Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Columbia Presbyterian NYC: Doctor preference?

Hi everyone, I am at the point where after six monthly of visits with my doctor, all of the required tests etc I can meet with "the surgeon". I'm having gastric bypass at Columbia Pres in NYC around late June/early July (I think!). I didn't realize I would get to choose which doctor but I called to make the appointment and they asked who I wanted. I have no idea. It's between Dr. Bessler and Dr. Krikhely, both are available before June 5 for the office visit.

Has anyone had a great or not experience with either of them that they'd be willing to share?
Thank you!

11 minutes ago, FloweryNYC said:

Hi everyone, I am at the point where after six monthly of visits with my doctor, all of the required tests etc I can meet with "the surgeon". I'm having gastric bypass at Columbia Pres in NYC around late June/early July (I think!). I didn't realize I would get to choose which doctor but I called to make the appointment and they asked who I wanted. I have no idea. It's between Dr. Bessler and Dr. Krikhely, both are available before June 5 for the office visit.

Has anyone had a great or not experience with either of them that they'd be willing to share?
Thank you!

Hi there! I have Dr. Bessler and will be having my surgery this Friday (yay). I had done research on Dr. Bessler before my meeting so I made my first appointment with him. I don't have any complaints, he was very easy going and explained everything. The staff there is also really great. I know there are a couple of people on the forum that have Dr. Krikhely. Good luck and reach out if you have questions!

I just had surgery a few hours ago with krekely and OMG choose him! I feel amazing! I don’t have pain I don’t have gas I’m not sore.. I’m so happy that I can lay here in recovery and feel well enough that I can actually appreciate this blessing and opportunity I just got versus being miserable, in pain and regretting it. I’m not religious but I’ll have to say god bless his hands and skills. I’m sure even if you get bessler you’ll have a good experience being that you’re in a center of excellence for your procedure with undeniably some of the best doctors. You also get a nurse right at your bedside for anything you need, they literally don’t move from there. I’m so overjoyed that I can go on and on.
Image1526943530.804184.jpg

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

I just had surgery a few hours ago with krekely and OMG choose him! I feel amazing! I don’t have pain I don’t have gas I’m not sore.. I’m so happy that I can lay here in recovery and feel well enough that I can actually appreciate this blessing and opportunity I just got versus being miserable, in pain and regretting it. I’m not religious but I’ll have to say god bless his hands and skills. I’m sure even if you get bessler you’ll have a good experience being that you’re in a center of excellence for your procedure with undeniably some of the best doctors. You also get a nurse right at your bedside for anything you need, they literally don’t move from there. I’m so overjoyed that I can go on and on.
Image1526943530.804184.thumb.jpg.86a08250aef89c37ed75efd46bd06b5f.jpg

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

It was today!!!! Omg, why did I think it was the 30th? I’m so glad you’re doing well. If you think of anything else please post, I’ll be looking at the same view in a few days. So happy for you[emoji38]

“I know that I’m in my own little world—but it’s ok, they like me here.”

Thank you both, SO much! Yoyogirl, today?! OMG glad to hear how well you feel and I hope it just continues from there. I really appreciate your reply from the recovery room!

Cammarays, good luck on Friday! Hope the pre-surg diet is going well. I'd love to hear more (all!) you have to share when you're ready to share the whole Columbia experience. I've had a few surgeries there and all have gone well so thats reassuring :) Thank you both so much and keep up the great work on your journeys!

Thank you! Yes, I’m a big fan of Columbia (my daughter was born there) so I know I’m in good hands and you will be too! liquid diet is going reasonably well. The first few days were a challenge but my brain and stomach are now working in unison. Lol.