Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

On 08/05/2018 at 18:49, GeminiSky said:

How much have you lost since the actual surgery not counting pre op diet?

Down 14 pounds from the morning of my surgery, which was 11 days ago.

On 08/05/2018 at 18:56, mercmerc said:

In a week I lost 11 pounds but i've been stuck on the scale for 2-3 days now .. my stomach is definitely smaller and my clothes are loose
The clothes tell the true story, so don’t let the scale get you down. I went UP half a pound a couple days ago, and I was wondering how, because I am eating less than 100 calories a day! But weight fluctuates naturally from day to day, so it shouldn’t be surprising. I’m going to focus on my weekly average weight. This week’s average minus last week’s average is my weekly weight loss. I am sure I will still see stalls, but I think weekly averages give a more accurate picture of what’s going on. I’m also measuring my neck, abs, and waist.

The scale plays games with my head. I decided to only weigh once a week. I think it really helps. When I weigh every day I lose track of how far I’ve come.

On 08/05/2018 at 21:26, gr8ful1 said:

The clothes tell the true story, so don’t let the scale get you down. I went UP half a pound a couple days ago, and I was wondering how, because I am eating less than 100 calories a day! But weight fluctuates naturally from day to day, so it shouldn’t be surprising. I’m going to focus on my weekly average weight. This week’s average minus last week’s average is my weekly weight loss. I am sure I will still see stalls, but I think weekly averages give a more accurate picture of what’s going on. I’m also measuring my neck, abs, and waist.
They do! I went to the movies today and wore a striped t shirt dress less form fitting than a body con dress and noticed right away that my stomach was waaaayyyy flatter than ever and that when I sit it doesnt stick out and my mom noticed thAt my seatbelt and when I sit in the car or anywhere my stomach is in line with my boobs instead or sticking wayy out .. I really hope the scale starts moving.. my biggest fear would be not loosing weight after this process.

On 08/05/2018 at 21:30, sydchristy88 said:

I was told the 64 oz can include any of your liquids it doesn't have to be just water

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

That sounds way easier!

My surgical team (Dr and dietician) have told me to stay clear of nutra sweet. I asked why and they said that new studies are showing that our bodies react to it the same way that they react to sugar. Is anyone else being told the same thing? Lots of the bariatric recipes I have seen on line add sugar free Jello or sugar free pudding. Unfortunately they have nutra sweet.

On 08/05/2018 at 18:48, mtom said:

1 month post op
One month for me too! How are you making out?

On 08/05/2018 at 21:43, PTARMT said:

My surgical team (Dr and dietician) have told me to stay clear of nutra sweet. I asked why and they said that new studies are showing that our bodies react to it the same way that they react to sugar. Is anyone else being told the same thing? Lots of the bariatric recipes I have seen on line add sugar free Jello or sugar free pudding. Unfortunately they have nutra sweet.

I’ve not been told this, but it makes sense to me. I have a very hard time with artificial sweeteners since surgery. If I eat even a teaspoon of something containing it, I get sweaty and feel light headed. I have had to avoid it since my surgery one month ago.

9 hours ago, gr8ful1 said:

Ok I was like about to start a post like how did I gain 4 ounces? Ive been getting on the scale every single day (7 days post op) and I havent gone past 500 cals a day, meeting my goals with liquids and Protein. I gained a ton of Water weight so technically I lost all that, then I just finally started to move past my pre surgery weight. Starting to get down as to why Im not losing more! Im barely 6 ounces different from when I started :(

Edited by GeminiSky

Quick question, is anyone getting leg pain at night? I think it might be cause I have fibromyalgia, but dr said I have to wear the DVT tights for two weeks post op and I’m waking with really bad leg pain (not DVT)

10 hours ago, AELdoesRNY said:

@geminisky I’m guessing it depends on starting weight, activity, and what kind of diet you’re cleared for. I'm wrapping up day 6 of post-op and I’ve lost 7.3 lbs since morning of surgery but I’m having only one Protein Shake spread out over the day and then Water, crystal light, and broth. All of my “eating” is just 1 ounce per 10-15 minutes, total of 64 ounces by the end of the day (most of that is water...). I’d guess my calories have been 200-350 tops per day...

How are you meeting Protein goals at 60g?

Good point, I have just left a message with my dietician to go through things.

3 hours ago, GeminiSky said:

How are you meeting Protein goals at 60g?

For the first week, they want me to focus on 64 oz of fluids per day and working in one Protein Shake over the course of the day. After my meeting with surgeon tomorrow they should clear me for "full liquid" diet and I'll be having two Protein Shakes a day plus I'm allowed some Soups (still no yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding, etc)