Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TMI - Poop and hemorrhoids

Okay, so I have never had hemorrhoids prior to surgery that were bothersome. I have had 2 children so yes I have them. So now every time I go poop I am in horrible pain because of the hard stool and the hemorrhoids. It took me 7 hours to poop today and I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't work. I felt like I gave birth to my 3rd child. What are people doing for hemorrhoids now that the stool is hard. I was in tears I was in so much pain. I am still bleeding from when I did finally go. I can't sit on a chair without being in pain. Thanks in advance for constructive advice.

I had a monster hemorrhoid when I weighed 270. Nasty little bugger could be about the size of a blueberry...and painful as all hells.

Lost weight and it's gone. Just plain went away. Poof!

That pucker is looking showroom quality again. I don't know where it went...but I'm glad it left.

Don't mean to be graphic....but hey, it's a hopeful thing!

Seriously, though, if you're experiencing that much trauma taking a poo...you should talk to your doc. Get some stool softeners, loosen things up with a bulb syringe of warm Water or lube, eat your Fiber, etc.

It gets better.

And hey, maybe your Roid will follow mine into the land of remission and you'll be done with that nonsense before too long? Here's hoping:)

Edited by Creekimp13

I take stool softener ... plus I dunno why but the Magnesium pills help me to go. I was also doing Milk of Magnesia ... and when I have 3 to 4 days without properly going I take Zen tea. ( not always)
I use a squatty patty .. helps a lot
And when I feel like my hemorrhoids are gonna act up.. Pat my self there some witch Hazel after using the bathroom and Preparation H .

💩Poppy McTurd says "good morning everyone!" He's says "Even tho I'm,#2 it's good to know. I'm #1 in all your hearts and minds"Well, I guess I'll keep moving along!" ,...😝

Okay, so I have never had hemorrhoids prior to surgery that were bothersome. I have had 2 children so yes I have them. So now every time I go poop I am in horrible pain because of the hard stool and the hemorrhoids. It took me 7 hours to poop today and I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't work. I felt like I gave birth to my 3rd child. What are people doing for hemorrhoids now that the stool is hard. I was in tears I was in so much pain. I am still bleeding from when I did finally go. I can't sit on a chair without being in pain. Thanks in advance for constructive advice.
After surgery i got Constipation and got hemeroids. I used the well known hemeroid creams, but they would just relieve the symptoms, i could still feel the bumps.
I was using CBD cream for my knees, and just tried it for the hemeroids. Within 3 days they disappeared and all the pain was gone! So freaking happy that stuff is gone. Try it!

Sent from my LG-H910 using BariatricPal mobile app

I can offer no advice on the hemeroids, so far I’ve been lucky to dodge that...but keeping with the TMI heading, is anyone else experience really smelly gas?

I suspect the Protein shakes/soups are the culprit as pre surgery they kept me super regular lols. Or is it my smaller stomach? I asked at the hospital and they said it was due to the surgery for the first few days, just hopeful it will get better soon.

I didn't even risk it. I started taking a dose of Miralax three days after the surgery. I tried to take the dulcolax but I really can't swallow pills without pain. I'm 3 weeks out and I mix a half dose of miralax in with my 20 oz of crystal light and drink it throughout the day.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have them too. I buy the powdered stool softener so you can mix it in your drink. Fortunately I've been ok with number 2 going into 8 days post op but still have great pain from pre-existing haemorrhoids. Try the powdered laxative

I feel ya, I have been taking 2 stool softeners a day, Miralax & enema. Nurse told me it could take 2-3 days for it to start working

Colace daily for me otherwise major issues.

I can't help with the roids, but certainly stool softeners and increased fibre (such as benefibre which is unnoticeable in your coffee etc) can help with preventing hard poops and letting them heal better. I start taking a combination laxative and stool softener after any day I don't go #2.