Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else gone from lapband to RNY

Hi all!

I know there are tons of threads here but I’m curious to hear any stories or tips you all have that’ve gone from the lapband to the RNY.

I got my band in 2011 and lost well over 100 pounds but with that came an insane amount of vomiting and inability to keep liquids down. Saline was taken out and the rest was a 91 pound history lol.

I have my revision to a RNY next month on my 39th birthday (yay!) and was attracted to it specifically aside from VSG as my doctor explained to me the following;

-due to having part of you intestines out, head hunger is still there but reduced a lot in most patients. Is this your experiences as well?

-identify and steer 100% clear of slider foods and stick to thicker style foods, meat, Fiber outs veggies and if tolerable some breads after a time. Coming from the band world any bread was an automatic upchuck lol. Your thoughts?

-success rates from band to RNY are extremely high.

I’d love your thoughts and tips!

I’d be naive if I thought this would be easy, I did so well on the band for such a good time but the success rates are so low come to find out.

I think you’re all amazing and love the advice you all give! We are in this together!

Mitchell

There are many lap band to RNY threads on here if you search.

I know people enjoy hearing direct responses but for the people continually typing the same thing day after day it can get tiring.

I am not a lap bander but as a RNY patient I can tell you I do not tolerate bread. I can have a few crackers and a small amount of flat bread but regular bread or biscuit type items are out still.

I am not aware of intestines being removed during the surgery. There is a portion that is bypassed.

Good luck to you and I hope you get some more responses.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches