Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I had done a liquid fast for nearly two weeks for religious reasons some years back, and I knew that if I could make it past the first few days, my stomach pretty much went numb.

I was amazed at how not hungry I was. I was evil, but not hungry. I ended up apologizing to everyone in my family that had the misfortune of talking to me during those 10 days.

PJTP...again!

Slim - you asked about my hair...

I had been relaxing for over 30 years (since I was 12 or 13) and started getting breakage behind both ears in 2007, so I decided to take the plunge and go natural. DH was, and is, completely supportive.

I dealt with the two textures for about 4 months - flatironing the roots so I could deal with my hair. It was shoulder-length, and I've NEVER had it short, so I was trying to "ease" into it...

Didn't really work - after a couple of months, the two very different textures were driving me nuts, so I chopped it off. I still had some permed ends, but it was mostly natural. Grew it out for a few more weeks and then went really short...not a caesar, but darn close! :rolleyes:

It just kept growing - its as if my hair finally felt "free". Maintenance was super-easy - Shampoo, condition, comb and go...loved it!

Now its grown out quite a bit - if I blow it out, I've got an Angela Davis quality fro going on...really BIG hair! I usually don't blow it out, though - I prefer the waves and curls of my natural texture, so I wet it down in the morning and put a leave-in conditioner on it, then finger-comb (my hair goes POOF when I use a comb on it) and out the door I go.

DH loves it, I love it...I'll have to post a pic soon. It really does look a LOT like my avi...when I first started here, I wanted my hair to be that long, and now it's there...I couldn't be happier.

I got lots of advice from nappturality.com - a website devoted to natural hair and the women who choose to wear it. Dreadlocks, afros, braids, curls, etc all are represented there...lots of style ideas, lots of advice, some lifestyle stuff too. I enjoy my time there, but I'm HERE more often.

Let me know if you have specific questions - I'd be happy to help! :)

You kinda have a Macy Gray thing going. Except you're hotter than Macy (ok, to be fair, she probably has the better voice).

Hi guys..

Has anyone ever been so bitchy you get on your own nerves??

I got a depo shot last week and wow I'm so angry/annoyed with everything and everyone ..my husband has been bobbing and weaving all week..

Man Shon, your husband is a lucky bastard, heehee....

I hate the dentist.

Let me repeat that. I HATE THE DENTIST!!

~Lu, I signed up on FB under my real name, can I change that? I didn't realize that's what I was doing til it was done and I freaked out and suspended my account. This was several months ago.

Easiest thing to do (IMO) is to go to gmail.com and set up a new email account. Then go to Facebook and start over.

Thanks to all who "friended" me on FB. Still not sure who Rhonda (I think) is.

Check your PM's.

thank you beth!

my dr used the same words today "said i was his hero" and i got goose dimples.

I thought it was "goose pimples"?!? :)

I was amazed at how not hungry I was. I was evil, but not hungry. I ended up apologizing to everyone in my family that had the misfortune of talking to me during those 10 days.

Now that is funny!!! PMS had nothing on you? Sounds like when I went off on my surgeon's new assistant surgeon after I'd gone w/o food for 4 days. She tried to cop a 'tude with me, unsuccessfully. ROARRRRRR!!

PJTP

It was a true Monday.....and I survived.

A-men! Didn't leave til 6pm!

Did someone say they didn't like Crystal Light? Blasphemy!

I actually have a coworker that has been calling me about diets. We aren't friends. She is a talker so I don't want to share with her that I have had surgery. She would tell everyone and their mom. I have told her what I am eating since she has called me twice about my "diet". I told her that I am not on a diet. I told her that I made a lifestyle change (which is true).

Lifestyle change - love it. It is hard for people to buy into the concept - they all want the magic bullet that just makes you lose weight with no work!

I'm like that for about the first half mile. My lungs seem to think they are going to give out. Once I get my breathing under control, I just keep going. I don't go for time too much when I'm just out running, I just go at a nice steady pace.

I feel the same way, my lungs always burn and then coming back I find my rhythm and could run forever (well, kinda).

PJTP...Good morning Everyone!:rolleyes:

Stayed home from work today - my recurring stiff neck attacked with a vengeance last night. Can't even turn my head, so driving is out.

Sorry about the stiff neck - no fun for you.

I'm hoping to hear about my potential new job this week. Right now my head is pounding (haven't eaten much yet) and my neck is stiff and sore. BBL...:lol:

Crossing fingers for the new job!!!

ok i am a bit giddy....LOL:blushing:

* just had my barium - band is fine, no issues

* got a fill - 2ccs'

* i LOST weight w/barely any fill at all

i say this, cause if you ever pop in on the food thread i EAT A LOT!!! but those spinning classes paid off:)

* my surgeon was just overly complimentary to me in my shorts/tank/flip flops - said he can tell i'm serious and wanted to know what i eat. so i told him, he wants me to post a recp to his monthly flyer each mo. i asked if i can do it under an alias & he laughed. i was serious though., we'll see.

off my cloud & onto houseworks:(:eek:

Well, you can add me to the fan club! You should do the recipe. You could come up with a fun Lapband/WLS name that goes with food. Okay, the marketing wheels are turning. The creative always takes me awhile - if I come up with something I will let you know! Again, WTG!

Gird yer loins, I'm BAAACK! :biggrin:

Yeah, missed your sassiness (sp)

For those who haven't seen on FB, hubby is having surgery tomorrow on his neck. Apparently two bulging disks have been causing his neck pain for so many years. He's having it done somewhat quickly because his work contract expires on 9/25 and we don't know if he'll have a job a month from now. :wink2::crying:

FB - you could be my friend on FB!! Hope the surgery goes well! Sending positive thoughts your way.

