Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

TPG~ Damn girl you have had a day! Hope you are doing okay, I know it is disappointing, but I am sure everything will work out for the better.

Beth~ Men are wussies! I hope DH is feeling better this afternoon. Sorry about the news on the job front - that is a major stressor!

Poor pups! That is no fun. I have one with a super sensitive stomach and if he eats anything out of the ordinary it is coming up or spraying out! EWWW! I can't tell you how many times I have had to clean the carpets for mulitple days before he is feeling better.

Michelle~ I so hope you can make the trip North - I would really love to meet you in person! But I do know how money issues change plans and you have to do what is best for the family. We live month to month and I don't know what we would do if one of us wasn't working right now. Thoughts and prayers go out to you!

Ebony~ Hope the neck is better and yes I meant massage! Kind of like the kids that are going to collage! Always makes me laugh, when I see that!!!

PJTP: Oh man did we have volleyball drama at school today. I bunch of the sophs and juniors were cut in favor of the younger kids. The new crop of froshs are really strong and the head coach is still in a program building phase, so the shit hit the fan when teams were posted! So glad that DD is graduated and did not have to be in the middle of it. I just supported coach because she made the right decisions but it will be miserable for the next two days and then life will go on!

Saw my surgeon for my 1 year post-op. I have lost weight in the last couple of months since I was in last. I am have been playing some head games with myself and realize that it is old eating issues coming up and lurking over my shoulder! Damn head games!

He is very impressed with the work I have done this past year. However, he wants to see me in 3 weeks. I have to hide the scale for the next 3 weeks - WTF! I am on the scale almost every morning, it is my crutch, but he is thinking not so much a crutch but a way to punish myself. I have to eat 3 full meals every day and have a high Protein snack when I exercise. He thinks that I am not eating enough to fuel my body for the exercise that I am doing and that is part of the reason that I have had a major slow down. We will see. I have to work on getting this done and see if I lose weight when he sees me in Sept! OMG, I think I might go crazy without my scale. I am allowed to keep it until Friday, which I use as my official weigh in day.

Okay, I know this is minor compared to what the rest of you are going through, but I needed to get it off my chest. Somebody out there needs to keep me honest!

Hope everyone has a nice quiet restful evening and tomorrow brings new happiness and joy!

Krtork - I can sympathize girl - I am scale obsessed. It's funny b/c I never was pre-band.

I had found myself weighing every am and sometimes later in the day - I have a plan though - in the last couple months I have graduated to weighing myself once a week - with only a few slip-ups.

My next goal - once a month! (Maybe with the new year) maybe I'll try every 2 weeks this fall. :blushing:

Krtork - I can sympathize girl - I am scale obsessed. It's funny b/c I never was pre-band.

I had found myself weighing every am and sometimes later in the day - I have a plan though - in the last couple months I have graduated to weighing myself once a week - with only a few slip-ups.

My next goal - once a month! (Maybe with the new year) maybe I'll try every 2 weeks this fall. :blushing:

Okay, I will use you as my inspiration! I was the same way pre-band, hardly ever got on the scale. Weird. I have to wait the whole 3 weeks. I will probably end up with one of the kids hiding it so I don't get on it!

My surgeon reminded me that I did not have the surgery to hit a specific number, but to be healthy and get my life back. So he says - how many triathlons did you do before the surgery, me "uh, none", surgeon, "my point exactly!"

If I need staying off the scale support you will hear from me!

Okay, I will use you as my inspiration! I was the same way pre-band, hardly ever got on the scale. Weird. I have to wait the whole 3 weeks. I will probably end up with one of the kids hiding it so I don't get on it!

My surgeon reminded me that I did not have the surgery to hit a specific number, but to be healthy and get my life back. So he says - how many triathlons did you do before the surgery, me "uh, none", surgeon, "my point exactly!"

If I need staying off the scale support you will hear from me!

I think he's right on target. Also, have you considered getting your % of bodyfat tested? All your exercise could have built lean muscle, which in turn could screw with your "scale" goals. Better email some nude pics to let me better evaluate....my addy is

**edited to add: Holy crap! I randomly tried to come up with a suitably pervy fake email addy to put here. Imagine my surprise when it was a real address!!! I mean, I really tried to go over the top, and some weird bastard actually has that email. People scare me.

