried it. It made me feel like crap. It made me craze sugar and food and it felt like I was putting a terrible chemical into my body. Need to stay away. Also tried my crystal light again. Another no no. Makes me craze sugar like no ones business. I need to stay on clear Water or a safe flavoring. Clean Water flavor suggestions anyone? I tried noon with Vitamins and hated it. Are the other noons better? Has anyone tried true water? Thx in advance.
Ive always loved water plain but I suggest infused water! Put some cucumber slices, lemon, lime, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry...whatever you feel like in it! Hint water is also the bomb

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using BariatricPal mobile app

Okay I'm going to try not to sound rude but I was amazed you were eating solids so soon after surgery number 1; number 2 you were eating alot of processed food that usually have hidden fat and sugar regardless of how much Protein and number 3 I think your calorie intake is high for someone with a proper RNY bypass because your stomach is 1/8 original size first of all I've spoken to numerous other people and they're lucky to need more than 500-600 calories plus you should be looking at foods with low carbs high protein!

I'm unsure if you're unable to cook or not but I think you should invest in more fresh fruit and vegetables and no more tortilla or cheese at all.

I'm sorry if I'm being blunt but I feel you need help. I did a major gym and diet regime myself back in 2012 and I was able to lose 100lbs on my own in 6 months that's going to the gym every single day. Cutting out all sugars bad fat low carbs and high protein very strict nothing processed everything fresh prepared myself everyday. Obviously life happened and I'm back up to 320 so I'm going for the RNY bypass this year just to help me long term I don't mean to sound rude but I feel you don't have much information in regards to healthy choices.

If you're unhappy with your progress then I'm be serious you need to be more strict with your foods and intake.

Did you get the full bypass is meant to cause malabsorption so your body doesn't absorb all calories but alot of your food I saw was processed so just be a little careful and read the labels very closely.

I know when I finally get approved for RNY BYPASS I'll be very strict everything fresh again i plan to lose 140lbs within 12 months to get to 185 by my next birthday after the surgery.

Be positive.

On 02/05/2019 at 05:07, Mikeyy said:

Okay I'm going to try not to sound rude but I was amazed you were eating solids so soon after surgery number 1; number 2 you were eating alot of processed food that usually have hidden fat and sugar regardless of how much Protein and number 3 I think your calorie intake is high for someone with a proper RNY bypass because your stomach is 1/8 original size first of all I've spoken to numerous other people and they're lucky to need more than 500-600 calories plus you should be looking at foods with low carbs high protein!

I'm unsure if you're unable to cook or not but I think you should invest in more fresh fruit and vegetables and no more tortilla or cheese at all.

I'm sorry if I'm being blunt but I feel you need help. I did a major gym and diet regime myself back in 2012 and I was able to lose 100lbs on my own in 6 months that's going to the gym every single day. Cutting out all sugars bad fat low carbs and high Protein very strict nothing processed everything fresh prepared myself everyday. Obviously life happened and I'm back up to 320 so I'm going for the RNY bypass this year just to help me long term I don't mean to sound rude but I feel you don't have much information in regards to healthy choices.

If you're unhappy with your progress then I'm be serious you need to be more strict with your foods and intake.

Did you get the full bypass is meant to cause malabsorption so your body doesn't absorb all calories but alot of your food I saw was processed so just be a little careful and read the labels very closely.

I know when I finally get approved for RNY BYPASS I'll be very strict everything fresh again i plan to lose 140lbs within 12 months to get to 185 by my next birthday after the surgery.

Be positive.

Hey, I’m not sure if you read the recent info. I’ve been cooking since December 26th when my mother bought me my instant pot. My issue is not food is was alcohol. But I’m down another four pounds since stopping.

Hey guys! Great news. I saw my surgeon and he says I’m doing great-except the alcohol of course. So, last appointment he told be to cook and I’ve been cooking ever since. Lots of Protein and veggies in my foods. I keep forgetting to take photos. So, my exercise is great as usual and he said I’m only 6 lbs off my 6 month goal. Also, please remember that this is my journey. I’m not perfect and that’s the point! This is my place to document what I’m going through, good and bad. My blood work was perfect as well. I’m super great with my Vitamins, not drinking with meals, etc. 

One of my instant pot meals

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

What’s an instapot? Different than a crockpot?

On 02/10/2019 at 16:03, Formygirls2019 said:

What’s an instapot? Different than a crockpot?
An instant pot is a pressure cooker. Basically you sauté your meet for 2-3 minutes then pour your sauce overtop with your Pasta, cover all pasta or veggies and cook for about 7 minutes on high pressure. It cooks everything in one pot that fits easily in the dishwasher. You can make all sorts of things in it but I use it as one pot unless I’m making rice, I use a separate rice cooker but you can make it in the same pot if you have an additional rack that sits inside. Really the instant pot is great for people that don’t like cleaning multiple pans and also don’t really do well cooking on a skillet or getting pasta “just right” this takes out all the guess work and it’s just an easy way to prepare meals. It is also a rice cooker and an additional crock pot.

On 02/10/2019 at 18:38, SweetP79 said:

I think you’re doing great...keep it up!!!

Thx