Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Hi kids! How's everyone this evening? I have news: The pre-op diet is over. I'm not having surgery on Thurs. There are some issues with my doc's office. The kind that require my attorney and the Board of Healing Arts :). I'll give more details as I can but I gotta get the ducks in a row first. I'm really upset and disappointed and furious. I could have eaten and had wine at the b'day party. No, I had no cake, no crab rangoon dip...crap. I'm just lucky that my Dad has 2 b'days so you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be cake on Sunday! I really don't even care though. :)

Hope all of you are well, and ditto kids, hubbies, pets, etc. Take care and TTFN,

TPG

Oh no, doesn't sound good. :tongue2: I'm so sorry to hear this...

You're just a straight lurker. He likes to jump out from behind stationary objects with his trench coat open. There's a HUGE difference.

Ooooh, you think my difference is huge? Sexy!

Hi kids! How's everyone this evening? I have news: The pre-op diet is over. I'm not having surgery on Thurs. There are some issues with my doc's office. The kind that require my attorney and the Board of Healing Arts :). I'll give more details as I can but I gotta get the ducks in a row first. I'm really upset and disappointed and furious. I could have eaten and had wine at the b'day party. No, I had no cake, no crab rangoon dip...crap. I'm just lucky that my Dad has 2 b'days so you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be cake on Sunday! I really don't even care though.

What the hell, man?!?

No, it's not good. I've been having a nagging doubt feeling since I saw the doc back in July. I thought it was just not being sure, so I did my research. I read and posted and was okay. My mind is totally ready. But I still had some concerns about the medical practice as a whole. Now, I know why. Scary when the office folk won't even give you their last names....

More on this later. Depending on how things go, I'll prolly post a thread about the doc and this situation.

I wanna still have my LBT friends. Can I stay??? Please, please. I may still band but it's gonna be a problem even though I'm self-pay. Some days I really don't like the medical and insurance worlds :tongue2:. I'm kinda down but I'm okay. There's a part of me that's relieved. Guess I'll unpack my bag :). At least I can now stuff my face :).

TPG

No, it's not good. I've been having a nagging doubt feeling since I saw the doc back in July. I thought it was just not being sure, so I did my research. I read and posted and was okay. My mind is totally ready. But I still had some concerns about the medical practice as a whole. Now, I know why. Scary when the office folk won't even give you their last names....

More on this later. Depending on how things go, I'll prolly post a thread about the doc and this situation.

I wanna still have my LBT friends. Can I stay??? Please, please. I may still band but it's gonna be a problem even though I'm self-pay. Some days I really don't like the medical and insurance worlds :thumbup:. I'm kinda down but I'm okay. There's a part of me that's relieved. Guess I'll unpack my bag :tongue2:. At least I can now stuff my face :).

TPG

PLEASE stay! I know, you can make a quasi-band. Get a big rubber band and put it around your neck (not too loose, not too tight). BINGO, quasi-band! :)

I know, you can make a quasi-band. Get a big rubber band and put it around your neck (not too loose, not too tight). BINGO, quasi-band! :)

And people wonder why I like to have play dates at Beth's house :).

Turns out the police don't really like it when you set up a kiosk at the mall advertising "free gynological exams". I mean, I had a privacy curtain.....what's the prob?

:)

I'll try to post more often.

Hooray!! And prayers that you get some answers with the US!

listen here missy - don't diss my degree - I worked very hard to get it.............those crane games in the mall put the diplomas in the hardest corner to get to - I am the champion!

LOL!

Just got home about 30 minutes ago. Been a long damn day.

What a day! Glad it's over for you. Glad DH is doing okay. When do you find out if surgery did what it was supposed to do?

PJTP: I had too much stress when I went into school today. So not ready for summer to end!!!

Seems like we've all got a bunch of stress going on! Sorry you're doing it too!

I have news: The pre-op diet is over. I'm not having surgery on Thurs.

WTH?! I am SO sorry! I know you were really looking forward to this. Let us know what's going on when you feel that you can. (((HUGS!)))

~Ebony, either weekend will work for me but Beth's classes don't end til June! Maybe she can do the last weekend? BETH???

