Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks post sleeve

I am eating roughly 1100 calories a day. Is this normal I feel as if I have stretched my stomach already. I Followed the diet, and started eating soft solids, but I feel that I can eat too much comfortably. I have not experienced any issues like most others. I don’t have to eat slowly as I am able to eat fast with no problems.

i can eat a 5 oz yogurt in one setting in probably 5 minutes.

I have lost 12 lbs in 3 weeks. I believe that i will be the exception. I’m terrified right now I think I am eating too much.

anyone have this problem or am I the only 1?

I am 5 months post-op and am struggling to get over 800 calories a day.. nutrirtionist told me I should be consuming 1100-1200 calories a day.. I can eat a 5oz yogurt in one sitting too but it takes me 25 min or so to eat it.. once I’m too full I get hiccups. I would just try to eat slower if I were you. There are times I feel like my stomach can hold more too but I definitely don’t over indulge like I used to!

I had surgery same day as you. I'm still on pureed food and looking forward to soft foods. I've made an attempt at advancing with tuna salad today for lunch, but could only get in about 3 small bites before feeling full. Even with the pureed consistency, I consider myself fortunate to be able to get 4 ounces in at one setting. I eat slow and take breaks between bites because if I get overzealous, my tummy reminds me that I'm eating too much or too fast. Even a drink of Water that is larger than a sip goes down really slowly.

I tracked my calories for yesterday and I'm only getting in about 500 calories. I'm not sure how I'd get in 1000 at this point without resorting to full sugar items. I actually had some full sugar pudding about an hour after the tuna and the sugar rush made me feel sick. Lesson learned on that...get rid of all full sugar items from my pantry.

I doubt you stretched anything this early out. Maybe I just have lingering post operative swelling?

I was sleeved 4/10 and I'm on soft/pureed there's no way i could put down 5oz much less in 5 min. Today i had 1 egg for Breakfast, a slice of deli Turkey and a small piece of cheese for lunch, and 2tbsp of yogurt for snack. i can get down 2tbsp of food as long as i take small bites and go slow. I would slow down on the intake 3weeks out your stomach is still healing i would be afraid of eating to much and creating a leak.

Thanks everyone for the insite.

My 1100 calories does include my 2 Protein Shakes a day. However, I am still feeling a lot normal. I started soft meats and get full very fast. As for liquids, I can swallow big gulps, but it does take about 3 hours to finish a 16 oz bottle if I drink consistently.

I ate with my colleagues and finally realized how slow I eat so it may have been my exaggeration of how fast I eat. I think I am so worried that my sleeve will not work to it is haunting me lol.

Thanks again everyone and best of luck on your new journey.

15lbs down so far