Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Summer 2018 Surgery Buddies: POST-OP Discussion

Ok, no banana for me :( I'll do Papaya and maybe 2 Cashews instead :(

This is what I had for Breakfast. Didn’t eat the whole thing since it’s too much but it tastes good and nutrition wise it’s pretty good

Sautéed onion mushroom and spinach with one scrambled egg and about a tablespoon of cheddar cheese (cheese is melted in the egg. All of it was sautéed in Kerry gold saltless butter. I added salt to the eggs and veggies and a little pepper to the veggies. :) tasted fantastic :)

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

On 09/21/2018 at 13:14, Megan Sadler said:

This is what I had for breakfast. Didn’t eat the whole thing since it’s too much but it tastes good and nutrition wise it’s pretty good

Sautéed onion mushroom and spinach with one scrambled egg and about a tablespoon of cheddar cheese (cheese is melted in the egg. All of it was sautéed in Kerry gold saltless butter. I added salt to the eggs and veggies and a little pepper to the veggies. :) tasted fantastic :)

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

I’ve been eating that to... but as an Omlet.. decrease the amount of spinach and mushroom and add diced ham for protein!!! Yummy 😋

I might add some of my husband ham to it tomorrow :)

So I had to avoided the scale. It been a lil over 2 weeks now, I kept getting frustrated/disappointed with the numbers. I decided to just let my clothes tell me my progress.
I bought super skin tight I can even breathe in them leggings 2 weeks ago then fit perfectly now and I just got rid of all my jeans since I went from a size 20 to a size 16 and it’s been 2 1/2 month since I was sleeved. So I may not see the numbers going down but at least the inches are!

Sorry if it comes off Braggy no one in my family gets it

On 09/21/2018 at 20:54, amalicea said:

So I had to avoided the scale. It been a lil over 2 weeks now, I kept getting frustrated/disappointed with the numbers. I decided to just let my clothes tell me my progress.
I bought super skin tight I can even breathe in them leggings 2 weeks ago then fit perfectly now and I just got rid of all my jeans since I went from a size 20 to a size 16 and it’s been 2 1/2 month since I was sleeved. So I may not see the numbers going down but at least the inches are!
Sorry if it comes off Braggy no one in my family gets it
That’s what it’s all about. Let the NSVs get you through the weight stalls! Keep it up!

My NSV is returning to spin class this morning after a 3 month break... and I crushed it! Also- my spin shoes aren’t so tight my feet go numb, I can keep up with the class in position 2 and can do jumps! Another NSV? A lot less lady part discomfort cause I’m able to be out of the saddle a lot more! It’s crazy what taking 50lbs off will do! (Note: I’m only down like 32 since surgery in July, but I’m probably down 50 since the last class in May..

Looking for Protein Powder recommendations!

My NUT is on board with me using a Protein Shake either as breakfast or mid-morning snack, and the Premier Protein pre-packaged shakes are getting to be a pretty expensive habit. SO I want to switch to powdered to shake up in my Blender Bottle with Water or milk in the mornings...Anyone have favorite Protein powders to recommend? I tried a few from BP website and found them gross-tasting and/or grainy, etc., so I'd love to hear from you what you've tried and liked!

In the past I've done the ON "gold standard" brand which was fine, but I'd love to hear from you and maybe branch out!

I add genpro to some of my food to boost the protien content. It’s got 30 grams of protien per scoop and it’s unflavored.

Looking for Protein powder recommendations!
My NUT is on board with me using a Protein Shake either as breakfast or mid-morning snack, and the Premier Protein pre-packaged shakes are getting to be a pretty expensive habit. SO I want to switch to powdered to shake up in my Blender Bottle with Water or milk in the mornings...Anyone have favorite protein powders to recommend? I tried a few from BP website and found them gross-tasting and/or grainy, etc., so I'd love to hear from you what you've tried and liked!
In the past I've done the ON "gold standard" brand which was fine, but I'd love to hear from you and maybe branch out!
I'm trying this one11138785-1-569213-1537288569264.jpeg 11138785-2-569213-1537288577393.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I need a snack idea that I can grab and run out the door with. I’m now stuck with having not eaten this morning and no food till after 12...

I use Body Fortress whey Protein powder and it blends fine. You can get it in isolate as well but unless you use a blender it is very grainy right away. If you continue to stir it after the initial mix, it will dilute more. $17 for whey or $19 for the isolate at Walmart. You can also find it online (ie:Amazon.com) for about the same price. The me the flavors I've tried do not taste like what they are supposed to but they do taste really good. The 60g of protein they have on the label is for 2 scoops. A serving is 1 scoop.

https://www.bodyfortress.com/chocolate-whey-protein-powder

https://www.bodyfortress.com/SUPER-ADVANCED-100-PROTEIN-ISOLATE-VANILLA

How is that beef stick? Is it hard to chew like regular Jerky? Looks like a great snack/meal.

3 hours ago, NewBodySoon said:

I'm trying this one11138785-1-569213-1537288569264.jpeg 11138785-2-569213-1537288577393.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

See if these will mix well enough with a blender bottle..you might want to consider investing in one of those hand held mixers..Braun? Just to get it creamy and no lumps. We tried these with plain soy milk and skim milk and they tasted pretty good. I think the main thing is getting the mix right..but the chocolate was definately the best taste wise. Good luck!