~PJTP:Thank you ALL for your support! I know you all are right. I don't normally have chips in the house other than tortilla chips. I can pretty well control myself with those except to make a small plate of single layer nachos (chips, cheese, olives, salsa) once in awhile BUT I did have nachos late Sunday, DD had picked ruffles when we went to Yosemite the other day and then today DH bought the wavy lays and dip. So on top of mindlessly snacking, I also realized when I looked back, that I've not been getting all of my Water in. I bloat really BAD if I don't get ALL of my water in, then add the extra salt I've been mindlessly eating and there ya go!

If not for the chips, my eating would be really good. I try to really honestly LOOK at myself and try to figure out what I'm doing and why. I am REALLY stressed out right now. We need a new furnace. The tire thing. My job. The trip up north. DH's HUGE paycut coming Nov. 1st.

That's the biggie. The State is going to cut his pay $600(!!!!) b/c they f'd up the state budget. We live pretty close to the bone as it is so this is huge for us and I'm in a panic. We haven't had to "worry" about money since DH was a seasonal and would get laid off every winter. Now we got a kid and a house, etc.

Then my mom talked me into going on this trip up north for a family reunion, she's buying but still. DD and I are going to have to spend some money for the trip and I'm freaking out and wanting to cancel.

I hate my job and want to quit but it does bring in $200 a month so can't quit right now. Can't go get a job b/c I wouldn't make enough to pay for child-care.

Anyway, I'm flippin' out right now.

Thank you all for the support and well-wishes re: my bandiversary!

Re: the truck. It's Big O Tires so they have a corporate office and I'm thinking I'll also get in touch with the BBB. I've never done anything like this before so it should be interesting. And like I have a lot of time to deal with it too! LOL!

Okay, I do feel a little better. Thank you! Just be forewarned (or is it already too late!), I'm going to be flippin' out a lot and y'all are gonna get the brunt of it! Sorry!!

Other than all the tire stuff, DD and I had fun being outside today. We spent pretty much all morning out there and sat and had lunch out there too. I had to MAKE her come in the house when it got too hot!

Well, another marathon post from me! Sorry! LOL! :)

I wanna still have my LBT friends. Can I stay??? Please, please. I may still band but it's gonna be a problem even though I'm self-pay. Some days I really don't like the medical and insurance worlds :thumbup:. I'm kinda down but I'm okay. There's a part of me that's relieved. Guess I'll unpack my bag :tongue2:. At least I can now stuff my face :).

TPG

OH NO!!!! You must stay!!!! You can't leave now!

And don't stuff your face! For one, just not a good idea, read my post, if you can. Dumb thing is so frickin' long! Second, and seriously, you haven't eaten in a few days. You need to go slow to begin with. You will get sick if you don't!

Post if you start a new thread. I don't always get over to New Posts.

Hang in there and more (((HUGS)))! I'm so sorry!

PLEASE stay! I know, you can make a quasi-band. Get a big rubber band and put it around your neck (not too loose, not too tight). BINGO, quasi-band! :)

:smile2: LOL!

Thanks, Michelle! I'm still here. You all thought you'd lose me with that FB thing....I know it...:)

I'll let everyone know if I post a thread or I'll PM ya. It's just a mess. And you're right, no more food. I snarfed down some beef strips and cheese. Yuck. But, I don't have to eat another freaking SF Popsicle for awhile! Whoo hooo. I'm really disappointed. And ticked off. Things happen for a reason. But I'm still ticked. Thanks for the support!

TPG

* tpg -well i hope you don't leave / shouldn't leave, do let us know what happen. i will say, that this just might be a blessing. aftercare is SO much more important, and if you can't get quality attention BEFORE the band, what do you do when you have a complication???

as self pay - you got some options.

* michelle - i just found snappea crisps @ whole foods....to get my chip fix in. unlike chips they are low in carbs/decent protein......might look into those.

pretty day in dallas, however i'm a bit over 100 degree days......wouldn't mind if a cold front moved in:)

happy hump~

TPG, that totally sucks over your surgery, but I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and perhaps this disappointment is minor if the possibility of a botched surgery or lack of follow up etc, was the trade off.