I'm still moving forward on the school front but don't feel as comfortable about it now.

You will be fine - make sure you are taking care of yourself!

To boot, we're still not for sure what's happening with my dad. He had a doctor's appointment while I was there, but it was some auditory-type doc who my dad felt was only concerned with selling him a hearing aid. Um, not really an issue right now. :blink:

Hope you can get some answers, resolution with your dad.

Anyway, hope to jump into the conversation again and keep up. :blink:

Thanks to all who "friended" me on FB. Still not sure who Rhonda (I think) is. PM anyone? FB is gonna take me a little time to get used to it. And I'm really not at my best with the low blood sugar thing. Doc says back off on diabetes meds a little so maybe that'll do it. I'm just sorta slow and sluggish. Forgive me, love me, typos and rambles and all :).

Sorry to hear you are struggling with the meds! I was wondering if there was some reason for the rambling:tt2:

I'm not hungry. It's really weird. Did y'all have that when you were pre-oping? I'm thirsty and would kill for a cold Diet Coke but.... I'm so not a fan of Crystal Light. I never have trouble drinking enough Water though so I guess I'm lucky there.

Make sure that you are getting in your food/shakes so you are keeping up on your nutrition. Your body needs to be strong to heal from the surgery.

More later.....if I can summon the energy to type :sneaky:.

I'm sure you will find the energy!

TPG

:w00t: Just how many Cereal box tops do I need for my FB decoder ring?

This may take awhile. And it seems that Cereal is NOT a clear liquid. :sad:

:lol::lol:

PJTP...I' m back again!

Just went for a walk, so now I'm all fired up and have lots of energy!

:sneaky::thumbup:

I thought it was "goose pimples"?!? :sad:

That's what I thought!

PJTP: This morning I was going to go for a run with DH, but we woke up DD and she went on a nice long (8 mile) hike with me, while he ran 13 miles.

It was a beautiful trail up to Green Lakes on the Fall Creek trail. DD took some great pics and I posted them on FB. I am so sore - my butt and feet hurt. It is 1100 foot climb from the trail head to the lakes! But it was so worth the work! I took one of my dogs with (Jackson) and he had a blast! All the new smells and splashing in the Water - what more can a dog ask for? A Sadie Snack! Shout out to KC!!

Well, DH finishes up at the Forest Service this week and we are back to work on Monday! Have a busy day tomorrow and I am sure I will crash tonight!

Torky-gal,

The pics on FB were beautiful!!

PJTP: I'm currently building a new city with all my Popsicle sticks. I'll be posting pics in about 6 months. Damned zoning commission insisted on a permit :sneaky:. I'm appealing the decision but I'm feeling really snarky so I doubt I'll be changing my mind. But I'll be sending myself a nasty letter. I pay taxes in this dining room and I know I got rights by golly and by PG. :):rolleyes: :biggrin:

~Hi Everyone!!

~Yeah! Beth is back! Sorry about DH and Dad. :rolleyes:

~Ebony, sorry you're hurting! Pulling for you for great news this week, job-wise!

~Kristen, sounds like a wonderful hike!

~Hang in there, TPG, you CAN do this! Yes, I know I keep saying that but I believe in you! You've only got a few more days til surgery!

~Kat, sounds like a rough day. So sorry!

~SNT, I'm not real big on Crystal Light either. I know, I know!

~Lu, congrats on the fill and the WL! Great job! I think you should go for it with the recipe thing. I think that's neat!

~PJTP: I don't understand how a body gains 5lbs overnight. Seriously! Eating hasn't changed and overnight, wham! Tomorrow is my 1yr bandiversary and I was hoping to see 175. Ain't gonna happen now! Maybe my scale needs a new battery. This sucks. :)

'Night all!

Torky-gal,

The pics on FB were beautiful!!

PJTP: I'm currently building a new city with all my Popsicle sticks. I'll be posting pics in about 6 months. Damned zoning commission insisted on a permit :sneaky:. I'm appealing the decision but I'm feeling really snarky so I doubt I'll be changing my mind. But I'll be sending myself a nasty letter. I pay taxes in this dining room and I know I got rights by golly and by PG. :):rolleyes: :biggrin:

Perhaps...and I say this tenatively...you could slip the commissioner a bribe to see things your way.

Watch out though, "eminent domaign" is a powerful weapon in local governments. Those that rock the boat could find the city condeming and seizing the kitchen table as well, for future expansion.

Sounds like you have experience in this area, Plain. :)

I was just reading tonight how it's going to be a federal crime for eBayers and Craigslist users, along with garage sale holders, to sell items that have recalls on them. Isn't that nice.

Perhaps...and I say this tenatively...you could slip the commissioner a bribe to see things your way.

Watch out though, "eminent domaign" is a powerful weapon in local governments. Those that rock the boat could find the city condeming and seizing the kitchen table as well, for future expansion.

Warning came a bit too late. Tried the bribe. I was spoken to very sternly by myself and for punishment, I got more SF Jell-O. I NEED Popsicles! My city is never gonna flourish. And I may have eaten/slurped my glue :)...white, clear... WTH, it was liquid! Great, another attempt, another failure. Did Donald Trump have to put up with this crap? :rolleyes:

Warning came a bit too late. Tried the bribe. I was spoken to very sternly by myself and for punishment, I got more SF Jell-O. I NEED Popsicles! My city is never gonna flourish. And I may have eaten/slurped my glue :)...white, clear... WTH, it was liquid! Great, another attempt, another failure. Did Donald Trump have to put up with this crap? :rolleyes:

You sure it was glue? :biggrin:

Yeah but I think she was sniffing it, not slurping it :rolleyes:

Uh, I refuse to respond on the grounds that I may incriminate myself :).

Anyone have a tissue?