Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Loss Update and First Milestone

So just a small update on my numbers that have me super excited. This week I made it down to 230lbs, that's a 95lb drop from where I started the year. I actually got a little teary eyed when I saw that number on the scale yesterday.

The most exciting part isn't just the number on the scale, but what that number says about my health in general. When I started at 325, my BMI was 41.7, which classified me at "morbidly obese." And while I hide my weight well (most people were shocked that I was looking at surgery at all because they didn't realize I was quite so heavy) it definitely had it's effect on my physical abilities and the way I felt in general.

Now, at 230, I'm down to a BMI of 29.5, which is classified as "overweight." I don't recall exactly how long I would have been considered "obese," the earliest I can remember of being very aware of my weight was in 98-99 when I was in 10th grade and wrestled in the 275 weight class. So I know that it's at least 20 years that I was quite that large, but not sure how much earlier then that I was doing that poorly with my body.

My next goal is my primary goal, at 194 I will no longer be considered overweight at all... so that's only about another 36lbs from where I am now. Which shouldn't be too hard considering how far I've come in such a short period of time. I think I would like to make it down to 185 as a standing weight, putting me at a potential BMI of 23.8.

That is a lot of weight for 3 months, good job! What does a daily meal plan look like?

Way to go! Impressive numbers!

Way to go!!! What a great success story!! Your success is inspiring as well as your goals. I set mine higher than I actually want but I know I'd be comfortable. Reading your update makes me want to rethink that. Good on you, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by J San

@Czuck1983 I’m getting teary-eyed just reading your post. Congratulations just doesn’t seem like a big enough word. Our victories go so deep, maybe because we had times where we didn’t think it possible. You’ve made it POSSIBLE. Way to go. 🤯

Edited by KatFight

This is AWESOME! You should be really proud. Thank you for inspiring me to keep on keeping on.

2 hours ago, dillydog said:

That is a lot of weight for 3 months, good job! What does a daily meal plan look like?

To be honest, my meal plan has been a bit sporadic... I've struggled with the infamous foamies on and off, so there was a period of almost 2 weeks where I maybe had one meal every 2 days and spent the rest of my time drinking as much as I could. I drink a 12oz Powerade every day and also keep a water bottle near me at all times. I have a 40oz bottle and usually get through 2-2.5 fills a day.

2 weeks ago, as detailed in a previous post, I got really bad and for about 4 days or so was barely able to drink half a bottle a day... I ended up in the ER with 2 bags of straight saline and a banana bag. Since then, I've been doing really good and in all honesty, been eating small quantities of just about anything I wanted. This past Sunday, I had a bunless hotdog for the first time since surgery; Wednesday I caved to a deep craving and hit up Taco Bell. I ate just over half of a beef burrito (should have stopped sooner but it was so good I lost control... not going to do that again). Today I had 3 raviolis with a little bit of shredded cheese and Pasta Sauce (that was my third time having ravioli since being approved to try anything).

I don't drink Protein Shakes anymore, honestly, I haven't had one since surgery, I couldn't stomach them at all. Also, obviously those were not my only meals through the week, just the only ones that might not necessarily be bariatric approved. I guess it hasn't effected me much on the scale, I weigh in twice a week, Mondays and Thursdays... Monday I was 236.2, Thursday I was 231.4. So I guess the Taco Bell didn't kick my ass as bad as it could have.

Well keep up the good work, i started about the same as you, I got to 228 or so and have been stuck at 230 for a couple months now. Been eating what i want but need to get back to the program so to speak. Protein Shakes are rough for me also, use to love them pre-surgery but they turn my stomach now also.