Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi fellow sleevers!
My surgery went very well indeed. I was 2nd on the list so didn't have to wait all day and had surgery at 11.30am. My husband was more scared than I was, he was in tears bless him.

Came round from surgery and had terrible pain from the gas they blow you up with but my lovely daughter came soon after and burped me like a baby by rubbing my back which eased it quite a bit.
I was sick quite a few times to start with as they gave me some peppermint Water to ease the gas and I took it too quickly so it all came back up, gross I know.

I was very scared to actually drink anything as I could feel it going down and gurgling, strange sensation plus I was wary of vomiting again but that has eased off now. I had very little pain which really surprised me, my daughter had the same op two years ago and couldn't get out of bed for two days so I assumed it would be the same, evidently not.
I was able to get up and walk about a bit which I think also helped with the gas situation. Overnight they kept coming to take my blood pressure and temps so didn't sleep much.
Saw the doctor this morning who said I had successfully shrunk my liver and that's why surgery went so well, so glad I stuck to it!

They said I could go home today as I was feeling so much better so I came home this afternoon with my husband. I have only just figured out how much I can take into my mouth at one time, more than a sip but less than a gulp if that makes sense! I had to figure that out on my own lol.

The thought of food is nauseating at the moment and I can't even think about having my usual cup of tea so I am just drinking water. I have the Protein Powder but can't face it, will it do much damage if I delay it a couple of days?

Not sure if by a couple of days, but my surgeon had mentioned that if I found the thicker fluids (protein shakes/yogurt/pudding/jello items harder to handle that I should focus on my Fluid intake for the first 3 days. I also purchased Protein Water, so that actually helped me significantly. I mixed it with benefiber and diluted the taste with extra water so it turned at 15.9oz 15g protein water to a 24oz, and was able to get LOTS of fluid, AND LOTS of protein. If you dilute it, its not too sweet.

Another option you can do with the shakes is mix them with liquid. I mix my Premier Protein with my decaff coffee. I love it! I got 10g of protein in (about 4oz of premier protein) mixed that with 4ox decaff coffee and drank it over the course of 40 minutes for a decent fluid/protein group.

Edited by Kay07

the walking is the "thing" You cant walk to much and it will make nearly everything that feels bad in the first month feel better.

grats and good luck