Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

This is almost eerie, I had just went to check when she last was on FB---come in here again, and y'all are talking about her!

It concerns me too.....

OMG Kristen! I cannot believe you did all the assorted damage on the way to the ground! I have not been thrown by my own in years, but was launched off my cousins mule a couple of years ago, and was rolling ass end over appetite, before I even knew what was happening! We were going along at a pretty good clip, kind of a canter speed, not full out, and he picked up speed for about 2 steps and before I could react, he stopped on a dime.....I did not. Flew off over his lowered head, and went rolling. When I come to a stop I looked at him, and he pretended to be casually grazing....ggggrrrrrrr-- I did not laugh. I made him watch me feel the others apples and he got none! If I could have made him stand in the corner, or something I would have....sh*thead mule! Glad you seem to be ok.

I have done a few endovers! Not fun! I am really feeling it this evening. Red was loping and I think it was the fact that he got his head down when he stumbled and just went for it! Vaughn said it was a pretty impressive flight!:ohmy:

Off work for the weekend! I am all for getting a bit sloshed!!! Not happy with my DH, he brought home a bag of coconut M&M's---they are calling my name.

Yum!

Having a family babyshower for my DIL and new grandson this weekend. Lots of yardwork to do----just the usual, mow, weed whack etc. But it has to be done. So think I will make something nice and cool for us to enjoy while doing it....nice idea y'all had!

How fun! Enjoy the family!

How I would LOVE to have some of the macho mushrooms in my yard for this party!!! I would love it! Maybe more appropriate for a bachelorette party??? However, it was a boy - so I guess that works!:tt2:

Evening everyone! It is so awesome to see so many of the old faces around! I haven't seen it showing this many people viewing the thread in a really long time! I am so excited about that!

It has been busy! Lovin' it!

Krtork-I hope that you have taken a hot bath and rubbed down so that you are not even more sore tomorrow. I am glad that you aren't hurt terribly bad.

I am sore, hoping that I can get up and move in the morning!

re social sites:DH doesn't do regular computer social sites. He does chat or whatever with his video game playing buddies. It is still so odd to me all of these grown men playing the video games like they are playing pro.

re shopping:I haven't really done any shopping yet. I am afraid. I don't know what size to start with!!!

Grab something cute and go for it! I have been so shocked every time I grab something and it fits! I look at the clothing and think "No Way!", but it fits. I also love the fact that when I pack for a trip it does not take a super sized suitcase any longer!

re cocktails:I would love to have an icy cocktail right now. I am on call until Monday morning. I can't take a chance that I will get called in while having a buzz.

I am sure there are plenty here that will have a drink or two for you!:tt2:

Ha! Actually, since he's "on his own" there are women that are his friends that I don't know.

One, in particular, was his "interest" before I started to work there. She was married, but with problems and he kept hoping she'd leave her DH. She never did and then I worked there. He thought she was just a friend (from her perspective) and that she'd be good friends w/me too. I had doubts and sure enough, she stopped coming around. LOL

She's his friend on FB, but not mine.

I have thought about inviting her to the wedding, then though F it.

I would invite and gloat! But I can be kind of petty that way! :o

Did you get the DDP all cleaned up! LOL! I've learned to not be drinking or eating anything while reading this thread. It's too dangerous!! :biggrin:

I so agree!!!!

Okay, putting this moment on my calendar. Don't think this has EVER happened before! Plain is speechless, I'm shocked!

Hard to believe!!!

Almost quittin' time Diva! Of course this thread will never die! We're all addicted and NOT looking for treatment! LOL!

It's a sad state of affairs when nobody will seek treatment!

My hair doesn't do much either. That's one reason it's long. I don't have to do anything with it. No maintenance.

If I have mine long, I become the ponytail girl! Try to avoid that. When I was at my heaviest I always wore a bun/bop on top of my head, and horror of all horrors, I almost always had a pencil sticking out of it!

Goodness! Damn horse! Glad to know you're upright but you are going to be hating life tomorrow! I hope you heal soon!

If I can get back on him tomorrow, he is going to regret the day we met!!!!:sneaky:

PJTP: Where the heck is Mac? Haven't seen her in awhile!

She's been MIA lately!

DD and I have done NOTHING today! LOL! Actually, I did sweep and mop the kitchen floor.

Good for you - I love those days, very relaxing, you can even eat popcorn for dinner! (well, if your band likes it!)

