Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all. First time posting and looking for some advice. Had my band surgery 41/2 years ago and initially lost 35kg. Within 5 kg of my goal weight. Then slowly over the last two years have gained back 18kg and have really struggled. Tred joing a gym and have been following the Keto diet but having no luck. Really struggling to keep most things down and find I regurgitate nearly every meal Went back to the drs and they have suggested a barium X-ray and to ‘reset my band’ and start again or get the bypass surgery. Does anyone have any advice for me or experienced a similar journey ?

My story was different but I did convert from lap band to RNY. If you do end up going that was, I can say that it is WAY easier to lose weight on a bypass than a band!

Goid luck with the journey - stay in touch...

I am in the same situation. Need the band out. Looked into both sleeve and RNY. Am going RNY because the band has given me reflux and sleeves usually exacerbate this.

Terrified that eating will never be the same and scared of change but nothing tastes as good as slim..

I was in a similar boat, had the band back in 11/2011, lost 70, then gained some back and then just couldn't lose anymore weight no matter what I did. So, I had the band removed and revised to RNY, wish I had done so sooner.

Also, something they doesn't get discussed often, Your band could have some serious issues and you won't know unless they open you up. In my case, I had no *major* issues, I had some problems with certain foods, ut no slippage or erosion. Yet, when they went to remove the band for revision to RNY, the band was 100% encapsulated with scar tissue and took 3+ hours just to remove... So, you might not have any symptoms and you could have a ticking time bomb band in you, like I did.