Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

my sports bra of choice is the enell.

ain't nothing shaking or moving the girls once that puppy is strapped on....it's gladiator like.

i had to go this route because duct tape hurt upon removal.....

fingers crossed i get a fill tomorrow - i can EAT for days; but have learned to push the plate away, what i want to do is push DH cause he's full after 5 bites...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Edited by luluc

PJTP...ya'll have been busy!

Just here for a couple of minutes while I cook dinner - broiling chicken breast for chicken caesar salads...light but filling and healthy for all concerned.

Yum, we are having BBQ chicken for dinner.

My DD is looking into the band - we're going to a nearby support group meeting the third week of September. She's seeing my results and wants them for herself. Now we just gotta convince DH that it'll be okay...he's against it for her right now.

That is great that she is looking at getting healthy. How old is she?

Slim - take it slow on FB...you can always PM us your username so we can 'friend' ya. Like you, I dislike sports bras - they give me a 'uniboob' - no separation whatsoever. I feel like a solid lump when I wear one. Haven't found a really good one for full-figured gals yet.

I too hate the uniboob!

BBK - Hope Faith is feeling better - prayers for her full recovery. I went through a bad time with my teeth several years ago - dull, aching pain I couldn't get away from...arrgggh!

SicknTired - glad you came to visit us! Like others said - we miss ya! :glare:

krtork - good going on the run! I extend my distance tomorrow morning. Gonna see if I can run my entire course without a stop, then the week after I'll extend my distance again...woo hoo!:rolleyes:

You are doing so great with your running! Keep up the good work.

TPG - you cracked me up with the dust off the computer thing...thanks for the giggles. I remember my pre-surgery diet - not all liquids, but I still felt like I wanted to bite everything that went past my nose. Remembering how much I wanted this helped...you're gonna be so happy once you're in bandland!:unsure:

Heartfire - hope DH gets to come home really soon. I know my DD missed her dad when he was on deployments...when we'd go to the store she'd grab random guys in working blues (denim pants, blue shirt - Navy issue) and say "Da?" then get confused and upset when it wasn't her daddy. Took me a while to convince her they weren't all "Daddy". Made for some funny episodes in the grocery store though, when the poor guy's wife gave him the hairy eyeball...:tt2:

That is sad, but funny!:scared2::lol:

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday evening!:wub:

Forgot the 10 character rule!!!

PJTP...ya'll have been busy!

Just here for a couple of minutes while I cook dinner - broiling chicken breast for chicken caesar salads...light but filling and healthy for all concerned.

My DD is looking into the band - we're going to a nearby support group meeting the third week of September. She's seeing my results and wants them for herself. Now we just gotta convince DH that it'll be okay...he's against it for her right now.

I hope he comes around. I know we all probably wish we had done something sooner than we did.

Slim - take it slow on FB...you can always PM us your username so we can 'friend' ya. Like you, I dislike sports bras - they give me a 'uniboob' - no separation whatsoever. I feel like a solid lump when I wear one. Haven't found a really good one for full-figured gals yet.

I have a serious uniboob going on. I wasn't sure how to put it. It looks like I have two stomach rolls (the uniboob and the actual stomach). I am giving up on FB for tonight. I can't even find myself.

BBK - Hope Faith is feeling better - prayers for her full recovery. I went through a bad time with my teeth several years ago - dull, aching pain I couldn't get away from...arrgggh!

Mouth pain is just awful!

SicknTired - glad you came to visit us! Like others said - we miss ya! :scared2:

I agree!

krtork - good going on the run! I extend my distance tomorrow morning. Gonna see if I can run my entire course without a stop, then the week after I'll extend my distance again...woo hoo!:rolleyes:

TPG - you cracked me up with the dust off the computer thing...thanks for the giggles. I remember my pre-surgery diet - not all liquids, but I still felt like I wanted to bite everything that went past my nose. Remembering how much I wanted this helped...you're gonna be so happy once you're in bandland!:unsure:

I remember being a total beotch! Even the nasty canned chili that DH loves smelled like a gourmet meal to me at that point.:tt2: It was all worth it.:glare:

Heartfire - hope DH gets to come home really soon. I know my DD missed her dad when he was on deployments...when we'd go to the store she'd grab random guys in working blues (denim pants, blue shirt - Navy issue) and say "Da?" then get confused and upset when it wasn't her daddy. Took me a while to convince her they weren't all "Daddy". Made for some funny episodes in the grocery store though, when the poor guy's wife gave him the hairy eyeball...:wub:

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday evening!:wub:

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Slim~ you will be up and rolling in no time on FB! It will be great to see you there! You will have to start farming:thumbup:

It took me months to figure out this site, so I am not holding out much hope for me and FB.

