Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

On 08/20/2018 at 20:18, gr8ful1 said:

We had surgery on the same day, but I don't know what's allowed for you at this stage. For me, I'm supposed to be working up to 1/2 cup of food this week, but I should stop eating if I feel full before 1/2 cup. Some of the foods I can and do eat now, and will pack in my lunchbox next week:

- canned tuna with mayo

- ritz crackers (snack or side item)

- fruit cocktail (don't drink the juice)

- cottage cheese

- refried Beans with some shredded cheddar cheese on top

- baked fish (salmon, cod, tilapia) - probably best eaten at home. :-)

That's 4 oz right? Yeah sometimes I feel full before the 4oz especially if its like tuna or eggs. I cant even finish a whole scrambled egg. For tomorrow ( 8am-3:20pm) I packed 4oz of tuna. With 1tsp of mayo (lemon and pinch of salt)
4 wheat crackers with a side if 1 1/2 of hummus
2oz of baby snack ( it's the banana puff stars)
And 3 salami rolls with a bit of cream cheese on it (the light kind) and the salamis are not big
i doubt I will eat it all but I packed extra just in case!!
But I do have to eat 5-6 times a day, so there will be dinner at home.. and Breakfast at home.. probably an egg for breakfast and a Protein Shake for dinner or Protein shake for both 😌

@mercmerc I don't measure food in ounces because it can be confusing. 4 liquid ounces is 1/2 cup in volume, but it does not equal 4 ounces in weight for all foods. I use ounces for measuring my Water consumption and nothing else. I forgot to mention another food that I'm enjoying now: egg salad (no celery yet)

53 minutes ago, Kookies said:

Hey, my surgery were July 17 I am doing great

Good to hear! Mine was on the 25th and I'm doing great, too. It looks like I hit the infamous "3 week stall" about 4 days ago, but I'm sticking to my plan and hoping to see a big weight loss one day soon.

4 hours ago, denisheri said:

Hi all, I’m four weeks post op, how much weigh are people losing in this time, just so I know I’m on track

I was doing well and then have been stalled for the last week or slightly more. I’m down about 19 maybe slightly less since surgery. What about you?

Edited by AEdoesRnY

Hi all, I’m four weeks post op, how much weigh are people losing in this time, just so I know I’m on track
Hello@denisheri I had my surgery July 19th I'm down 51lbs since bariatric surgery. My Sw was 348. I have been having a hard time. Eating solid foods. I was instructed by my surgeon and nutritionist to start eating normal foods at 4 weeks but it gets stuck no matter how slow I eat. I try to eat tuna, shrimp, salmon and they all have me foamy and nausea and vomiting. I just get so depressed and I hate to eat. I just prefer Soups and drinks. Even my Premier Protein gave me foamies once. I am really down a d can't even get excited about the weight loss. Trying to stay positive but I am sad.

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

On 08/27/2018 at 22:14, AEdoesRnY said:

I was doing well and then have been stalled for the last week or slightly more. I’m down about 19 maybe slightly less since surgery. What about you?

I’ve only lost 13 lbs and have stalled the last week or so, what exercises are you doing

My surgery was July 10th. I am in San Diego. I have already hit he infamous 3 to 4 week stall. I started down the next slope. I am averaging about 4 to 6 ounce loss a day. Sound like not much but when the numbers keep dropping it makes a big difference. I have not done a before and after shot yet. I guess I am just waiting to see if I can see it in the mirror. People say I am the shrinking lady at work. But I am still wearing my same clothes as before the surgery. I am too afraid to go try on pants. Maybe in another 3 weeks. I am 7 weeks post op that will make it 10. It's great to read all your stories.

Hey since my surgery on July 17, I have lost 26 pounds, still can't eat a lot of different foods, I have my second doctor visit on Sept 18

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, AEdoesRnY said:

I stalled at week 3 and 4. It was not good in Roberts household. I thought for sure I did something wrong and that the RNY was not working. It is typical to stall when you start to eat real food. Your body is trying to absorb because it has not had the food for so long. Than you wake up in the morning and PRAISE THE LORD. Happy dance down the hallway. YUP!! My hubby thought I was going off the deep end.

I had surgery on 7/12 for sleeve and then a revision on 7/15 to bypass due to scar tissue and blockage of my esophagus. Down 31 lbs so far and hit that stall for 2 weeks where nothing budged. It was about 2 weeks in and right at that time of the month so I hope it doesn't happen like that every month.

I noticed when I write down what I eat, it makes me focus on eating more. If I only eat 5 bites each time I feel full then I lose weight (without writing it all down). I also haven't been eating any carbs without eating more Protein grams than the carbs so that seems to be working.

Edited by cmackpmp
signature was looking weird

@lilybilly, you had bypass and your food is foaming? That doesn't sound like anything my Dr warned me about. I would maybe seek out another opinion. You should be able to chew and eat 3-5 bites at this point without a problem.

especially concerning that a Protein Shake would be causing issues...