Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am gonna share this here because I have nobody else that could understand.

I realize now I have always looked shelter from food. Lack of self esteem, self love. Food was always my best friend as sad as it sounds.

So I drowned my loneliness, pain, sadness, and anger in food. Thinking this is the least I deserve.

I didnt realize how much I was hurting myself until I turned 24 and realized I was 380 pounds.

I finally searched for help and got sleeved june first after hard work to get a down payment for a loan.

My mum being in the states (Im in costa Rica) I felt really lonely.

NOW 13 days post op the depression is terrible, there is no food to comfort me and I am hating and regretting everything right now.

I just wish to know I am not alone in this feeling and that eventually it shall pass.

Effy

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

I realize now I have always looked shelter from food. Lack of self esteem, self love. food was always my best friend as sad as it sounds.
So I drowned my loneliness, pain, sadness, and anger in food. Thinking this is the least I deserve.
I didnt realize how much I was hurting myself until I turned 24 and realized I was 380 pounds.
I finally searched for help and got sleeved june first after hard work to get a down payment for a loan.
NOW 13 days post op the depression is terrible, there is no food to comfort me and I am hating and regretting everything right now.
I just wish to know I am not alone in this feeling and that eventually it shall pass.
Effy

I am so sorry to read this. I understand your feelings so well. I was there, I mourned the loss of food. Weight loss surgery forces you to deal with the issues that you were using food to deal with. I suggest therapy or a support group. You are not alone and the emotional toll is a hard one. Hang in there and try to make new healthy habits while you are being forced to change anyway.

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

You’re not alone, and not alone with these challenges. Get a therapist and put in the work with them - it’s going to be critical to your success and well-being (emotional and physical).

I am 3 years post p.o. sleeve it's a chalkenge. But it can be done, I am age 60, I am 129 pounds I before bag was 258 I am 5"2 short.best move I ever made. I have to be very careful of my food choices. Because after year 2 it's been easier to gain. I am determined to be a success.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using BariatricPal mobile app

What you're saying doesn't sound sad. It sounds human.

Of course you feel the way you do. You just reached the end of a difficult journey, only to realize you've just started. What so many don't understand is that surgery isn't the end. It's the start of your new life. And it's emotional! It's 100% okay to cry sometimes. But rather than mourning what you've lost, focus instead on what you've gained!

Good luck. You are not alone.

A good way,go turn your frown upside down. Get,up and go for a walk. Look,around, find one thing that makes you glad you're there. If you're in the country, look around and observe something in nature. If you're in the city, still look at a building, architects and builders made that building so tall and straight, the pieces in a sidewalk, how did they become so square? The cobblestone, did someone fashion it or did it come from a rverbank like that? If you meet someone say Hola, smile, show them they matter and suddenly you may feel like you matter too. Say you meet An old lady with a bucket of Water that's almost too heavy, help her with it. Any burden shared becomes much lighter. You miss your mother, you're sad you are in 2 different countries? Take some of the love you shared and pass it on to others, if you can't do it for yourself then do it in her honor. And by making someone else glad, the sad leaves you for a little while and you'll feel glad too. And you always have,Godmothers, brothers and sisters on Bariatric Pal. We have also felt as you feel. Talk to us anytime!😪to😝

On ‎06‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:07 PM, eso0402 said:

I realize now I have always looked shelter from food. Lack of self esteem, self love. food was always my best friend as sad as it sounds.

Effy

It will pass! When you start to see real improvements, and I'm talking about the NSV (non-scale victories) you will no longer regret your choice. Sometimes these are small improvements to your life that make a big impact. Such as, not sitting too close to the steering wheel in the car, being able to wipe your butt easier, or shoes feeling looser. It's these things that really boost morale. I was 345lbs at my highest, 332lb when I started the pre op diet, and I didn't see a visible difference until I was nearly 80lbs down. What I'm saying is, that simply losing 50lb, 75lbs won't make you feel better.... it's the NSV that will keep you positive and moving in the right direction.

Feel free to PM me day or night. I'm always around for a vent session or if you need a pick me up.

And I'm sorry that this thread is over a week old, hopefully you still get my response!

Edited by AshAsh1

The first few weeks are tough. I am normally a happy person and at week 2 I had several meltdowns. I was depressed and hopeless. It will pass. I had to take a few days to refocus. I stated reading books and watching videos about making lifestyle changes. I filled my time with learning how to do things better. I’m only just starting to feel better. What you’re going through is normal. It’ll pass. You will lose weight. Surgery itself can cause depression. But hang in there and things will get better. I was also sleeved on June 1st

You will feel better journal. give yourself some time try to walk and learn about your new life with food. It is a huge change you can get through this be kind to yourself. Mourn your old life but Start planning your new BETTER life. Good luck and hang in there.