Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

wonderful susan!!! much congrats on the NSV!!!!!!!!!

* hope all is well KC!

* ebony - take care of the knee.....no reason to get a more serious injury not babying it some!

* michelle - okra is touchy ; try pickeling them??

ok i am a bit giddy....LOL:blushing:

* just had my barium - band is fine, no issues

* got a fill - 2ccs'

* i LOST weight w/barely any fill at all

i say this, cause if you ever pop in on the food thread i EAT A LOT!!! but those spinning classes paid off:)

* my surgeon was just overly complimentary to me in my shorts/tank/flip flops - said he can tell i'm serious and wanted to know what i eat. so i told him, he wants me to post a recp to his monthly flyer each mo. i asked if i can do it under an alias & he laughed. i was serious though., we'll see.

off my cloud & onto houseworks:(:crying:

That's all GREAT news, Lu! I vaguely remember hearing you got unfilled, but did it have to do with the sinus drainage issues you had a month or two back? Or were there band complications?? :ohmy:

I guess the :crying: is unnecessary since you've been told you have no complications.

And WOW, weight LOST with the unfill??? You are my newest hero. :biggrin:

Oh, I also ate like a slobbering pig while I was away. Won't EVEN get on a scale. I don't know what it is about vacations and becoming a brain-dead idiot where I'm concerned, but it gets old and makes me feel like a failure.

PJTP...Beth's back! Yay! :crying:

Yes, you heard right - had three interviews (one screening, two with muckity-mucks) for a new position. Hoping to hear something this week, but I'm not in the office today - severe stiff neck (cannot turn to look behind me, felt funny driving).

The prior situation with BB telling me to do one thing, and Mgr telling me another was never really discussed again - they just didn't say anything, which makes me think they'll probably blame me, but I DON'T CARE...I've got written evidence he told me to do it.

I'm so glad you're back...though I know you needed a vacation! Hope all goes flawlessly with your hubby's surgery - it must be scary for him. I hope it relieves his pain and then y'all can get back to living life.

Good wishes for school, too - I'm 4 weeks into my latest term and doing well. Had a bit of a hitch in one class, but I've conquered it and my grade is back up where it should be...

Prayers still going up for your DDad - hope all turns out good for him. :biggrin:

LuluC - thanks for the concern about my knee. When we moved into our former house (multi-story, built into a hill, LOTS of stairs to climb) I injured my left knee when we were carrying TONS of boxes to the new place. Until I lost weight with the band, I would NEVER have even thought to try and run anywhere. Now, doing the C25k program, I'm getting plenty of rest, so it's not really bothering me. I think I may be prone to arthritis, though, because humid days (barometric pressure?) make it ache a bit. Once I get going and warm up, it's fine. I even sprint at the end! :crying:

Took some ibuprofen for my stiff neck - it helps, but doesn't get rid of it totally. I think I need a new pillow on my bed. I sleep mostly on my side and back. When it's hot, on my back for better air flow. I think that's part of my problem...it's hard to find a pillow that's supportive in both directions.

Band is tight today for some unknown reason - haven't eaten much all day. It's okay, though - maybe it will help me hit Onederland by the end of the week! :ohmy:

You are my newest hero. :biggrin:

thank you beth!

my dr used the same words today "said i was his hero" and i got goose dimples. cause when i had to stand on the scale i told him i gained - and he said that would be normal .. but no i dropped 3lbs and i'm in PMS mode.

i went from 7.2ccs to 1.5 in a wks time - i had an infection in my ear that went to my chest and i had swollen up around my band from coughing too much.

ebony - i have ankylosing spondylitis - spinal arthritis.

pain is there; but i have found i have more issues when NOT active vs decent activity. arthritis is an issue that can't be cured only managed - my PCP suggests exercise; so i do it. don't want to be my mom who couldn't walk & chew gum at the same time - never active in her life, and is now held together w/pins due to RA.

Wow, Lulu, you have got to be feeling lighter than a feather in more ways than one! I thought it was some sort of infection but wasn't sure if I had missed something else.

So are they just going to have to re-fill you slowly as if you were starting over?

Though it's got to feel GREAT to be holding your own during this time!! I'm just so happy for you that I can't even tell ya... :biggrin:

Sounds like everyone had a fairly good weekend. Glad to hear it. Everyone in pain, I can relate. I spent way too much time on my feet yesterday and my back is killing me today. But then, it always hurts so nothing too new there.

Thanks to all who "friended" me on FB. Still not sure who Rhonda (I think) is. PM anyone? FB is gonna take me a little time to get used to it. And I'm really not at my best with the low blood sugar thing. Doc says back off on diabetes meds a little so maybe that'll do it. I'm just sorta slow and sluggish. Forgive me, love me, typos and rambles and all :biggrin:.

