Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

House is clean, yard is mowed, activity area on the back lot is ready. We have horseshoe pits, volleyball pit, couple of tetherball poles etc. up on a hill we own that overlooks our yard. I have the gifts ready to go, cake is ordered and supposed to be picked up at noon. drinks are bought---it will be non alcoholic---lots of kids and tee totaler inlaws! As far as I can see, I am as ready as I am getting for tomorrows party.

It sounds all is ready! I hope that you all have so much fun at the party!

Slim, sorry no NSV for you. I say try the booze. Maybe it's what your metabolism needs.:scared2:

:lol::lol:I must not have drank enough. I need to try again.:thumbup:

Cont'd: Lulu, is lobster a clear liquid? Yum. Enjoy.

Kat - Hi!

Kristen, whoooo hoo on the 14s. WTG! :)

Heartfire, howdy!

PJTP: liquid diet is going okay. I'm really not hungry. I just spent the whole day cooking. Made German potato salad, slaw, baked Beans, and crab rangoon dip. All for tomorrow's party. I tasted as I cooked but mostly just the sauce parts. I didn't eat any! Tomorrow is gonna be rough. I'll just gaze longingly at the fruit for the chocolate fountain. When it's cake time, I'm picking up my camera and keeping busy. Sniffing the air in my house today was torture. Onions fried in bacon fat?!? Oh, save me from my fat self!! At least tomorrow I can wander outside. I still think wine is a clear liquid though :wub:. How the heck will I do this party with the family cold sober?????:cursing:

Hope you all have a great weekend!

TPG

You can do it! Keep moving around so that aren't tempted to eat.

PJTP...taking a break from homework, and look where I end up!

Love reading all the updates from everyone, seeing familiar names popping up.

Much love, good wishes, good health and tons of weight loss for those of us who want it, easy maintenance for those of us at or near goal.

Had to go shopping again today - had to try on some more 14's to see if I wasn't imagining things. Yep, they do fit - although jeans are tough because of my thighs. That's the first time in like FOREVER that I've had trouble fitting into something because of my thighs - it used to be my tummy that kept me out of stuff.

I'm happy about it - I don't mind wearing a 16 for a while, and when I get ready, the 14's will be there...I am just happy to be out of the 20's in my clothing sizes!

Loving my banded life right now - except that I'm stuck on a plateau, so I've gotta tighten up the nutrition and eating again - I must be doing something not-quite-right. I'm stuck at 5 pounds above Onederland and I wanna be there really, really BAD!:cursing:

Gotta try to be patient and not stress myself out...that is definately bad for my band! Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend! :wub:

You can do it Ebony. You will be in Onderland before you know it! I think with all of the exercise that you have been doing that you are losing a lot of inches. Don't worry about that stinkin' scale. You are doing an awesome job on your weightloss!

* kat - sounds like a lovely party; i'm so competitive i want to get DH out on in our horseshoe pit right now!!! enjoy!!!

* ebony - there will be a big cyber party when you get to onederland!!!!

* ktork, raised in NYC - you were taught to root against the cowboys NO MATTER WHAT. been in TX too long - so i'll be a fan except when they play the giants ..*****waits for ceradad's comment*****

* so DH has work to do on a SAT night - so unlike him, so i'm cooking playing, TPG don't look @ dinner pic:

post-225434-13813138645965_thumb.jpg

OMG! Wahhhhhhh! I want lobster!!! **getting on plane to TX right now** Lulu, that looks amazing - just like on FN.

Yep, my veggie broth sure is filling. :thumbup:

Note to self: Stop licking computer screen. Dust is NOT on pre-op diet

Yay on the size 14s!!! That is great! I'm glad that you aren't too sore. Have fun at the wedding.

Everyone is having NSVs and scale victories. I want one too! ***stomping my foot and pouting***

Thanks Slim! Wedding was really simple and nice. I only cried once. Her younger sister was killed in auto collision last year and she had flowers placed on a stand in honor of her as the maid of honor. It was a lovely tribute to her sister, but did not take away from her day!

House is clean, yard is mowed, activity area on the back lot is ready.

Sounds like you are ready!

g4e---I am a bit confused. Are they looking at your thyroid gland or the para thyroids? I ask because you said if the biopsy done in the OR was positive for cancer cells they would remove the other thyroid.....

