Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op snack suggestions!?

Hi fam, any snack suggestions y’all have that’s low in fat, carbs and sugar? Oh and if you suggest anything dairy is it lactose intolerant friendly?

sf popsicles did it for me.

Depends how far out you are. After a couple of months I’ve found Jerky to be really good, it’s very high Protein and filling. I wouldn’t try it early on though because it’s tough and very dry so you need to be well hydrated. I personally used a lot of dairy, but some non dairy ideas: SF Jello, almonds, egg, slice of deli meat rolled up, Sf pop or repeat a meal.

9 hours ago, Losebig said:

Depends how far out you are. After a couple of months I’ve found Jerky to be really good, it’s very high Protein and filling. I wouldn’t try it early on though because it’s tough and very dry so you need to be well hydrated. I personally used a lot of dairy, but some non dairy ideas: SF Jello, almonds, egg, slice of deli meat rolled up, Sf pop or repeat a meal.

I agree with @Losebig. At first there really were no "post op snacks" cuz every eating event needed to be a mini meal to get my Protein in for the day. And now, I have 3 meals + 3 organized snack meals (mini meals)--so I still don't snack outside those areas. It means I eat about every 3 to 3 1/2 hours. My 3 main meals are not big--still under 200 cals per meal.

cheese sticks... but for non-dairy I will have a small piece of ham/turkey or a hard boiled egg. Another very common "snack" for me is a Decaf latte. I make them myself with 1% milk but you could use a non-dairy alternative. That occupies me a lot longer than a few bites of food and Hot Drinks sit very well on my stomach. Plus, it adds to my Fluid and Protein goals.

I’m at 6 1/2 weeks and tried Jerky yesterday, great 10 Protein snack! I did fine, really chewed. It’s only 1oz. per portion.

I have really been enjoying shrimp. I keep a bag of cooked shrimp frozen and take out 3 for a 11 protein snack or 6 for 22 protein dinner. I made my own sauce with low sugar ketchup and horseradish.