DD has to have the valium, she has a huge fear of needles and I have had to tackle her in the doc office to get an IV in! Now remember that the girl is 6' tall and plays sports, she's no dainty flower. She was so nervous about being put under and having the IV she started tearing up and crying during the appt. So she gets a valium for the night before and 1 hour before she comes in.

Poor kid. I know that has to be tough. DS was that way, but now he feels he is too macho to show that fear. Of course, the tears in the eyes kind of ruin the macho look.

Teachers are back on the 31st and kids on the 8th. He may be envious, but he will be out earlier in the spring, when we are dying to get out the door!!

Sports bras are not meant to be flattering! Unfortunately the uniboob helps control the bounce. I would suggest that you go get a nice new bra!!! It is amazing what it can do for the girls!

I need to, but just haven't worked up the courage. I haven't shopped for myself at all. I bought a few pair of shorts at the begining of summer but refused to try the on in the store for fear I would cry. At least I know that I have the support for the girls if I actually try to run now. My old sports bras didn't hold me in this way at all.

BBK~ Sorry to hear about your DD, that is no fun when kids are sick. Try to get some rest! Hopefully she is feeling a bit better!

I can tell I am going to have to play with the FB for a while before I can do anything. I just tried to search for the name I created and it doesn't show up. I am not very up on the networking sites at all.

ain't nothing shaking or moving the girls once that puppy is strapped on....it's gladiator like.

fingers crossed i get a fill tomorrow - i can EAT for days; but have learned to push the plate away, what i want to do is push DH cause he's full after 5 bite...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Duct tape - oweee!

Good luck with the fill! That has to be frustrating watching him take 5 bites and be done!

Slim~ you should be able to log in and it will take you to your page. I will send you a PM on Facebook. I am not the most savvy, but once you get started it comes pretty easily!

I guess my real question is, how do I get my info on FB to you all without letting the people that I don't want contacting me on there know that I am on there.

Just don't respond to them if you don't want them to be your friends. My CEO sent me a friend request. I ignored the first one. Then he made a comment to me about ignoring him and sent me another one. So, I felt guilty, and need job security, so I accepted him. Then I went into the privacy settings. I changed it so he can't see any of my status updates, because that is where I do most of my fussing and he doesn't need to see those!

Oh, and add me. You can get to my fb by clicking on my link in my signature!

OK men, FYI, this is a TMI post.

PJTP-Why on earth should a sport bra make you look fatter?!?!?! Ok, so I bought new sports bras yesterday (not that I am actively doing any sports). I wear them most times because a) they are easier to deal with and :rolleyes: they control the floppy girls better for work than my other bras (I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I haven't bought new bras since weight loss). Ok, back to the story. I bought new bras yesterday. I can only assume this is how they are supposed to fit, but they squeeze the girls in to where they almost meet my belly! That is so not sexy!

I hate the uniboob issue! But, they are great for the gym and black eye prevention.

lol...it isn't so bad once you get the hang of it! :glare: Don't forget to friend me...

I am exhausted. Been at the ER all day with Faith. She is miserable. Tooth and chest infection. :unsure: I hate seeing my baby sick.

I am so sorry she is not well. I hope she recovers quickly!

I have to share something with you guys. I posted this on VST, and many of you I am friends with on FB, but I don't talk much there about my sleeve. So, I hope you don't mind that I copied and pasted my post there here.

I am still excited beyond all belief about this. I have been shopping at Lane Bryant or in the "woman's" section of clothing stores for twenty plus years now. We all know that in regular department stores, the selection for plus size clothing is very, very limited.

Yesterday I took my daughter back to school shopping. We went into Kohl's. All of my clothes are absolutely huge on me, and I really need some new clothes for work. I had already made plans to hit Lane Bryant later in the day. But, as long as we were already there, I begrudgingly made my way back to their teeny, tiny "woman's" department. As I made my way there, I was looking at all the really, really cute clothes along the way in the normal sizes sections and hoping that one day I will be able to wear those cute clothes.

So, I get to the Woman's section. I had to guess my size, because it had been a while since I clothes shopped. I got to the dressing room, and the clothes were too big. I couldn't believe it. So, I went the next size down, and then the next until I was at the smallest size they offered in the woman's section, and they were still too big!! I couldn't believe it.

