Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what are your new coping methods?

I am an emotional eater and I turn to food to get me through everything. So I was just curious what coping method besides food has everyone found after surgery?

BBB...bubble bath and book. This helps. It's like a food hug...but no calories.

Calling my best friend helps. She makes me laugh...and laughing is good. We laugh to survive:)

Walks with hubby, or daughter, or my puppy help.....plus, hey, I got another walk in...bonus!

Any OTHER comfort habit...helps.

Curl up on the couch with your favorite down throw and pillow and watch something that makes you smile.

Extort a foot rub, or backrub outta the hubby.

Do some kinda flow activity that makes the noise of the day turn off for a while. I like to paint and write and build things. I like hangin out in my garden.

Sometimes floating around in the pool helps.

Also....pick some *legal* comfort foods for emergency use. Something that feels like a comfort food that isn't that bad for you. That way...if you cave....there's damage control. I use watermelon and frozen greek yogurt bars.

Edited by Creekimp13

A second trip to the gym that day....

Thanks for all the great ideas! I just couldn’t for the life of me name one that I thought could actually replace the comfort of food . I think I was just in like panic mode. But to hear ideas that others have actually used help so much. I know it is possible and I appreciate everyone that is on here that tells their journeys.

I treat my myself to a pedicure every now and then instead of using food as a reward. Very relaxing!

Sew. Fabric shop. Make jewelry - a Bracelet with ocean colors, soothing aqua stones and crystals....

Stay out of the kitchen. LONG HOT shower....paint my nails, put on makep, especially lipstick - who wants to ruin that by eating?

On 07/15/2018 at 18:02, Sosewsue61 said:

Sew. Fabric shop. Make jewelry - a Bracelet with ocean colors, soothing aqua stones and crystals....

Stay out of the kitchen. LONG HOT shower....paint my nails, put on makep, especially lipstick - who wants to ruin that by eating?

I wish I had a creative bone in my body!

2 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

Cleaning my house! It’s never, ever been *this* clean.

Ohhh, I need to try to adopt this one! My house is always in disarray.