Are they going to attempt to leave one lobe of the thyroid or are you dealing with para thyroid problems?

Kat, you are a great resource!

Cont'd: Lulu, is lobster a clear liquid? Yum. Enjoy.

You could blend it and hope it comes out clear!:scared2:

Kristen, whoooo hoo on the 14s. WTG! :thumbup:

I was pretty excited

PJTP: liquid diet is going okay. I'm really not hungry. I just spent the whole day cooking. Made German potato salad, slaw, baked Beans, and crab rangoon dip. All for tomorrow's party. I tasted as I cooked but mostly just the sauce parts. I didn't eat any! Tomorrow is gonna be rough. I'll just gaze longingly at the fruit for the chocolate fountain. When it's cake time, I'm picking up my camera and keeping busy. Sniffing the air in my house today was torture. Onions fried in bacon fat?!? Oh, save me from my fat self!! At least tomorrow I can wander outside. I still think wine is a clear liquid though :lol:. How the heck will I do this party with the family cold sober?????:)

Sounds like you did well with cooking today. The food part will be easy tomorrow. No drink, could make the family part a little more difficult! Keep busy and you will do fine!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

TPG

PJTP...taking a break from homework, and look where I end up!

Sounds like me!

Had to go shopping again today - had to try on some more 14's to see if I wasn't imagining things. Yep, they do fit - although jeans are tough because of my thighs. That's the first time in like FOREVER that I've had trouble fitting into something because of my thighs - it used to be my tummy that kept me out of stuff.

I just grabbed 14s today, because that was the biggest size left and the pants were 1/2 off and cute. They ended up fitting perfectly! I couldn't believe it. Isn't it nice when you go down a size:cool2:

Loving my banded life right now - except that I'm stuck on a plateau, so I've gotta tighten up the nutrition and eating again - I must be doing something not-quite-right. I'm stuck at 5 pounds above Onederland and I wanna be there really, really BAD!:cursing:

Lu gave me the best advice - mix it up. Change the exercise, change the calories and don't always do the same thing! It helped start nudging the scale down again.

Gotta try to be patient and not stress myself out...that is definately bad for my band! Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the weekend! :wub:

Hang in there, this plateau will pass!

:cursing::thumbup:

* ktork, raised in NYC - you were taught to root against the cowboys NO MATTER WHAT. been in TX too long - so i'll be a fan except when they play the giants ..*****waits for ceradad's comment*****

DH is a diehard Bears fan. It is funny how loyal some of these guys are!!! He is probably more of a Cubs fan than anything. Every year I hear the same montra "This is the year". My reply, "Talk to me in October".

* so DH has work to do on a SAT night - so unlike him, so i'm cooking playing, TPG don't look @ dinner pic:

Dinner looks amazing!!!![/QUOTE]

PJTP: I am going to try another 5 mile run in the morning! Wish me luck! Hope everybody has a great weekend!

OMG! Wahhhhhhh! I want lobster!!! **getting on plane to TX right now** Lulu, that looks amazing - just like on FN.

She said don't look at the picture! I am pretty sure dust would be considered a solid!

* kat - sounds like a lovely party; i'm so competitive i want to get DH out on in our horseshoe pit right now!!! enjoy!!!

OMG!! That food looks so good!

ROFLMAO!:)

Thanks Slim! Wedding was really simple and nice. I only cried once. Her younger sister was killed in auto collision last year and she had flowers placed on a stand in honor of her as the maid of honor. It was a lovely tribute to her sister, but did not take away from her day!

How sweet. That almost made me cry just reading it.

PJTP: I am going to try another 5 mile run in the morning! Wish me luck! Hope everybody has a great weekend!

I hope you have an awesome run!

She said don't look at the picture! I am pretty sure dust would be considered a solid!

:cursing::lol:

Oh wow!! Recipe please!!!!!!!

Let's be real now - so how do I find mr right and screen the in laws without seeming too picky?!

Ok let's be honest - how do I just find mr right - screw the in laws!

When you figure/find out, PLEASE let me know!!!

Glou--lol....I just don't want mine getting contacted by old hs girl friends. I guess I am just too insecure!

I'm not married but I don't get being worried about HS gf's. One of my gf's from college is worried about the same thing. I keep thinking, "you've been married 15+ years; who cares about HS people?!?" But I don't keep up with anyone from HS so there's that!