So, I thought, dare I venture into the regular people's section where all the really cute clothes are. I thought, no, I am just going to be out of luck because there is no way nothing there will fit me. But, I decided what the heck, it wouldn't be the first time in my life I was disappointed so I may as well give it a try. I grabbed several items that I thought were incredibly cute and made my way back to the dressing rooms. You won't believe what happened... THEY FIT!! I was so excited and happy you wouldn't believe it. It was crazy, but a whole wave of emotions came over me and I sat down on the bench in the fitting room and started crying. Then, I had to run and find my daughter and share the exciting news with her. I had to call my husband and my mom, she called her brother.

I have to say, this is the best NSV I have ever experienced. And, today, just to see if it worked in other stores, I tried clothes on at Dillards and Coldwater Creek, and I was able to fit in regular sizes there too!

I am so blessed to have been given this wonderful opportunity to be sleeved. It is truly the best thing to ever have happened to me!

Congrats on the NSV, Susan!! I think that moment when you finally fit into "normal" clothes off the rack in "normal" stores, is the very best one of all. It is a feeling like no other...so many different emotions.

fingers crossed i get a fill tomorrow - i can EAT for days; but have learned to push the plate away, what i want to do is push DH cause he's full after 5 bites...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Good luck on the fill! I know that has to be a bad feeling. I will have to look for enell sports bras. As if I am going to be doing any sports related activities.:rolleyes: I don't think duct tape is in my future. I can see skin and all other types of things coming off with it.

Duct tape - oweee!

Good luck with the fill! That has to be frustrating watching him take 5 bites and be done!

I can't imagine taking 5 bites and being full.

Just don't respond to them if you don't want them to be your friends. My CEO sent me a friend request. I ignored the first one. Then he made a comment to me about ignoring him and sent me another one. So, I felt guilty, and need job security, so I accepted him. Then I went into the privacy settings. I changed it so he can't see any of my status updates, because that is where I do most of my fussing and he doesn't need to see those!

Oh, and add me. You can get to my fb by clicking on my link in my signature!

Request coming your way.

I hate the uniboob issue! But, they are great for the gym and black eye prevention.

:unsure::lol:Black eye prevention.

I am so sorry she is not well. I hope she recovers quickly!

I have to share something with you guys. I posted this on VST, and many of you I am friends with on FB, but I don't talk much there about my sleeve. So, I hope you don't mind that I copied and pasted my post there here.

I am still excited beyond all belief about this. I have been shopping at Lane Bryant or in the "woman's" section of clothing stores for twenty plus years now. We all know that in regular department stores, the selection for plus size clothing is very, very limited.

Yesterday I took my daughter back to school shopping. We went into Kohl's. All of my clothes are absolutely huge on me, and I really need some new clothes for work. I had already made plans to hit Lane Bryant later in the day. But, as long as we were already there, I begrudgingly made my way back to their teeny, tiny "woman's" department. As I made my way there, I was looking at all the really, really cute clothes along the way in the normal sizes sections and hoping that one day I will be able to wear those cute clothes.

So, I get to the Woman's section. I had to guess my size, because it had been a while since I clothes shopped. I got to the dressing room, and the clothes were too big. I couldn't believe it. So, I went the next size down, and then the next until I was at the smallest size they offered in the woman's section, and they were still too big!! I couldn't believe it.

So, I thought, dare I venture into the regular people's section where all the really cute clothes are. I thought, no, I am just going to be out of luck because there is no way nothing there will fit me. But, I decided what the heck, it wouldn't be the first time in my life I was disappointed so I may as well give it a try. I grabbed several items that I thought were incredibly cute and made my way back to the dressing rooms. You won't believe what happened... THEY FIT!! I was so excited and happy you wouldn't believe it. It was crazy, but a whole wave of emotions came over me and I sat down on the bench in the fitting room and started crying. Then, I had to run and find my daughter and share the exciting news with her. I had to call my husband and my mom, she called her brother.

I have to say, this is the best NSV I have ever experienced. And, today, just to see if it worked in other stores, I tried clothes on at Dillards and Coldwater Creek, and I was able to fit in regular sizes there too!

I am so blessed to have been given this wonderful opportunity to be sleeved. It is truly the best thing to ever have happened to me!

I cried for you just now. That is an awesome feeling. I cried the first time I tried on a size that didn't end in W.

Congrats on the NSV, Susan!! I think that moment when you finally fit into "normal" clothes off the rack in "normal" stores, is the very best one of all. It is a feeling like no other...so many different emotions.

It is so hard to not to be overcome with emotion.

