Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Luckily I’m about to reach my fourth week so I can start taking them again. It was really hard being off them but hopefully I’ll be feeling better. Thank you all for the support

If you deal with depression / anxiety before your surgery how have you been dealing with it since post op. I take Zoloft and lithium for my anxiety / depression but I’ve been off my meds since the doctor said I can only crush them. It’s been about 2-3 weeks since I’ve taken them. How do you motivate yourself to go outside and enjoy life ?
Oh no thats not good. I am on zoloft and a few other pills and my surgeon told me to continue to take them and I don't crush them. I stopped taking them for the few days on the hospital but I started back taking them about 3 days post op.

we haven't belieblgr

Yikes! Really terrible advice to stop taking depression medications - at least call your psych and get an IR version. I had mine switched to IR because of absorption with SR version. But at a week or more out swallowing pills should be okay just time release might need adjusting. Good luck.

Do you suppose I will go on IR, liquid or will they merely crush my current Wellbutrin tablets after my. July RnY surgery?😪

My psychologist specifically said NOT to stop taking any of my meds. With the risk of depression before/after surgery being so great, it was especially important

I also take meds and had to stop taking my meds because I had surgery on June 11th I take Prozac 30mg pills so I have to wait 3 more weeks and then I can start taking them again. So far I’ve been feeling ok, I’m trying to keep myself busy for now.

@Sanchez40 I agree. with @ NYJenn, I don't think we should be. made to suffer separation from something that so obviously has helped us in the past.😪

@Frustr8 I do too, I just have to keep myself busy for now, my post op appt is in two days let’s see what the surgeon says.

@Hannah83 were you ever able to have your surgery?

I’ve been having a hard time adjusting to my medications lately had to have them changed still not 100% hoping to feel better soon. My surgery was last November and it hit me all of sudden lately. I’m having a really hard time dealing with negative people including family it’s been rough.

That is crazy that they told you not to take them!! I had my surgery and the next day the hospital made sure I could take my mental health meds. I think you should reconsider staying on them!

I am 3 weeks post op and now taking capsules again. I am
Shocked that they told you to go without lithium! That’s absurd especially since I imagine Lithium
Comes in a billion forms. You need to get back
On the meds any way you can. Please call the office. They can call in a script for you. I had tablets of one med and I cut them
In tic tac sized pieces with a pull cutter from CVS 3 times a day when I first got home.