Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost quit on Day 1 of my pre-op liquid diet

Im probably going to get slack for this. I have my surgery on 5/11 and have researched deeply on this preop liquid diet. I read this diet is suppose to make us go into Keto to shrink the liver. Technically to go into Keto, if you dont eat carbs and bad fats ( but healthy fats is ok) you will tap into your fat stores and shrink your liver quick. I.E, Eatting Cauliflower Mac is considered keto since its carb free...Its just Califlower with heavy cream, cheese, etc. All these ingredients is zero carbs, and very little sugar. I've read also depending where you are some are allowed to eat grilled fish with no salt seasoning and lemon, which fish is zero carbs. Other countries have different requirments like this one person on here lives in Australia and is required to do 30 days! Others like me have to do 14, and lucky few have to do 3 days. So my question is who's telling the truth?
Anyhow, I feel you. This liquid diet is crappy. Its not my favorite thing to do at all.

I’ve done low carb diets all my life and managed to lose up to 100lbs but couldn’t maintain. The prob with getting to ketosis while doing really low carb under 15 a day is that it’ll be high in fat/calories no matter what. Unless all I eat is plain tuna in Water all day. I’m not sure what each doctor wishes to accomplish by whatever pre op requirements they pick but I just can’t take a chance to screw this over. But you had a great idea brewing lol. If I knew for sure it was just to be on ketosis I’d be having turkey bacon & egg whites for Breakfast, grilled chicken for lunch and some yummy salmon for dinner no sides to keep it super low in cal and carbs.

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City :)

Well peeps I broke,down today and watched another episode of my 600 pound life after I swore I never would. It was the episode Kirsten's Story. Found myself appalled and yet fascinated,by the proceedings. I hope this doesn't sound upsetting but it was like watching an caged animal in the zoo, I didn't feel a link with her at all., So I finished watching with a sense of detachment. I am glad I am not a part of that show. 😕

Also the pre op liquid diet prepares you for post op. I'm one week post op and feeling great. Looking forward to this new journey.

Well peeps I broke,down today and watched another episode of my 600 pound life after I swore I never would. It was the episode Kirsten's Story. Found myself appalled and yet fascinated,by the proceedings. I hope this doesn't sound upsetting but it was like watching an caged animal in the zoo, I didn't feel a link with her at all., So I finished watching with a sense of detachment. I am glad I am not a part of that show. [emoji53]

I’m obsessed with that show. It’s a love hate thing

Also the pre op liquid diet prepares you for post op. I'm one week post op and feeling great. Looking forward to this new journey.

I’m so jealous! I can’t wait to be where you’re at bc this liquid diet is killing me. I’m expecting post op liquid stage to be much easier because it just has to be. Being full after a few sips sounds good to me but being this hungry after 5 shakes is torture [emoji30]

I’m such a complainer lol

Think of it this way. Is it worth possibly sabotaging your surgery by giving in to your food cravings? This helped me even though I wasn't as hungry during my pre op liquid phase, I just couldn't imagine them not being able to perform surgery because I didn't follow the diet. What you're experiencing is totally natural

The pre op is hard. But this journey is supposed to be hard. Every time I’m tempted to cheat, I remind myself that the reason I’m heading into Bariatric surgery is due to a lifetime of a chest here, and there.
I’m on day 6 of my 14 day pre op & Down 10lbs.

Awesome! The struggle is worth it!

Pre-op is tough, and so is the first month post-op. Then it starts to get easier. Hang in there, its worth it!

Think of it this way. Is it worth possibly sabotaging your surgery by giving in to your food cravings? This helped me even though I wasn't as hungry during my pre op liquid phase, I just couldn't imagine them not being able to perform surgery because I didn't follow the diet. What you're experiencing is totally natural

Facts! That’s the only thing that keeps me going. The thought that they can’t perform surgery or that I make it harder and more painful than it needs to be. So I will drink my shakes and then come on here and complain about how hungry I am afterwards [emoji23][emoji108]

Facts! That’s the only thing that keeps me going. The thought that they can’t perform surgery or that I make it harder and more painful than it needs to be. So I will drink my shakes and then come on here and complain about how hungry I am afterwards [emoji23][emoji108]

Yo-Yo Girl from New York City [emoji4]

And we'll be right here to listen and motivate you! You got this!

The pre op is hard. But this journey is supposed to be hard. Every time I’m tempted to cheat, I remind myself that the reason I’m heading into Bariatric surgery is due to a lifetime of a chest here, and there.
I’m on day 6 of my 14 day pre op & Down 10lbs.

Excellent.. have you felt sick at all? I’m starting to feel really hot like it comes from inside of me. I also feel my blood pressure low and super nauseous and fatigued. Also every shake I drink is starting to taste sweeter and sweeter ugh [emoji58]

My first five days were a breeze. My sons stopped by for a visit and brought fried chicken and fries; at work there were doughnuts, Cookies, cakes and every commercial was related to food. 🤤 I never felt sick because I kept telling myself too think of the outcome. One day I was tempted, I grabbed a bottle of Water and took a two mile walk. It helps to divert your focus.

My first five days were a breeze. My sons stopped by for a visit and brought fried chicken and fries; at work there were doughnuts, Cookies, cakes and every commercial was related to food. 🤤 I never felt sick because I kept telling myself too think of the outcome. One day I was tempted, I grabbed a bottle of Water and took a two mile walk. It helps to divert your focus.

You’re making me feel like a whiny baby [emoji30] i would have eating all that chicken with fries lmao nobody better even smell like food around me because I’ll eat them too

Trust me, I really wanted to but again, its all mental