Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 days post-op Gastric Sleeve, and have gone home. I'm having this weird fluttery skip-and-hop sensation just below my breast-bone at seemingly random, though maybe more just after drinking Water (sipping from a bottle). It almost feels like internal hiccups. When it happens, I almost can't breathe for a half-second -- think hiccups -- before it calms down. It's rather painful in the way that coughing is painful on the more-sensitive side of my stomach. Is this normal? I'm thinking it might be some sort of gas issue, but am also worried because the sensation is so close to my heart/lungs.

I'm allowed to be paranoid four days after life-altering surgery, right? But I don't want to be ridiculous and call up my doctor on a Saturday over something as silly as hiccups.

In other news, anybody have a recommendation for how to get a cuddly cat to leave your tummy alone? She's used to sitting in my lap and is very disgruntled that I keep shoving her off when she hops up looking for love and petting.

Sounds like what I have been going through. I just try to catch my breath holding a pillow cough. I know painful.

I'm 4 days post-op Gastric Sleeve, and have gone home. I'm having this weird fluttery skip-and-hop sensation just below my breast-bone at seemingly random, though maybe more just after drinking Water (sipping from a bottle). It almost feels like internal hiccups. When it happens, I almost can't breathe for a half-second -- think hiccups -- before it calms down. It's rather painful in the way that coughing is painful on the more-sensitive side of my stomach. Is this normal? I'm thinking it might be some sort of gas issue, but am also worried because the sensation is so close to my heart/lungs.

I'm allowed to be paranoid four days after life-altering surgery, right? But I don't want to be ridiculous and call up my doctor on a Saturday over something as silly as hiccups.
In other news, anybody have a recommendation for how to get a cuddly cat to leave your tummy alone? She's used to sitting in my lap and is very disgruntled that I keep shoving her off when she hops up looking for love and petting.

I am 2 days postoperative gastric sleeve and experiencing the same thing. I think its just gas bubbles trying to come up the esophagus but I am unable to burp. Most relief o have gotten us walking and gas x chews

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I had something similar. They were basically gas - air that I swalloed while I was eating. It is way more difficult for the sleeve to burp than a regular sized stomac. Eating smaller sips helped me but also just time. I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and it is completely gone.

Yes you are able to paranoid ! But also, give yourself time. It is normal to experience new sensations :)

Sent from my LG-H831 using BariatricPal mobile app

9 days post op and had that for the first few days. It too will pass. NP at the Surgeons office said it could be gas combined with your new stomach spasming.