Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!
  1. jg7979

jg7979

2. SimoneMonet

SimoneMonet

3. Tracy1978

Tracy1978

4. ChellNC

ChellNC

5. clsumrall

clsumrall

6. Frustr8

Frustr8

7. GreenTealael

GreenTealael

8. Nicki33319

Nicki33319

9. TakingABreak

TakingABreak

10. Orchids&Dragons

Orchids&Dragons

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• dmadms  »  ARMoma45

I saw the post where you were denied the first time because you lost to much weight.  How much did you lose?  I lost 1 # my 2nd month and 6# my third month and scared to death I have screwed up.  

Thanks
      Dana
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

I lost 11% of my body weight and they wanted me to fail to lose 10%. I even called the insurance company and asked them to clarify because the wording was confusing. I didn't know if they wanted me to lose the 10% or fail to lose the 10%. I was told to lose 10% so I did and apparently the person that I spoke to wasn't correct. But also this was in December and my company was scheduled to change to a different division of BCBS after the first of the year. So that probably played more into the denial than anything.

I continued my monthly visits and they clearly showed that I plateaued about month 5/6 and began to regain. I originally lost from 333 to 298 and regained back up to 330 but have now lost back down to 318.

• allwet

· 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

As a tea-a-holic, I'm happy to hear this. Thanks!

• JamesL73

One week post-revision, down 5 lbs since surgery day.....which puts me back under 300. VICTORY!!! Still a ways to go but I'll take every little win I can get. Feeling great other than minor abdominal discomfort.
      · 1 reply
      1. ARMoma45

That's awesome....keep up the great work :)

• danieocean

I am officially under my ultimate goal weight...holy cow! Just wanted to share an update on my progress. I didn't take a whole lot of progress pics. The before is the oldest one I have and its 2.5 months post op and the right photo is of me today! Thrilled with my progress. Hoping everyone is happy, healthy and doing great!

· 5 replies
      1. ms.sss

you look great!

2. danieocean

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I can't believe it happened so fast. 8 months have really flown by!!!

3. GreenTealael

🙌 Looking GREAT 🙌

4. oldbriannomore

looking phenominal! congrats!

5. Orchids&Dragons

Congrats! You look fantastic!

• allwet

Breathe baby breathe
      Where does it go?
      Some of the water produced as the body consumes fat exits in the usual way, through your urine and sweat. But a 2014 study in the British Medical Journal found that most of the byproducts of fat (including all that carbon dioxide) leaves the body through the respiratory system.
      Yep, you read that right. You breathe out the byproducts of most of the fat that you burn, the CO2 from that process mingling with the CO2 produced by your lungs as they process oxygen. It's something to think about while you hit the gym or walk on a track: getting rid of fat can be exhausting, but it's as natural as breathing.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

• Together, we have lost...
      lbs