My first pair of size 16 jeans, that buttoned and zipped with no elastic, reduced me to tears in the dressing room! My poor DH who was shopping with me, kept bringing me a smaller size and smaller size....I began with trying a 22---I thought that without the elastic that would be about right!!!

When he went below the 18, he had to ask for help---but he did, he handed them in, and I lost it, just looking at the 1 in the 16! I had not worn anything that did not start with a 2 in a long time!

I remember last year, doing the same thing with a size 8! A single digit! Then come the steroids, and such, and now I am back in double digits. But you know if I wore these 10's & 12's the rest of my life, it is ok. You can buy then anywhere, I feel good, and am not considered fat, anymore. What a concept that was, to not be thought of as fat anymore!

I actually had a woman I deal with through work, tell me I "didn't get it", that unless you have ever had a lot of weight to lose, it is hard to understand. We were discussing the calories in the donuts on the counter! I told her, I understood very well, that I had lost over 120 pounds---she was shocked into silence!

I think I expect people to KNOW I was that size, and it was such a boost to my heart for someone to see me as "normal" sized in that manner.

Weight messes with your mind in such strange ways!

Our baby shower went very well. DH's ex did not show up, her parents, and her sister, and niece and many other members of that family did tho, and DIL's family was well represented, as well as our own. Running numbers in my head, I am guessing at 38 people, well 38 adults, and 6 kids over 3, and 4 babies under a year!

Cake was good, we ended up with 6 pieces left is all! She got lots of goodies for Garrick, and lots of clothes. Most of the things she got were very practical. Which is good, she is short on space, so not a lot of frou-frou stuff, but things she can really use.

Kids stayed around and helped clean up, and I sat in the lawn swing holding the baby while they did it!!! LOL

Everyone have a good evening!!

I am glad that everything went well Kat. That is a lot of people. That sounds like my family get togethers.

Kat~ So glad that the party went well! That is a lot of family!! Wow.

Susan~ WTG! What a great NSV! From reading the other comments, I think that every one of us cried when we were able to fit into normal clothes. It is such a great feeling. Funny though how the brain does not keep up with the body image. I still feel funny going to the normal section for clothes - I love trying them on, but it is so strange!! Oh well, I am not complaining!

I actually had a woman I deal with through work, tell me I "didn't get it", that unless you have ever had a lot of weight to lose, it is hard to understand. We were discussing the calories in the donuts on the counter! I told her, I understood very well, that I had lost over 120 pounds---she was shocked into silence!

I think I expect people to KNOW I was that size, and it was such a boost to my heart for someone to see me as "normal" sized in that manner.

Weight messes with your mind in such strange ways!

I can relate to this really well at the moment. I'm in a new job where no-one has ever seen me before I lost the weight, and I'm finding it so weird that no-one knows me as "the fat girl" or even "the fat girl who lost a lot of weight". I've been so used to that for so long, it is just odd to see how people relate to me without that stigma being in the way at first. There is also a woman here, who is very large and seems pretty unhappy about it. A part of me wants to go up to her and have a quiet talk, but another part of me remembers how much that would have humiliated me if someone had said something like that when I was that size.

I can relate to this really well at the moment. I'm in a new job where no-one has ever seen me before I lost the weight, and I'm finding it so weird that no-one knows me as "the fat girl" or even "the fat girl who lost a lot of weight". I've been so used to that for so long, it is just odd to see how people relate to me without that stigma being in the way at first. There is also a woman here, who is very large and seems pretty unhappy about it. A part of me wants to go up to her and have a quiet talk, but another part of me remembers how much that would have humiliated me if someone had said something like that when I was that size.

I bet it is freeing to not be known as "the fat girl" or "the fat girl that lost a lot of weight". Kind of like starting over!

I hear ya on meeting people that are overweight and seem so unhappy. I just want to run up to them sometimes and tell them that there is help, there is hope and something that they can do to help get them on the road to being healthy! But how do you do that?! I would have felt humiliated also, so I don't dare follow through with my urge to share:blush:

NOTE: I am not responsible for typos, rambling, forgetting someone, making no sense at all, or licking the dust off computer screen! Blood sugar dropped to 50 :blink: earlier. Ugh. Okay, here goes:

Anyone with a NSV - whooo hoooo! Totally cool feeling.

