Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just had my gastric sleeve about 6 hrs ago

8 hours ago, mamalala said:

Yeah. My dad is big and he sleeps like a bear all day and I was just like him I could sleep all day long and now I only sleep like 4 or 5 hours. And I wake up super early

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

i knock out good but can only sleep for 4 or 5 hours too.. , last night i tried my first egg... i had to walk it out because it didnt settle well.

2 hours ago, brooks1138 said:

i knock out good but can only sleep for 4 or 5 hours too.. , last night i tried my first egg... i had to walk it out because it didnt settle well.

Did you try to eat the whole egg or just a bit?

Congrats!! I can’t wait till I have my surgery date!

43 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Did you try to eat the whole egg or just a bit?

i fried it over easy with kirkland cooking spray and had a bit of cheese on the side. i cut it into tiny pieces but the chest tightening feeling followed mid way..so i tossed it

2 minutes ago, brooks1138 said:

i fried it over easy with kirkland cooking spray and had a bit of cheese on the side. i cut it into tiny pieces but the chest tightening feeling followed mid way..so i tossed it

Probably just a bit too much. I don't really get a good warning when I should stop until I take one bite too many. Early on, portions are impossibly difficult to estimate. Good luck as you figure out your path.

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

42 minutes ago, H2neal said:

your worst enemy is the anxiety... make sure to pack some gas x for your first over night and some good music to power you through the initial walks post-op . Good Luck and let us know how your doing along the way.

43 minutes ago, mamalala said:

You got to eat slow and put a sauce on it

ive been consuming eggs ive been making egg drop since the first week but i guess the fried or even the scrambled is too firm yet.

2 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

Probably just a bit too much. I don't really get a good warning when I should stop until I take one bite too many. Early on, portions are impossibly difficult to estimate.

Exactly! now with my week three coming up i started to schedule my meals since this morning ... with the variety i have now discovered im able to add structure to my meal plan.. So far so good,

2 minutes ago, mamalala said:

I go back to work tonight so I'll probably try to eat an egg. Hopefully

Try for 1/3 or 1/2 the first time. You don't want to make yourself miserable. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, mamalala said:

I go back to work tonight so I'll probably try to eat an egg. Hopefully

i went back to work saturday night mothers day concert for some big time arab singer , had to do stop people rushing the stage and even broke up two fights , almost forgot about not straining myself but luckily didnt get caught up lol...

your still wearing the band around your waist ? i dont know about you but now i wear it just to remind myself im still in a delicate situation

i went back to work saturday night mothers day concert for some big time arab singer , had to do stop people rushing the stage and even broke up two fights , almost forgot about not straining myself but luckily didnt get caught up lol...

your still wearing the band around your waist ? i dont know about you but now i wear it just to remind myself im still in a delicate situation

No they never gave me one but I had like a Faja that I wore a couple days after the surgery and it felt good. I work for TSA so we'll see what happens tonight with these crazy passengers