Edited by plain
just when you think people can't get any worse

I think he's right on target. Also, have you considered getting your % of bodyfat tested? All your exercise could have built lean muscle, which in turn could screw with your "scale" goals. Better email some nude pics to let me better evaluate....my addy is

**edited to add: Holy crap! I randomly tried to come up with a suitably pervy fake email addy to put here. Imagine my surprise when it was a real address!!! I mean, I really tried to go over the top, and some weird bastard actually has that email. People scare me.

Plain, we ALL know that freaky e-mail was really one of your long-forgotten ones. You're not fooling anybody.

KTork, try him at:

freakypervyfootfetishstalkerdude@hotmail.com

Gonna do me a 5-day pouch test starting tomorrow. Never done it before (usually didn't have to because I would get a fill once a month), but since coming back from vacation and dealing with a lot of stress, my bad eating that started at my folks' has not completely stopped.

Figured I'd give this a try and see how it goes.

And I'm too afraid to get on the scale. :blushing:

~Beth, I'm sorry DH's job IS a loss. for some reason I read it as a possibility. That really sucks and I'm sorry.

I sure hope your poor dogs are feeling better VERY soon! I think that next time your neighbors take the dogs for you, you should leave them there til they see the results of their care! LOL!

They DO make doggie diapers. It would help with at least ONE end!! :blushing:

~TPG, I am just so sorry that you are having to deal with all of this!

I haven't heard anything re: HH. But that doesn't really mean a whole lot either. Wonder what happened?

~Ebony, glad you're feeling a little better. Hope you continue to heal!

~Plain, scary about the e-mail! But funny too! 'Course I didn't see what you were trying to put down so maybe not so funny! :w00t:

~KC, how is the mouth after all of that dental work?

~Kristen, sorry about the drama at school! Yikes!

And I agree with what Plain said. At least before his freaky e-mail thing!!!

~PJTP: Well, the trip up north is still on (KRISTEN!). Talked to DH this AM about canceling and he was like, WTH? He said go, just be careful with the finances. So was pretty sure I was going but was still going to talk to my mom. I mean, she's financing the entire thing at this point. So talked to her tonight and she flipped! I kinda thought she would. She understands where I'm coming from (we were on food stamps at one point briefly when I was a kid) but looks at it as she is giving me this gift of a great trip (and badly needed down-time) and we're giving her the gift of time spent with us, her daughter and grand-daughter. I still have reservations but we ARE going. I just feel like extra baggage or whatever. Bugs the heck outta me!!!

Had a good day today. We spent most of the day outside with DD playing and me reading a book and finally FINISHING it!!! It's only taken me a couple of months to get thru it! I used to be able to finish a book in a DAY if I had nothing going on, 3 days at the most. Well, a week if I was really busy! LOL! Post kiddo, sheesh! books take forever to get thru now!

~Scale: would it be bad if I packed mine to take with me on my trip?

~TPG, I don't know if this is what did it but he and this Failure/Donna gal have been having go-rounds for awhile now. She just totally sets him off! It's weird b/c it's almost like she's got it in for him. He'll post something completely innocuous and she jumps in like he aimed the post at her! Well then he DOES aim his next post at her and completely goes off. Kinda can't blame him but I'd just put her on "ignore" and complain to the mods about her and be done with it.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f18/any-regrets-after-lap-band-100971/

I think it starts around page 3 or 4. Can't remember. Kinda just scanned the entire thing to see what was what. It's the only thing I found that might be possible and he was suspended this evening and this all occurred earlier today. Hope he's reincarnated! LOL! I kinda like the gruff ol' guy! He doesn't mince words that's for sure!

'Night!

Gonna do me a 5-day pouch test starting tomorrow.

It works. I'm getting close to doing it again.

~TPG, I don't know if this is what did it but he and this Failure/Donna gal have been having go-rounds for awhile now. She just totally sets him off! It's weird b/c it's almost like she's got it in for him. He'll post something completely innocuous and she jumps in like he aimed the post at her! Well then he DOES aim his next post at her and completely goes off. Kinda can't blame him but I'd just put her on "ignore" and complain to the mods about her and be done with it.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f18/any-regrets-after-lap-band-100971/

I think it starts around page 3 or 4. Can't remember. Kinda just scanned the entire thing to see what was what. It's the only thing I found that might be possible and he was suspended this evening and this all occurred earlier today. Hope he's reincarnated! LOL! I kinda like the gruff ol' guy! He doesn't mince words that's for sure!

'Night!

Almost like she totally set him up and he fell for it hook, line, and sinker, huh?

Morning all.

