Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Gastric Bypass?

On 08/30/2018 at 13:36, Hanna71500 said:

I stalled at week 3 and 4. It was not good in Roberts household. I thought for sure I did something wrong and that the RNY was not working. It is typical to stall when you start to eat real food. Your body is trying to absorb because it has not had the food for so long. Than you wake up in the morning and PRAISE THE LORD. Happy dance down the hallway. YUP!! My hubby thought I was going off the deep end.

Thanks for the encouragement! Even with just being on puréed I’ve been dealing with stalling for sure and I’ve been worrying that it didn’t work for me, that my doc didn’t make my pouch small or didn’t bypass enough intestine...I’m hoping that by 5 weeks post op on Monday maybe I’ll be over the hump...still hovering around 19-20ish pounds...

Had my gastric bypass July 17th... How are you doing?

Mine was 7/15, I'm stalled at the moment. Trying to find my motivation again :) Down about 34 lbs so far. I am finding that if I count my food then I think about food too much but if I don't count at least a few days a week then I drift off and eat badly. Trying to refocus on Protein, Water, and carb counts to get back on track.

Added a fitbit so I can keep track of my sleep and calories burned so I know what I'm doing...we'll see.

Hi there cmackpmp. I stalled right around 7 weeks I think, and it last just a little over a week. I really don't think about food and that was probably my problem before. I eat when I think I'm hungry. I do love my Protein Shakes (wal-mart brand of Premier rocks) and I love baby meats. I find that some Progresso Soups do good as well. I'm struggling finding meals I can cook for the whole family that I can eat. Until I do I will cook separate things for everyone. I'm almost down 50 lbs but I need to up my gym game that's for sure. I use my Fitbit Versa to watch my resting heart rate more than anything. Dealing with Constipation now and not sure what its coming from lol.

I have found that magnesium supplement every other day helps to keep the Constipation at bay and a tea from either Amazon or natural foods store called Smooth Move will clear up any remaining problems without any cramping or emergency type situations. The tea reliably works in about 8 hours so perfect to drink before bed time.

I think eating 3 bites of Protein and 2 bites of something with Fiber is the best ratio per meal...forgot to add that.

I most definitely need to start incorporating fiber for sure. But my dietitian has told me to stay away from tea, or anything with caffeine. But then she contradicted herself by saying, "but if you are one of those people that needs caffeine in the morning to get up and go, you can have it". So, is tea bad for you or not? I mean, all tea has caffeine in it. I also pour some powdered stool softener in my Decaf coffee in the mornings to see if it helps.

This Smooth Move tea is caffeine free so no worries about that part.

I did start drinking a low acid coffee at 10 weeks out because I work 80 hours a week and I really need something. I am taking a prilosec every morning to prevent any ulcers and my Dr says that is fine. I would say avoid the caffeine as long as you can, once you start back up it is really hard to break the habit again.

I was never a big caffeine drinker per-se. It wasn't hard to switch to Decaf in the morning, but what I miss is my Diet Snapple with peach. I dilute EVERYTHING I drink, before surgery and after. I just want a little lick lol

Question for fellow July folks. I’m doing great, down 75 lbs. but suddenly drinking Water has become difficult, almost painful/lots of pressure. Anyone have this? I almost always drink room temp water. Is that bad?

11/08/2018 08:55 PM, NYJenn said:

Question for fellow July folks. I’m doing great, down 75 lbs. but suddenly drinking Water has become difficult, almost painful/lots of pressure. Anyone have this? I almost always drink room temp Water. Is that bad?
I haven’t had anything like that, I’d talk with your team bc it sounds serious! Congrats on your amazing progress! I had my surgery in July as well and I’m 20 lbs behind you when I include my two week preop loss too! Wow!

Hey guys!! Had my surgery July 19th and I'm down 75 since surgery. I feel like I dnt have much restriction. But I have felt hungry since surgery, that helps. When I really need to eat I just get weak l.

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, lilybilly said:

Hey guys!! Had my surgery July 19th and I'm down 75 since surgery. I feel like I dnt have much restriction. But I have felt hungry since surgery, that helps. When I really need to eat I just get weak l.

Sent from my SM-G965F using BariatricPal mobile app

That's wonderful progress! 😃

Wow, you guys are doing awesome! I’m only down 42 pounds. I have 3 pounds to go until I hit my next goal of hitting the 170’s. So far, I haven’t had issues with Water. Def a question to ask surgeon. My surgery was July 23rd.

Surgery date 7/31 - 3 months post op. WeightLoss has slowed a lot. I’m still struggling with not feeling full and exceeding the 1/4 cup/2 oz portion requirement. The dr told me to drink Water or Protein Drink 30 minutes before all meals n that isn’t helping me feel full. I’m eating way more than a should!! Any suggestions on how to maintain a full feeling without eating more than prescribed. Also I can eat almost 6oz of food with no discomfort whatsoever. I’ve learned that the bypass just lets the food slip down into the intestine n doesn’t really hold the food like the sleeve. I wonder if I should have gotten the sleeve. Everyone I’ve talked to that had the sleeve have said they can’t eat more than a 1/4 cup or they’ll get sick or feel a discomfort.