Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ November Thread

Hey Gal Pals!

Had my appointment with plastic surgeon yesterday, I chickened out for Dec 3, moved to Jan 14 :)

We discussed implants, he said he preferred not to, but would consider it, but the one he showed me was huge, I told him I would let him make the judgement call during/at surgery, if he didn't feel he could give me the proper lift or fullness that I'm looking for with my own fat and breast tissue, that he would have my authorization to do the implants, but I'm probably going to tell him def not when I go back for my EKG and blood work.

I like the fact he prefers not to use them on me, because he said the implants are a "lifetime" commitment, whatever that means, I guess the massaging and the possibility they could leak. He showed me a silicone one, which feels really natural and a saline one, which if IT, the saline one, leaked, the body would absorb it and pee it out, whereas the silicone one would be trapped in the body and cause a lump, so I've pretty much changed my mind on letting him do the implants....will do just the reduction and lift, heaven knows he has lots to work with :).

Getting ready to plan a trip for Cancun, anyone been there? Any suggestions?

Anne, I'll send my guys if you'll come put my tree up....deal?

We went to Cancun back in like 98 or maybe 99. It was beautiful, always something to do. My only suggestion is to look at the calendar, and plan accordingly. BUT make sure it is a school calendar you are looking at!!! If the colleges are out of session, reschedule your trip! The way ours fell, our final weekend, lapped over the first of the college summer releases---when they hit---our vacation was over! The nice restaurants we ate at---I mean very nice---lost the tablecloths, and cloth napkins, and the terrace dining room, ended up with a portable pool full of some kind of foam in it, so they could dance (or whatever) in it! The entire place "dumbed down"!!! We had went in to a jewelry shop and had decided to look around, when we went back in the last day there, we ask about a handcrafted Masonic tie clip we had seen for my Dad, he had to get it all out of a back room, they had entirely changed out inventory, he said it would be that way for the next 3.5 months, then go back! He told us it is like 2 different cities! One for the adult tourist, and one for the high school and college kids out to party. He said he and his wife do not leave home much if the party crowd is around, and he is always having to call and have drunk kids removed from his personal pool at home, they climb the fence and go swimming!

So----confirm your dates, and plan around school breaks and you will have a great time!!!

I had the feeling the man in the jewelry store would have went on and on about the kids antics--I chose to leave---my DD made a Cancun trip once, and she was not arrested, nor did she appear in any Jerry Springer Girls Gone Wild Videos she said! LOL

Have fun! I think you are right on the money with your decision on the breast lift/implant decision. Seems like adding the implant, just gives you something else to worry about---without them, the surgery gets done, and you are done....

Sounds like you girls are healing---that is wonderful!

My Dad has to have the other side of his carotid surgery done the first of January. Hope this side goes as well as the first one did.

My stitches are out, and the incision is not as bad as I worried about, still not pretty, but I can deal!

I have 2 things to buy---that have to be bought, then I am technically done with my Christmas shopping. I plan to do that today. Then between now and Christmas, I can pick up fun sale things for kids or grandkids.

Now my decorating is not even started--BUT the totes are all in the garage, and are ready when I am!

I have my cards, but have not addressed a one!

Same with the tree, it is ready--just not up! I have to have Rick to help with it. We discarded the stand many years ago, and have an antique sled we bought, that the back board was broke---so we got it for seriously nothing! And we turned it into a stand for our tree. I hate the way a tree looks with nothing under it, this way it is always pretty! I love it!

Today I Hope to finish the shopping, going to lunch with my hubby, and granddaughter. Tomorrow is her birthday party. They are having her party at the local Teddy Connection ( a build a bear place). But Sunday-----Rick works---Kinsey is not here--------I WILL be decorated and done by Sunday night!! That is my goal!

Let me know if there are any changes in our address list---and any of you new girls want in on our Christmas Card exchange, we need addresses!! I think on the list the email is listed, and I remember Cindy changing hers--any other changes???

Will be checking in soon!

(((huigs)))

Kat

I'm attempting to go between Christmas and New Years, I'm getting ready to check out the airlines and look for "deals", LOL, yeah, deals on that week, I'll be lucky to get air.

We did Disney one year during Christmas/New Years, it was awful, so packed my kids who were 12 & 16 at the time said, can we leave now!

Later girlies!

ok i just read on another thread that during the liquid stage you should not drink orange juice. does anyone know the reason?? im not in the liquid stage anymore BUT for a week and a half i had a small carton of orange juice a day i was addicted

Hi pals!

Well, Pat...if $$ is no object, I recommend the Cancun Ritz Carlton! You won't run into any college or high school kiddoes, there! I was lucky enough to get to stay there with a travel agent friend who was doing an advance trip for Reba McEntire years ago...or I would never have been able to go there on my own! It is beautiful! I've stayed at a couple of other places, all-inclusive...one was nice, and one was okay. I am sorry I can't remember the names. Start browsing online and see what you think.

Hi Anne! It's been so long, but it's great when I see you have checked in! Sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope she gets better fast!

Diane and Jessica, both of you are doing great with your new bands, and making good choices, it sounds like!

We are starting the decorating process...lights are partially up on the house. We bought a nativity scene this year. We'll work on the tree this weekend, also. With all the activities that are squeezed into the weekends, it looks like we are going to have to start on the decorating around Halloween from now on, just to have time to do it!

Jessica, on the orange juice...it may be that juice is high in calories and low in nutritive value??? Or maybe just that it is acidic. I'm not sure. I do drink it from time to time. Anyone else have an idea?

Betty, I have not used the mixer yet! I was subbing for the past three days, so no time! Hopefully, this weekend, I'll get to take it for a spin!

Kat, good luck making you goal of being done by Sunday! I don't think I will be finished by then.

Hopefully, I won't be gone so many days. I start the new job this Monday. I am excited to see what it's really going to be like.

Hugs to everyone!

Cindy

I never got the memo on the orange juice Jetti, I drink it almost every day, without problems.

Cindy, I'll check out the Ritz and the $$$, thanks for the feedback!

WHEW i was a little worried about the OJ i thought maybe it would do something to my band!!!

have fun planning your trip Pat...I am going to DR in july and I cant wait to hit the beach. I have always wanted to go to Cancun but I have always been put off by all the high school and college kids that go there. I like to have a good time but I am not a drinker or a hardcore partier so that scene is not my cup of tea. I hope you find a great place at a great price!