There are lots of Dr.'s, I ended up changing plans at the end, and actually ended up going to MX, with my original Dr.'s blessings, and suggestions of Dr. and have not had any complaints. It DID delay me, same as you, and I was, shall we say, a little pissy about it!

Heart--stress is killer to my weight loss. I know people who cannot eat when they are stressed, they just curl up and sleep. My DD and my best friend are both that way. NOT ME! I eat, anything that is not trying to eat me first, and sleep is hard to get, because I cannot shut my mind off enough to fall asleep.

I made my goal weight, was happy, and maintaining without a lot of problems. I was totally and completely unfilled, and was able to eat, but was using what I had "learned" quite well, was loving life!! Then my DD got sick--and then the Dr.'s diagnosed the terrible disease that would prove to be fatal, and the stress brought on the hives. When they hit my face and throat, they put me on steroids. Hello 40 pounds! OMG--it was so fast and out of control! I ate in the hospital for weeks, and was so devastated for awhile, that my weight was a total non issue. Then when they transferred her, and we got better news, and the stress eased----I had to get with it again, and it is much harder this time around! Slower. It is taking more WORK to get it off not just diet.

So softball starts this week, first practice session last night. I am old and got way out of shape from last year! I am sore this morning!

Off to work....the fun never ends!

TPG -- Hang in there!!

Heartfire -- rant all you want.....I also gain weight anytime I eat Chinese or salty things so I try not to weigh after those days.

Beth -- hope your husband recovers well

Well, I have gall stones and will have to have my gall bladder removed. My band doc could do the surgery, but probably not until the end of September, and would not do a band replacement at the same time (according to his nurse - he's in Paris until next week). Waiting to hear from the doc on the referral to her choice of surgeons.

The good news is that I feel SO much better -- no pain!! Yesterday was my first OTC med free day -- here's to another!!

suzt - well most importantly you're feeling better - sory you have to have surgery - but you will feel much better after that.

listen here missy - don't diss my degree - I worked very hard to get it.............those crane games in the mall put the diplomas in the hardest corner to get to - I am the champion!

Garsh, and rumor had it you were the "Operation" queen and won it that way. :)

What a day! Glad it's over for you. Glad DH is doing okay. When do you find out if surgery did what it was supposed to do?

Not really sure. Last night, when talking to the doc, he said that DH's nerves didn't look horrible. He said some other patients' were so bad that they literally looked bruised. So because DH's didn't look bruised, he thought he would have minimal pain OR actually feel no pain going down his arm any longer.

Wrong...

Hubby was really REALLY complaining about arm pain last night, more than he ever did before surgery.

Then again, like most men, he is a wuss. So, I don't know how long before the wuss factor wears off and he starts being realistic in his expectation of pain and healing.

I just hope he's alive by the time I get there and his nurse didn't put a pillow over his face.

Okay, I do feel a little better. Thank you! Just be forewarned (or is it already too late!), I'm going to be flippin' out a lot and y'all are gonna get the brunt of it! Sorry!!

No worries. That's what we're here for. LOTS of broad shoulders to take on the problems of others.

I'm with you there. In about 30 days, hubby may not have a job. And we live in one of THE most expensive places in the US, with a house note ALONE of $2400 a month. I'm more than a little worried myself.

* tpg -well i hope you don't leave / shouldn't leave, do let us know what happen. i will say, that this just might be a blessing. aftercare is SO much more important, and if you can't get quality attention BEFORE the band, what do you do when you have a complication???

as self pay - you got some options.

EXCELLENT analogy! Like TPG, I was so focused on what didn't happen that I didn't think about what COULD have happened. :)

* michelle - i just found snappea crisps @ whole foods....to get my chip fix in. unlike chips they are low in carbs/decent protein......might look into those.

*takes notes* SOUNDS GOOD!

I used to be able to find soy nuts back in Houston but don't know where/how to find them now. Dried soybeans, GOOD Fiber, yummy, and helped for those with a crunch fetish. Guess I should really try to look.

We will have a new Wegman's here in November, so maybe somebody like them will carry them.