I seem to always have multi pages going at once so I can Facebook, farmville, farm town and LBT! I will be so sad when school starts and I can't play on the computer whenever I want!!!

Guess getting paid is kind of important!

With you there! I fb, ft, fv, mafia wars but have trouble keeping up with LBT. I just don't feel as tied to folks here as I did. I'll let Slim represent the SNT's!

Okay, um, from work I couldn't really see this. I got the idea, but I hadn't seen them. OMFG.

Wow. You MUST figure out how to grow them, package and sell!

I had to quote it again because it deserved a bump.

Those damn mushrooms were HYSTERICAL!!! KC definitely needs to play around in the kitchen to figure out a way to treat them to sell! :thumbup:

I have thought about inviting her to the wedding, then though F it.

Again not married but who wants her negative yuk energy on your special day? My opinion is to forget the revenge crap and just be happyyyyyyy!!! (OK I've worked too much b/c I typed "revenue" first instead of "revenge"! GAH!)

Yea, we're not one of THOSE threads! LOL!!

Hmm, it has been...

I got a depo shot last week and wow I'm so angry/annoyed with everything and everyone ..my husband has been bobbing and weaving all week..

HUSBAND?!?!?!? OK I seriously missed that one! Belated Congrats! When did you get married?

KC~ Good luck with the root canal - not fun! DD goes in to get her wisdom teeth removed on Sept 3, she is not very happy!

Having my wisdom teeth out hurt a lot more than my root canal did. I was lucky to be one of the folks that didn't have a rough root canal. My advice for the wisdom teeth day is to head straight to the pharmacy for the pain meds! I got mine in a neighboring town so my mom wanted to just get me home. She waited for a couple hours and I was miserable!! That and wake her up on schedule for more meds. (but don't tell her what I said!)

Back in the 70's, my brother fell in love with the Cowboys (or the Cowgirls as my dad calls them.) So being contrary, I always rooted for the Steelers. Ironically my bro ended up living in Pittsburgh for 5+ years before moving to Sydney!

Fanny - you look great! So happy for you! Reminds me yet again how I need to step awayyyy from the f'n ice cream!

Ebony/Slim/Irene - love hair convos! A black lady at work went natural and I swear, she has THE thickest hair; it's awesome! She does the co-washes (don't remember how often she uses shampoos) but she was telling me about all the leave-in she uses in the mornings. She probably goes through 20x the leave-in conditioner than I use in Shampoo daily!

I have a lot of fine, dark brown hair that's prob 4-6" past my shoulders and layered. I get compliments on it but man it's hot. When Lulu and I meet eventually, we'll have to compare wavy. I have just enough wave for it to be annoying but not pretty. So I have to wash it every day (as I am oily complected), dry it, and curl it for it too look decent. Too time consuming but hey, I'm vain!

Happy Sunday all!

~Hi SNT!!! Long time, no see! I miss you when you're gone!!

~Kristen, glad you're not too sore today. Have fun on your run in the AM! Congrats on the 14s!!

~Lu, dinner looked fantastic!

~TPG, you CAN do this!!!

~Slim, I think you should go for it w/your hair! I understand the difficulty of it but I still think you should figure out how to make it happen, or start working towards it.

~Steelers fans here!

~DH is back at his station! WhooHoo!! He has relief coming in tomorrow for him so he SHOULD be off at 8AM! I say SHOULD b/c it IS fire season and anything can happen overnight or early AM. Not guaranteed til he's in my truck and we're driving away from the station! I say my truck b/c his truck is at another station right now. DD and I have to pick him up in the AM. We'll go pick his truck up later.

We went and saw him after dinner tonight. DD was SO happy! It was great! When we had to leave, she started to get teary. She was afraid that she wouldn't see him again. It's so hard on the little ones! When she's a teenager and he's retired tho, she's gonna be hatin' life! LOL!!!!

Off to bed soon! 'Night all!

Heartfire,

Fingers are crossed that your DH gets to come home tomorrow. (No more fires!) I'm sure you and DD will be thrilled!

Take care,

TPG

With you there! I fb, ft, fv, mafia wars but have trouble keeping up with LBT. I just don't feel as tied to folks here as I did. I'll let Slim represent the SNT's!

But you have to represent too! You have to come back more often. We miss you when you are gone!

