Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alli diet pills

wasabubblebutt, my mom was just saying that its not as extreme as everyone thinks it is. i thought you were trying to be funny when you made the commit. I just wanted feedback on the pills before gettin them. some days i`m week and some days i`m strong. I know i shouldn`t need pills when i have the band but i figured would could it hurt and it may help me to eat better and who knows if that is the case of needing depends maybe it will help with my lack of doing what i suppose to.

I personally disagree with the use of drugs such as that after one has restriction. The whole idea of having a lapband is to change your whole world regarding food and food issues. Making right choices is easier said than done, it comes with a lot of head work and it's no easy task. But it's something you kinda have to do unless you want to take Alli for the rest of your days.

Same holds true with amphetamines to suppress hunger, starch blockers, etc.

Xenical was on the market for a long time, still is to the best of my knowledge. Thing is, the drug was a huge flop. The drug co thought it would be a huge hit and it was until people started taking it and leaking orange goo. The word spread and it didn't do nearly as well as predicted. It is still used but not nearly as much as expected.

I suspect the same will hold true for Alli. When enough people pooh their pants in public they aren't going to want to chance that one again. Alli is the same as Xenical just a much lower strength.

Yummie.....Just take it one day at a time. Just like other programs, just do a good job today!!! One step at a time and you will get there. Soon you will feel so good you will want to make better choices all the time.

Metalband,

you made me laugh out loud commenting on your choice of Pb's over having and "accident"....lol.

Yummie, I wonder if where using the band and not eating as much to begin with, maybe the alli would not be as unpleasant. How much fat were these people taking in when they had these "episodes".

I actually had the bottle in my hands the other day, but decided to see if there was anything on this site about it.

I think I'll wait it out for now, but it's still on the backburner for me too.

I personally disagree with the use of drugs such as that after one has restriction...

That's the ticket right there!!!! I took alli, until I got good restriction. I had NO, ZERO, NADDA, side effects except for weight loss! However, now that I have good restriction, I don't need it and don't waste my money on it because I'm losing great without it!

A lady in my office is taking alli...she's doing great on it with no messy side effects. Another friend of mine and her husband took it for a month and had no messy side effects either.

SO, if you're still waiting on good restriction, I see no harm in it. That of course is my personal opinion :)

Yummie, I used zenical (the perscription drug alli is based on) for eight months before i was banded and it does cause oily discharge if you overeat fatty foods. Like the band, it slowly teaches you which foods to avoid. I got off of them because I didnt like the effect and only lost a little bit of wieght. I get desperate too because im not losing as much as I thought i would either. Just ignore Wasaisabubblehead, she often posts on threads that have nothing to do with her in any way just out of habit. She has no other life than the one we afford her on here, poor thing.

I did take xenical for awhile and I didn't lose wt. I maintained my wt. and then gained it back, when I could no longer justify the expense. I had lots of "accidents" with this medication. Believe me the fat just runs through. It is awful. I don't recommend it to anyone. It will not modify your behaviour at all. I found that I would justify my poor choices by thinking that the fat in the food I ate will not be absorbed, so it doesn't matter if I eat this. Give it a try if you like, just take extra clothes with you and be very very careful about what you eat. It is a great medication for people with chronic constipation!

Took xenical a few years ago and didn't have the problem some have with it. I wore white.

Of course, my sister can't eat Olestra-olean- wow chips because it makes her run... but not me.

I guess everyone is different so try it and pay attention to your bowels.

Let us know how it's going for you.

I took alli before I got banded. I also took it some up until I had good restriction because I had it left over from pre banding. It didn't really do anything for me except keep me changing underware more than regularly. If you try it, don't pass gas until you are on the toilet cause you may mess your pants. It really is no joke any kind of fat you consume becomes this orange oil that leaks out of your backside. I did have to use panty liners. It wasn't as bad once I was banded but it still happened. I did notice a couple oz. loss after being banded but never a whole pound.