I'm not hungry. It's really weird. Did y'all have that when you were pre-oping? I'm thirsty and would kill for a cold Diet Coke but.... I'm so not a fan of Crystal Light. I never have trouble drinking enough Water though so I guess I'm lucky there.

Welcome home, Beth. Lulu, good for you at doc's office! Ebony, sorry you're in pain. Slim, what's going on in your life? Those are the posts I remember :crying:. Love ya all though :crying:. More later.....if I can summon the energy to type :ohmy:.

TPG

So are they just going to have to re-fill you slowly as if you were starting over?

exactly - i'm at the same fill level right now as when i woke up from surgery = 3.5cc's.

he said i should never have to go above 5; but told me today that maintaining is even trickier than losing.....i think he's right.:biggrin:

exactly - i'm at the same fill level right now as when i woke up from surgery = 3.5cc's.

he said i should never have to go above 5; but told me today that maintaining is even trickier than losing.....i think he's right.:biggrin:

I bet he is right.

I think the same thing even happens on Weight Watchers -- the losing seems easy, but you don't find as many maintaining their weight. :ohmy:

I'm at 5.2 and feel I am at a sweet spot now. I'm sure it might change as I lose more weight, but for once I didn't need a fill when I went in a couple weeks ago.

PJTP...I' m back again!

Just went for a walk, so now I'm all fired up and have lots of energy!

LuluC - you are amazing...like Beth, you are my new she-ro! Imagine - maintaining and even LOSING on less fill! Maybe someday I'll get there, but right now, I'm glad I've got Jillian (my band) kicking my butt...

TPG - You're doing fine...those diabetes meds can definately make ya loopy - been there, done that! It's funny - when I was less successful at controlling my blood sugar (readings above 200) I would get "spacey" at 100. Now, I have been controlling it better - especially since I was banded - and I don't get loopy until I'm around 60, which is really low. My doc says I'm doing great - I want to get off the meds!

I'm feeling a little hungry, so I'm going to have a snack...don't wanna eat too much, though, I'm planning grilled chicken caesar salad for dinner...:biggrin:

Edited by EbonyRose

ok i am a bit giddy....LOL:blushing:

* just had my barium - band is fine, no issues

* got a fill - 2ccs'

* i LOST weight w/barely any fill at all

i say this, cause if you ever pop in on the food thread i EAT A LOT!!! but those spinning classes paid off:)

* my surgeon was just overly complimentary to me in my shorts/tank/flip flops - said he can tell i'm serious and wanted to know what i eat. so i told him, he wants me to post a recp to his monthly flyer each mo. i asked if i can do it under an alias & he laughed. i was serious though., we'll see.

off my cloud & onto houseworks:(:(

That is awesome! To find no problems and you lost weight?!?!?! You are Superwoman!

Gird yer loins, I'm BAAACK! :biggrin:

About time! I am so glad to see you! I am sorry to hear about your DH (surgery and possible job) and your dad. Sending positive thoughts your way.

And WOW, weight LOST with the unfill??? You are my newest hero. :sneaky:

We should just start the fan club now!

Oh, I also ate like a slobbering pig while I was away. Won't EVEN get on a scale. I don't know what it is about vacations and becoming a brain-dead idiot where I'm concerned, but it gets old and makes me feel like a failure.

You mean vacations aren't for eating like a slobbering pig?:blink:

Thanks to all who "friended" me on FB. Still not sure who Rhonda (I think) is. PM anyone? FB is gonna take me a little time to get used to it. And I'm really not at my best with the low blood sugar thing. Doc says back off on diabetes meds a little so maybe that'll do it. I'm just sorta slow and sluggish. Forgive me, love me, typos and rambles and all :).

I'm not hungry. It's really weird. Did y'all have that when you were pre-oping? I'm thirsty and would kill for a cold Diet Coke but.... I'm so not a fan of Crystal Light. I never have trouble drinking enough Water though so I guess I'm lucky there.

I hope you are able to get the blood sugar drops in check. I know that is an awful feeling. After the first day or so of the liquid diet, I wasn't hungry either. I remember calling and asking if I had to drink all that was on my list.

I wanna be FBed by TPG... :sad:

I want to be FBed by Beth...:sad:

I just love it when you talk dirty, baby :w00t:.

:lol:

You dirty, dirrrty girl, you. :sneaky:

:lol:

he said i should never have to go above 5; but told me today that maintaining is even trickier than losing.....i think he's right.:rolleyes:

If anyone can do it, it will be you.:wink2:

:blink: Just how many cereal box tops do I need for my FB decoder ring?

This may take awhile. And it seems that cereal is NOT a clear liquid. :eek:

I don't know yet. I haven't gotten my ring either. That stuff is hard.

TPG

I wasn't hungry, but I was drinking Protein Shakes and water continuously -- I didn't want to chance getting hungry. I did get pretty snarky by day 2 or 3 -- I had 2 weeks of pre-op liquids.< /p>