Those damn mushrooms were HYSTERICAL!!! KC definitely needs to play around in the kitchen to figure out a way to treat them to sell! :thumbup:

They are too funny!

Again not married but who wants her negative yuk energy on your special day? My opinion is to forget the revenge crap and just be happyyyyyyy!!! (OK I've worked too much b/c I typed "revenue" first instead of "revenge"! GAH!)

Hmm, it has been...

HUSBAND?!?!?!? OK I seriously missed that one! Belated Congrats! When did you get married?

Having my wisdom teeth out hurt a lot more than my root canal did. I was lucky to be one of the folks that didn't have a rough root canal. My advice for the wisdom teeth day is to head straight to the pharmacy for the pain meds! I got mine in a neighboring town so my mom wanted to just get me home. She waited for a couple hours and I was miserable!! That and wake her up on schedule for more meds. (but don't tell her what I said!)

I had all of my wisdom teeth done at once. DH took me (we weren't married then). Thankfully the dentist told him to stop and get my meds before we left. I tried to stay on top of that medicine. That helped a lot.

Back in the 70's, my brother fell in love with the Cowboys (or the Cowgirls as my dad calls them.) So being contrary, I always rooted for the Steelers. Ironically my bro ended up living in Pittsburgh for 5+ years before moving to Sydney!

Fanny - you look great! So happy for you! Reminds me yet again how I need to step awayyyy from the f'n ice cream!

Ebony/Slim/Irene - love hair convos! A black lady at work went natural and I swear, she has THE thickest hair; it's awesome! She does the co-washes (don't remember how often she uses shampoos) but she was telling me about all the leave-in she uses in the mornings. She probably goes through 20x the leave-in conditioner than I use in Shampoo daily!

I have a lot of fine, dark brown hair that's prob 4-6" past my shoulders and layered. I get compliments on it but man it's hot. When Lulu and I meet eventually, we'll have to compare wavy. I have just enough wave for it to be annoying but not pretty. So I have to wash it every day (as I am oily complected), dry it, and curl it for it too look decent. Too time consuming but hey, I'm vain!

Happy Sunday all!

You know, you really should come around more. I don't fb, so I really miss all of you when you only fb.

~Hi SNT!!! Long time, no see! I miss you when you're gone!!

See, I'm not the only one that misses you!

~Kristen, glad you're not too sore today. Have fun on your run in the AM! Congrats on the 14s!!

~Lu, dinner looked fantastic!

~TPG, you CAN do this!!!

~Slim, I think you should go for it w/your hair! I understand the difficulty of it but I still think you should figure out how to make it happen, or start working towards it.

I am seriously considering it. I really want to try it at least once.

~Steelers fans here!

~DH is back at his station! WhooHoo!! He has relief coming in tomorrow for him so he SHOULD be off at 8AM! I say SHOULD b/c it IS fire season and anything can happen overnight or early AM. Not guaranteed til he's in my truck and we're driving away from the station! I say my truck b/c his truck is at another station right now. DD and I have to pick him up in the AM. We'll go pick his truck up later.

We went and saw him after dinner tonight. DD was SO happy! It was great! When we had to leave, she started to get teary. She was afraid that she wouldn't see him again. It's so hard on the little ones! When she's a teenager and he's retired tho, she's gonna be hatin' life! LOL!!!!

Off to bed soon! 'Night all!

That is so awesome about your DH! I know your DD was excited to see her papa!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday, and that you have an awesome Sunday!

Heartfire,

Fingers are crossed that your DH gets to come home tomorrow. (No more fires!) I'm sure you and DD will be thrilled!

Take care,

TPG

Good luck at the party today TPG!

Oh wow!! Recipe please!!!!!!!

REAL easy fanny, brush the tails w/olive oil - salt/peper.....grill each side 4 minutes.

i just made a garlic butter , cut some lemon wedges & fresh chives.

*ktork, that's a sweet story about the bride & remembering her sister~

*enjoy your party TPG!

*slim i had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled last summer - worst experience as i got dry socket in the 2 bottom ones...liquid lortab was my BF!!

re- facebook; brandy created an alias to sign on at first - you don't have to use your real name, and those who you don't want to "find" ya - can't. just a thought

*need to get to the gym, rather that then clean the kitchen or do laundry...:rolleyes: happy sunday!!!