Talked to DH and they might release them to come home tomorrow. We're hoping. He'll be on duty til Sunday AM, IF he has relief, other wise he'll be on duty til Monday when the other Captain comes on. BUT he'll at least be where we can go see him!

Crossing fingers for your family to be back together again!!!

Off to go practice my reading for Sunday then make dinner. BBL!

I was hoping G4E would have found a way to check in by now. I'm worried about her. She was having her biopsy Monday, so I was hoping we'd have word by now. And an update on her BIL.

Lots of prayers for both of them.

I know, I was hoping we would have heard something from her by now! I hope it isn't anything serious!

Still no word on the drink of the weekend???

KC, I never heard...what is the lush slush for the weekend? My pre-op starts Sat. morning. I NEED to know so I can stock up :o. Vodka, white rum, anything clear will work for me.

TPG

Thanks everyone for the kind words about the red dress. I didn't wear it though (saving it for my birthday next month). We had a fantabulous time - danced our asses off, played on the roulette tables, let strangers try to chat us up and then did the runner, hehehe. I wore the outfit I had bought at the same boutique a couple of months back and, even if I do say so myself, I think it looked smokin'! Zelli took lots of photos on her camera, so when I get copies of those, I'll post one of my AngelBaby and I, but in the mean time, this is the one she snapped of me on my phone camera:

PS: My drink of choice is almost always scotch and Water in a big glass. I can't do bubbles, so coke and/or soda are out, fruit juices have way too many calories to go drinking a bunch of them and neat liquor (like martinis, etc) gets me sloshed way too quick. I can nurse a scotch in a pint glass of water with lots of ice for an hour or two and get in 2 or 3 over the course of an evening, without blowing the diet or getting messy quickly. It also helps that it continually rehydrates me as I'm drinking, so is great for minimising hangovers.

post-224917-13813138645768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fanny Adams

I'm sadly dry this weekend - but if I must declare a drink - let's change it up:

tequila sunrise but since you're on clears - cranberry or pomegranite juice instead of oj

.........ok?

I have to do liquids monday - not for band but having a revision to a failed root canal - thinking cream of mushroom soup!

Fanny~ Smokin' Hot! You look great!

KC~ Tequila Sunrise it is. My DH will like that - "tequila makes her clothes come off", in my best singing voice - which is horrible! LOL!

Oh crap, I am bass ackwards-----guess I better go drink some tequila!!!!

I laid down too soon after eating, and refluxed so got back up for a bit......I know better than to eat as late as we did....you would think I'd learn. Yeah right!

Learning when and how to eat is what got me in the shape I was!!!

Hi guys..

Has anyone ever been so bitchy you get on your own nerves??

I got a depo shot last week and wow I'm so angry/annoyed with everything and everyone ..my husband has been bobbing and weaving all week..

Hi guys..

I got a depo shot last week and wow I'm so angry/annoyed with everything and everyone ..my husband has been bobbing and weaving all week..

Wahooo, I now have a valid explanation for my bitchy self these past 10 years!! Ha, I KNEW it couldn't be my fault. :o

I'm sadly dry this weekend - but if I must declare a drink - let's change it up:

tequila sunrise but since you're on clears - cranberry or pomegranite juice instead of oj

.........ok?

I have to do liquids monday - not for band but having a revision to a failed root canal - thinking cream of mushroom soup!

Ouch on the tooth. That sucks. Since I'm doing clears, I think I'll just go straight tequila. Juice would just add those totally un-needed, pesky Vitamins.< /p>

Very impressive! I like it, I like it a lot! :biggrin:

G4E hasn't been posting on Facebook either. I am worried about her too.

Susan, don't know if you knew or not but she lost her internet and has been posting from her kids' house or the hospital but she hasn't been on at all since last weekend. :ohmy:

This is almost eerie, I had just went to check when she last was on FB---come in here again, and y'all are talking about her!

It concerns me too.....

That IS eerie! Stuff like that happens to me all the time. It always freaks me out a little.

~Kristen, I leave my hair down most of the time, or I pull the sides back to a clip. I will wear it in a pony tail or rolled up in a large clip sometimes but I can't leave it up too long or it stresses my head and I'll end up with a Migraine. I've started wearing a braid more often tho. It doesn't seem stress my head as much. Probably b/c it's low on my head. My hair, when loose, is about where my bra strap sits, so kinda long and heavy.