I hope all of you with sick kids, bad teeth, etc. get better, get drugs, or get yanked. Whichever works for your situation!! :ohmy:

Okay, I survived the party and thanks for all the support on my pre-op. I'm not hungry. Weird. I passed up 2 freaking cakes, cupcakes, a chocolate fountain, potato salad and crab rangoon dip. It was a mighty battle and then I come here and find that I gotta figure out FB :blink:....eeek. Boy, kick a girl when she's down. I'll try FB but it'll take help please!! I'm computer stoooopid. Or maybe this is an evil plot to get away from me....:crying:

I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine was good, not really hungry, just worrying about blood sugar drops. I'm hanging on 'til Thurs. I've been really looking at all of your avis and reading your signatures. WTG, ladies! Your success inspires me and helps keep me from freaking out. Thanks for sharing!! Beth reminded me to look at the success stories and before and after pics. Wow, amazing. Ebony, saw you there, you go girl! Fanny, your dress pic was hot! I'll join you there soon. I'm committed to this or maybe I should be committed :crying:...and now I can't remember how to spell committed...forgive me...brain misses carbs :blush:. Geez, don't tell my mom - she'd be horrified (teacher)...

Ramble over. Goodnight all. See ya tomorrow and I'll give Fb a whirl...I think :biggrin:.

TPG

~Thanks y'all! We picked DH up from work this AM and he's HOME!!! Til Thursday. But he starts vacation the 30th so no chances he'll be gone like this until after he goes back to work on the 10th!

~TPG, I hope the party was a hit!

***I deleted my post. I need to get over it.

~Don't do that Slim. I don't know what it was about but it's okay, that's what we're here for!

I don't know that I'm ready for FB either, tho I'm tempted!

~Lu, I signed up on FB under my real name, can I change that? I didn't realize that's what I was doing til it was done and I freaked out and suspended my account. This was several months ago.

Glad you didn't flake out on your workout. That's so hard for me! Once I get going, I'm fine but I've gotta get going first! :blush:

Duct tape and/or bailing wire can fix ANYTHING!!!!

I sure hope you get a fill too! Let us know how it goes!

~Kristen, hope DD's surgery goes well.

Glad you didn't quit on the run! Probably did your body good to loosen up some too! Great job on the distance!

Did you get your to-do list done?

ROFL about him being home when she's a teenager. I already feel for her!

~Yeah, payback and all that! LOL!!! She's 3 and I think he can retire in about 10-12 yrs. Just. In. Time! :ohmy: :crying: :crying: Then maybe I'LL go find a full-time job and let HIM be the stay-at-home!! :biggrin:

~Brandy, I'm so sorry about Faith! I hope she gets well soon! It's so hard when our babies are sick! I hope you can get some rest soon too.

~Ebony, best wishes to DD and whatever she decides.

Your story about DD and men in uniform reminded me that DD has done something similar except they're all "Papa's friends!" One guy she did that too turned out to be in our area for some meeting and had actually worked with DH when DH worked on the coast! I always apologize and just tell them that DH works for CalFire. The guys usually get a kick out of it.

Great job on your running and best wishes with the distance extensions!

~Susan, I loved your story! Thanks for sharing. What a wonderful thing! Now, you're going to have to be careful! Pretty soon you'll run out of closet space!!!

~Kat, sounds like the shower went great! What a wonderful thing to be able to sit quietly holding the new baby while OTHERS cleaned up!

~I hear ya on wanting to tell people that there are options out there that can help with their weight but I also know that I would NOT have been receptive either. DH's SIL (I refuse to claim her if I don't have to!) really needs to lose weight, and A LOT of it. She's younger than I am and has dangerously high BP that isn't even controlled with meds. Every time I see her, she's gained more weight. She and BIL do NOT know that I've had surgery and part of me wants to share in order to hopefully help her but in all honesty, any type of WLS wouldn't work for her. Her brain isn't in it. Her health is already dangerously compromised and she does nothing about it. It'd be different if she was trying and just struggling like so many of us over the years. But nope. She's one who would expect to not have to change anything and count on the surgery to do all the work. Not gonna happen. It's really sad.

~Woke up to RAIN!! You hear that Tap? We had rain! It was great! Rained all day and quite a bit of it too. Temps go back up tomorrow so we'll be humid for awhile now but today was great!

~Made the chicken and Sausage Gumbo tonight with the okra. I can take or leave it. The gumbo was really good but the slime from chopping up the okra kinda got to me after awhile. DH didn't really notice it but I already have issues with texture and stuff. So by the end, I was kinda done with the okra! I thought it would cook itself into the gumbo or something. Nope. We have decided that we'll keep the recipe but if we don't have okra, not gonna buy it to put in so I'll have to come up with 10oz of some other veggie to use instead. Or maybe I'll just add shrimp to it instead of another veggie. I'll have to think about that one.

I'm tired. Off to bed. 'Night!