Heartfire-I am glad that you will get to take your trip. I completely understand where you are coming from on that one. I hope that you have an awesome trip! (don't pack the scale)

TPG-I am really sorry about your surgery, but I am sure this is a blessing is disguise.

re scale:I am totally addicted to my scale. I weigh every morning and almost every time I go into my bathroom after that.

Beth-how is DH doing today?

KC-How are you feeling?

Lu-what are you cooking up today?

Ebony-How is the neck?

Krtork-that sounds like my worst nightmare. Dealing with emotional teenaged girls? Scary.

Plain-you crack me up. You scare me, but you really crack me up.

re the pouch test-I have done it a couple of times. I like it ok, but I can never seem to make it past day two. I have not completely absorbed how to NOT give in to my carb cravings, so I never get over them completely.

PJTP...Good early morning, Everyone!:wub:

Just got in from my morning run...yes, RUN! I ran the entire course today, no stopping! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

It's just over a mile, and when I started the c25k I NEVER thought I'd be able to run the whole thing. I was huffing and puffing just after a block and everything hurt. :eek:

This morning I left DDog at home (he doesn't like to run very fast - makes me pull him all the way) and just took off. At the halfway point I was thinking "I might be able to do this"...at the 2/3 point, I was thinking "I can do this!" and I did! :thumbup:

PJTP-I finally have a NSV! I bought (and fit into) size 14 pants!:w00t: They are khaki Dickie pants. They are a little snug on the thighs, but I have room in the waist! Holy crap!

YAY SLIM!!!!! YAY SLIM!!!!! :sneaky::thumbup::blushing:

Aren't you GLAD you went shopping! We are practically the same size...I fit 14's (sorta kinda) my tummy AND my thighs get in the way, but they button pretty easily, so I just gotta keep working on it.:thumbup:

Yeah, what's that all about? And I wanna try it! :wink2:

Me too - maybe it will get me off of 20freaking5!:mad2:

oh - it's just a running joke.

i'm a fan of the 5 day pouch test - there are MANY here that are agast' about it, it's not shakes all day as it sounds.

but i've had 1 gain over xmas & 2 plateaus in the last 2yrs .....the diet jump started things in the right direction.

many do it to get off sweets & carbs to get back on track. i see no harm / no foul in something that may/may not work for some.

btw brandy - Red is 112lbs right now:)

I need to break my carb addiction...sounds like I may be doing this soon...

The pouch test is sounding good about now.

For me too...

TPG~ Damn girl you have had a day! Hope you are doing okay, I know it is disappointing, but I am sure everything will work out for the better.

What she said...hoping you're okay, TPG...:wub:

Beth~ Men are wussies! I hope DH is feeling better this afternoon. Sorry about the news on the job front - that is a major stressor!

What she said...((((hugs)))) to you Beth!

Poor pups! That is no fun. I have one with a super sensitive stomach and if he eats anything out of the ordinary it is coming up or spraying out! EWWW! I can't tell you how many times I have had to clean the carpets for mulitple days before he is feeling better.

Sensitive stomach + darling dog = BIG MESS!

Ebony~ Hope the neck is better and yes I meant massage! Kind of like the kids that are going to collage! Always makes me laugh, when I see that!!!

The neck is much better, thanks - just a little residual stiffness. Didn't stop me from running this morning!:w00t:

Plain, we ALL know that freaky e-mail was really one of your long-forgotten ones. You're not fooling anybody.

KTork, try him at:

freakypervyfootfetishstalkerdude@hotmail.com

OMG...ROFLMBO...better be careful, Beth, somebody will actually sign up for that one!

Gotta hit the shower - TTYL when I get to work!:thumbup:

What are the pouch tests?

PJTP...Good early morning, Everyone!:thumbup:

Just got in from my morning run...yes, RUN! I ran the entire course today, no stopping! :sneaky::w00t::thumbup:

It's just over a mile, and when I started the c25k I NEVER thought I'd be able to run the whole thing. I was huffing and puffing just after a block and everything hurt. :wink2:

This morning I left DDog at home (he doesn't like to run very fast - makes me pull him all the way) and just took off. At the halfway point I was thinking "I might be able to do this"...at the 2/3 point, I was thinking "I can do this!" and I did! :blushing:

Ebony, that's an awesome achievement!! Congrats!! You should be so proud of yourself!! :w00t: :thumbup::thumbup:

I kinda like the gruff ol' guy! He doesn't mince words that's for sure!

'Night!

sigh.

Yes, I'm gonna miss the old bastard myself.

X