I don't eat popcorn. Not b/c I can't, (not sure), but b/c DH refuses to allow DD to eat it yet. Choking hazard. :o Sooo, I don't like to even have it in the house b/c I won't eat it while she's awake and after she's asleep, it's too late to eat anything. :tt2:

PS: My drink of choice is almost always scotch and Water in a big glass. I can't do bubbles, so coke and/or soda are out, fruit juices have way too many calories to go drinking a bunch of them and neat liquor (like martinis, etc) gets me sloshed way too quick. I can nurse a scotch in a pint glass of water with lots of ice for an hour or two and get in 2 or 3 over the course of an evening, without blowing the diet or getting messy quickly. It also helps that it continually rehydrates me as I'm drinking, so is great for minimising hangovers.

Oh my gosh! Fanny! You look fabulous!! I love your taste in clothes but for me it scars the shit outta me! LOL! I don't know why but patterns scare me! I do have a skirt I love, the one that almost fell off at church last Sunday, but it's pretty rare for my closet. There are only a couple of things with patterns in there. I so admire women who can go for it and do it so well! Thank you for being an inspiration!!

Great tip on the drink!!

.........ok?

Ooohhhh, sounds good!

Hope the revision goes well! Take care of yourself! Let us know how it goes!

Oh crap, I am bass ackwards-----guess I better go drink some tequila!!!!

I laid down too soon after eating, and refluxed so got back up for a bit......I know better than to eat as late as we did....you would think I'd learn. Yeah right!

Learning when and how to eat is what got me in the shape I was!!!

Damn! I hate when that happens! If I eat to close to bed, it sits in my throat! I have to wait AT LEAST 1/2 an hour before trying to lay down. If I MUST eat something, I'll try to wait nearly an hour before trying to go to bed. Don't have the reflux problem, just the sitting in the throat problem!

I've still got lots to learn and bad habits to break. Not sure how to do it. I'm struggling with a couple of things. :sneaky:

Hi guys..

Is that what it is? Shit! I started on Depo in July, one month before my surgery last year. I thought it was surgery stuff. You know, the excess estrogen being released thing. UGH! Maybe it's a combo of the 2! UGH!!!

Ouch on the tooth. That sucks. Since I'm doing clears, I think I'll just go straight tequila. Juice would just add those totally un-needed, pesky Vitamins.< /div>

God-forbid we get any extra vitamins! LOL!!

~Okay y'all! I hardly EVER drink anymore! I'm too paranoid about the extra calories! Yet, y'all lose well and I'm such a slow loser that it just freaks me out! I drank some wine the other night, from the open bottle in the fridge! Just a few sips! I was afraid to get a GLASS!!!!! I also worry about any drinking when I'm home alone with DD in case something happens and I've either gotta drive, be up with her during the night or whatever. Drinking and sleep go really well together for me! Okay, so I'm REALLY paranoid! LOL! Suggestions? Advice? Do you just not worry about the calories? I'm seriously asking!

~Got some okra in our veggie box this week. Have NO clue what to do with it! I've never had it before, that I know of! I got on food network's website and found a chicken and sausage gumbo that'll use most of it. Sounds yummy! Headed to the grocery store tomorrow to get what I need for it and some other dinners for the week. Going to use the rest of it in a okra/tomato dish I also found on their site too. Hope I like okra!

~Accidentally made a FABULOUS dinner tonight! Last night DD and I had a package of mini cheese ravioli. You know the fresh Pasta in the plastic containers? Anyway, we had lots left-over, of course. All I do is spray some butter on it and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Throw on some steamed broccoli once in awhile, if we have it. Yumm! Sooo, in order to use it and do something different, in a large pan I sauteed up a small yellow onion, 4 cloves of garlic, small zucchini, part of a red bell pepper, small japanese eggplant and an heirloom Tomato, all chopped. Little olive oil, salt and pepper. The oil and the juice from the tomato helped make a little "sauce." Added the leftover ravioli to heat thru. Sprinkled a little parm cheese on top and OH MY!!! I actually stuffed myself a little b/c it was so damn good! Here I was just trying to change things up a little and get some veggies in and came out with this wonderful thing! I love it when that happens!

~I hope y'all have a great weekend! TTFN!

Edited by heartfire
minor changes b/c yes, I'm that AR!!!