Metalband, you made me laugh out loud commenting on your choice of Pb's over having and "accident"....lol. Yummie, I wonder if where using the band and not eating as much to begin with, maybe the alli would not be as unpleasant. How much fat were these people taking in when they had these "episodes". I actually had the bottle in my hands the other day, but decided to see if there was anything on this site about it. I think I'll wait it out for now, but it's still on the backburner for me too.

I am now trying alli and it seems to be doing great. I haven`t had an accident b/c if i had a need to pass gas i go the the bathroom. i also am watching what i eat more so now. i will let you know how effective it is but any help is better then none. good luck everyone has opinions so base alli on what you want to do. feedback is great but it should help on guidance with your decision.

Yummie, I used zenical (the perscription drug alli is based on) for eight months before i was banded and it does cause oily discharge if you overeat fatty foods. Like the band, it slowly teaches you which foods to avoid. I got off of them because I didnt like the effect and only lost a little bit of wieght. I get desperate too because im not losing as much as I thought i would either. Just ignore Wasaisabubblehead, she often posts on threads that have nothing to do with her in any way just out of habit. She has no other life than the one we afford her on here, poor thing.[/quote

Well thanks for the positive feedback i had to lol when i read your thread just tickled me. My mother always said if you have nothing nice to say then don`t say anything at all. Do i detect a little star jones in wasabubblebutt, to get arrogant and forget who she was before surgey? I knock no one for what they do b/c i am not perfect, we all live and learn. the pills seem to be doing fine, and i plan on taking it day by day. one thing for sure its cheaper then the fill and i am self pay. sorry i don`t know how to reply to everyone thread im a little computer dingy.

mbanja it is what you say about the oily discharge but its not much b/c i`m trying to calm down on my food which i am doing very well. Hopefully my weight lost will continue to victory. much success to you and good luck to everyone. P.S. I will also be gettin me a colonic. Has anyone had that.

Guys, posting opinions is fine but please refrain from making it personal. Go after the idea not the person - pretty much all we ask around here. Thanks. :(

Maybe it was just the way she was eating but, my daughter was taking Xenical for a while and she said that she could be just standing (thankfully at home) and would just feel something run down her legs.After I heard about this I have NEVER dared to try it any longer. Like I said, knowing her, I'm sure that it was just her diet, but ugh!

that was funny. she might have been becuase it gives you a menu to follow. its great. but/nobody`s perfect and she thought she could get away with it.i`m ok with it so far so good. i don`t know about tomorrow or the next day but all i can do is try and if it doesn`t work so be it.

wheetsin you are exactly right about not making comments personal so i apologize to any one i affended. but sometimes you can`t help but be defensive. if i have nothin good to say i say nothing at all accept when bein attacked. but i would never insult someone who was just asking and needed help making a decision.

This thread is too funny,.....

Box of Depends....

orange goo...

wear dark clothing....

don't pass until your in the bathroom...

LOL>....LOL....LOL...can't even type.....LOL

You guys are too...much!!!!

I'm lol so hard...am about to cry.....but wait if I was taking alli would that make me pass?.....just kiddin'

I have not been banded yet....but i'm dissapointed to hear that pills are still taken after being banded?..... Do doctor's ok this?

Because I have taken Adipex and Bontril...never Xenical or Alli...now I won't try either...got scared after reading this....but I want to give up all those things once I am banded....I thought that was going to be the tool that would replace all those bad side effecting....pills...darn!

Do doctor's allow you to take these pills?

There is an old thread on this site concerning the effects of Xenical which is pretty funny. Many of the people who posted then told stories of weird and unexpected oily orange poopage.

I did once work for a supervisor who lost a considerable amount of beef and who then told me his secret. It was thanks to Xenical. I begged my doc for some but she said nope. She explained that I might end up having accidents. I told her that I was prepared to eat my triple cheese pizza while sitting on the toilet but the answer was still nope. I was kinda disappointed at the time. And I never did discover whether my supervisor was wearing panty liners. I guess I shoulda asked him. :D