Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

3 hours ago, soph504 said:

Poppygirl—

My surgery was 7/11 and by day 4 post op my gas pain was almost gone, but I also wore an abdominal binder which reduced the pain and bloating a ton. I found one on Amazon for pretty cheap- maybe $30? My doctor told me to wear it for a month and it has really sped up my healing process. You can also try other compression garments like high waisted Spanx type undies or bodysuits, which I’m wearing these days bc I’m back at work and they fit better under my work clothes.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for sharing that info re: a compression wrap after surgery! I just ordered one.

me too, arrives tomorrow feeling quite excited!

Weird question, so my body hurt when I like poke it or grab it like my calves my arms.. it's mostly like my fatty parts, that I assume aren't so fatty anymore.. they kind of hurt.. is this normal???

Hello everyone, I am 10 days post-op and man am I bored. I want to clean. It’s something I do a lot and I can’t really bend without pain and I don’t think my surgeon would want me using the swifter and hand vacuum. So, I’m pretty bored. Hate watching tv because it makes me “head hungry”. So yea, I have two more weeks before anything major. I go back to week in three weeks. Also my progress has been SLOW. For my weight I should have lost 10-30 lbs in the first ten days. I lost like 5-7. I lost 15lbs in the pre-op diet so I wasn’t expecting a stall so soon. I was stalled for like four days. So yea, that’s where I’m at if anyone has any advice or words of encouragement.

3 minutes ago, Laura7 said:

Hello everyone, I am 10 days post-op and man am I bored. I want to clean. It’s something I do a lot and I can’t really bend without pain and I don’t think my surgeon would want me using the swifter and hand vacuum. So, I’m pretty bored. Hate watching tv because it makes me “head hungry”. So yea, I have two more weeks before anything major. I go back to week in three weeks. Also my progress has been SLOW. For my weight I should have lost 10-30 lbs in the first ten days. I lost like 5-7. I lost 15lbs in the pre-op diet so I wasn’t expecting a stall so soon. I was stalled for like four days. So yea, that’s where I’m at if anyone has any advice or words of encouragement.

How many cals are you taking in a day? Grams of Protein? Also im day 5 and im going stir crazy since I cant clean when I want to. However I love pushing my swiffer around so ive been doing the wet then dry swiffer action. Ive had a lot of help from my family cleaning and I really dislike being dependent on anyone. I tried to vacuum once and nope wasnt going to happen I wheeled it a foot and was winded LOL!

On 08/04/2018 at 14:18, GeminiSky said:

How many cals are you taking in a day? Grams of Protein? Also im day 5 and im going stir crazy since I cant clean when I want to. However I love pushing my swiffer around so ive been doing the wet then dry swiffer action. Ive had a lot of help from my family cleaning and I really dislike being dependent on anyone. I tried to vacuum once and nope wasnt going to happen I wheeled it a foot and was winded LOL!

So, my calories were about 300 the first several days. Probably a week under 400. Then I had a day where I realized I could eat something else and went over. I didn’t even count it. But I’m back on track since the scale finally moved despite my extra calories. I tried a bunch of things like hot tea and extra walking But my body just did not want to drop weight. It’s good to hear that you use your swifter. I will def be trying it now. I just have a large house so it can get tiring.

1 minute ago, Laura7 said:

So, my calories were about 300 the first several days. Probably a week under 400. Then I had a day where I realized I could eat something else and went over. I didn’t even count it. But I’m back on track since the scale finally moved despite my extra calories. I tried a bunch of things like hot tea and extra walking But my body just did not want to drop weight. It’s good to hear that you use your swifter. I will def be trying it now. I just have a large house so it can get tiring.

Think of it this way, youre getting your "walking" and "steps" in swiffering. I love it! Im like hey Im totally doing what im supposed to be. Super light swiffer + walking = win!

What was this mystery food you decided to eat?

Edited by GeminiSky

I’m so bored too! Live with two boys that are useless so house messy! Been ordering rubbish off amazon! Tummy still huge and swollen. Not really sleeping so exhausted during the day, bored of TV. I’m day eight so still a fair way to go yet 😕 but I know it will all be worth it!!

Haha I’ve ordered a BUNCH of stuff off Amazon this week too!

On 08/04/2018 at 14:24, GeminiSky said:

Think of it this way, youre getting your "walking" and "steps" in swiffering. I love it! Im like hey Im totally doing what im supposed to be. Super light swiffer + walking = win!

What was this mystery food you decided to eat?

Provolone cheese chewed very well

Just now, Laura7 said:

Mmmm cheeese man I cant wait to have a slice not gunna lie LOL!

On 08/04/2018 at 14:25, Poppygirl said:

I’m so bored too! Live with two boys that are useless so house messy! Been ordering rubbish off amazon! Tummy still huge and swollen. Not really sleeping so exhausted during the day, bored of TV. I’m day eight so still a fair way to go yet 😕 but I know it will all be worth it!!
I am so surprised I haven’t been shopping. I love shopping (probably my replacement addiction) but I haven’t had anything to buy.

I didn’t say I needed anything, that’s my problem!! I’ve bought a label maker today....not quite sure why 😳

9 minutes ago, Laura7 said:

I’m on stage four and still can’t eat this is the worst. eggs don’t even stay down. Is anyone else going through this