Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for a May 10th surgery buddy

Have to be there at 5:50AM and surgery scheduled for 7:45AM. Good luck to all my surgery twins out there!!!! Good luck!!!!

All you May10thers kick back, relax and try to get some sleep, it's going to be a BIG DAY TOMORROW!😛👍

Here we go guys! Try to sleep and I’ll post when I can! Arrival at 9 and surgery scheduled for noon!

HW: 311
CW: 257
SW: We’ll see on May 10!
First goal weight: 191 lbs
Second goal weight: 159 lbs
Goal weight: 142 lbs

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

Today is the day!! I go in at 5:30am and my surgery is at 7:30am. I'm the first patient. Yay exicted and nerves.

Waiting to go in and nervous as hell. My stomach is in nots. Not scared of the surgery or after looking forward to the positive changes. Just scared I won’t wake up and I have so much to live for.

How is everyone feeling. I’m actually pleasantly surprised I feel so good. Have been up ever hour peeing, walking. Drink my my Water every 15mins. So far so good. All the nerves I had earlier were not worth it.

How is everyone feeling. I’m actually pleasantly surprised I feel so good. Have been up ever hour peeing, walking. Drink my my Water every 15mins. So far so good. All the nerves I had earlier were not worth it.

I’m ok. VERY painful gas here, but no nausea. I’m working to keep liquids down, no vomiting, but it feels like everything gets caught in my throat and the gas pain in my chest increases.
I have not had 4 instead of the usual 5 incisions in my tummy which is nice but also means he put a bunch more gas in there to be able to see.
Walking the halls, taking a bite of Jello or sip of Water and walking again. I am SOOOO tired, but I can’t lay down without turning into a giant painful ball of gas[emoji37] So it more walking for me!

CW: 255
SW: 255

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

I’m sore & the gas pains are the worst.
I’ve managed to get down 3 cups of water/crystal light since 2pm.

I’ve gotten up twice to walk my laps on the unit. 5 laps each time

They’re keeping an eye on my heart rate as my resting heart rate is a bit high 115-120’s

HW: 289

SW: 270

First Goal weight: 175

Second gold weight: 145

I hope everyone is doing well. I'm in pain but its not gas pain. Only sucking on lil ice chips. Nausea meds are helping. I have 6 incisions . too much pain to walk. Hopefully tomorrow is better for us all. Goodnight[emoji173]

I’m ok. VERY painful gas here, but no nausea. I’m working to keep liquids down, no vomiting, but it feels like everything gets caught in my throat and the gas pain in my chest increases.
I have not had 4 instead of the usual 5 incisions in my tummy which is nice but also means he put a bunch more gas in there to be able to see.
Walking the halls, taking a bite of Jello or sip of Water and walking again. I am SOOOO tired, but I can’t lay down without turning into a giant painful ball of gas So it more walking for me!

5’6” 34 yo female in NC

The rooms here have a lazy hot in then. That and the asking are a huge plus for me so your not flat

I woke up in recovery with crazy gas pain. Kept begging for something and the nurse said she gave me all that she could in recovery. Once I made it to my room I tried to lie in bed but the pain was too much. They got me into a chair/lounger that sits up straight and that has been heaven for me. I slept for a couple of hours in the bed tonight but started feeling that painful gas again so I’m back in my chair. I’ve been able to walk around with no problem. It seems like when I do feel pain it’s only from gas. I’m only allowed ice chips for now and will complete a swallow test in the morning before they start me on liquids. The Dr. ended up fixing a hiatal hernia during surgery. I was surprised because I never had any symptoms.

HW: 321
CW: 276
GW: 180
Sleeve scheduled: 5/10/18

I’m sore & the gas pains are the worst.
I’ve managed to get down 3 cups of water/crystal light since 2pm.

I’ve gotten up twice to walk my laps on the unit. 5 laps each time

They’re keeping an eye on my heart rate as my resting heart rate is a bit high 115-120’s

HW: 289

SW: 270

First Goal weight: 175

Second gold weight: 145

Like 3 full cups (8oz) or the little medical cups? If you’ve gotten 24 oz of Fluid in so far you’re my friggin hero!
I FINALLY managed to walk off all the c02 gas around my stomach, so no more shoulder pains and stuff, but boy did I have A LOT of actual gas in my new tiny tummy! So I was laying in bed here for good hour massaging around the sutures to push the gas up and out. Went pee and felt better so I decided to lay on my tummy in bed. After a couple burps and farts, [emoji23] I’m feeling pretty good. Just had another oz of Water.< br> The only thing really hurting now is my lower back, and that from a previous injury that I typically take muscle relaxers for. I think once I get home I’m hopefully 12 hours, and I’m able to take one of those I’ll be fine. Here’s hoping anyway since we don’t get pain meds sent with us when we leave! All that’s a wee bit sore in the front is the largest of the 4 sutures where they did most of the work and pulled the old tummy out of.
I hope everyone else is getting better as the night progresses! Please let me know how you’re all doing because lord knows I’ll be on here talking about EVERYTHING since I can’t seem to sleep.< br>

5’6” 34 yo female in NC