Heartfire - I know I joke about it all the time - but I really don't drink that often. My friends always joke that when I do - I DO (but they really just like to make fun that it's always girlie drinks)

As far as calories - because I usually know if a drinking night is coming - I just try to eat light that day and maybe the next. Mostly though - sometimes I figure it's moderation (sometimes) and still doing things I enjoy - end of the day calories in - calories out - get my ass out on the trail!

Ouch on the tooth. That sucks. Since I'm doing clears, I think I'll just go straight tequila. juice would just add those totally un-needed, pesky Vitamins.< /div>

There is the SPIRIT! :o

Hi guys..

When I first started this Seasonale I even hated myself Shon. It gets better! It is all those damn hormones!

.........ok?

Poor thing! How are you supposed to handle a root canal dry? I would be downing a fifth by the minute. I hate the dentist. Good luck!

Hello all, I am sorry I haven't been able to update ya'll but I no longer have internet.

I am going to read a few post after I post this.

They had trouble with the biopsy. They could only stick me 1 time. My muscle is in front of my thyroid and it made it very difficult to get it. I spoke with the Dr. last night. I have abnormal cells. But don't know if it is cancer or not. He is setting the surgery up for Sept. 4th. When he takes out the 1 he is going to have it biopsied right then. If it is cancerous then he will remove the other thyroid. Bweing a cancer survivor I deffinetly have my concerns.

My DBIL is still in SICU. They are going to put a trach (sp) in this week. When they removed him from the (drats I forgot what it's called) breathing tube thingy, he took a nose dive again. he was only off of it for 1 1/2 hrs. The Dr. said he will be in there for quite a while.

Update on newest addition to the family. My DD had her first OBGYN appointment yesterday. Due date is March 17th. We got to hear the heart beat! I am already in love with the newest member. It was just the shock of finding out that blew me away!

I don't mind not having a phone so much. But my word I miss the internet! I miss not talking to ya'll every day. I have got to get it back some how.

So I pray you are all doing good. After I read some I will post more. Love you all.:thumbup:

It's my AngelBaby's birthday today (she's 28!!) and last night I had a "surprise shopping party" for her. It was at a local fancy boutique, where you can book the shop for the night, invite about 8-12 people, they put on champagne and strawberries, give everyone a 10% discount, plus the host gets 10% of the total sales as an additional discount and everyone gets a free gift if they purchase something. The stuff in this boutique is absolutely gorgeous - clothing in all sizes and styles, fabulous jewellery, handbags, purses and hats... I could buy everything on their floor! The gifts were amazing too - mostly earrings that were retailing at around $30 a pair, and each one chosen specially by the staff to match what the person bought...

I bought my daughter some exquisite shoes (she's going to take a photo with her phone and send it to me soon - I'll post it when she does); and bought myself a hot new dress! This is the first dress I've worn (except for my daughter's wedding 7 years ago) in over 20 years!! Excuse the messy hair and unflattering face pic but I love the dress...

[ATTACH]17456[/ATTACH]

I want a party like that! It sounds wonderful Fanny. What a great mom you are! You look so hot in that red dress!

That made me snort Diet Dr. Pepper all over my computer!!! I love the mushrooms, I would say to hell with the tree, and grow the shrooms!!! They are hilarious!!!!

I agree!

Can't you just see marketing them as divorce plant gifts or something!!! LOVE IT!!!!!!!

What a great idea!

! :ohmy:Lose my balance and hit the ground hard. Roll over on my back and start laughing because I can't believe that just happened! Finally get my old ass up off the ground and climb on and finish my ride.

What are the odds of that! My left shoulder is killing me, my right hip is sore, I spurred my left leg with my right spur, I have a bruise on my right thigh from catching the horn on the way off and somehow I have a cut and bruise on my nose! Go figure.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

I am glad your not hurt any worse than that!

I was hoping G4E would have found a way to check in by now. I'm worried about her. She was having her biopsy Monday, so I was hoping we'd have word by now. And an update on her BIL.

Lots of prayers for both of them.

I want to thank you and everyone else for your concern.

KC, I never heard...what is the lush slush for the weekend? My pre-op starts Sat. morning. I NEED to know so I can stock up :thumbup:. Vodka, white rum, anything clear will work for me.

TPG

I will be thinking about your up comming banding. You will do fine.

BBK..congrats on the 3 yr. bandaversary.