Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

so, i'm reminded of that scene from the 'war of the roses' where the kathleen turner character turns on every appliance and goes to bed.

i would escalate that to include loud music, dogs barking, and sneak his cell phone to go off on the 15min mark - EVERY 15mins.

i would also gather every small child i could over to babysit (i don't do kids mind ya)..... i could keep going:)

Note to self: Never get Lulu mad at me - she may be tiny but she's got a temper and a twisted evil side!!!

Note to self: Never get Lulu mad at me - she may be tiny but she's got a temper and a twisted evil side!!!

HA - :laugh:

i didn't even list off the good stuff:):cursing:

PJTP...Checking in on a Friday afternoon - it's been a good day so far. Went online job hunting, in the past 3 days, I've applied for about 10 jobs. One at the hospital about 2 miles from my home, 1 at a tech company about 5 miles from my home, three at the Coast Guard Academy nearby (used to work there years ago, still have contacts there :laugh:) and 5 on a site that handles civilian jobs for the Navy and Marine Corp. Think having a retired Navy hubby will help? :cursing:

Been a strange eating day, though...had grits and raisins for Breakfast (think hot cereal), then had an Angus burger with bacon and cheese for lunch (only 1/2 the bun). Planning on a Protein Drink for dinner - I KNOW I'm probably over on calories for the day, certainly over on fat. Gonna get on the rowing machine tonight to try and burn some of this off...

Catching up...

I am really hate this for you Ebony.

Yah - me too, Slim! Almost EVERYTHING they put in the last reprimand letter I disputed. When I get back to work on Tuesday, I'm filing a grievance. This is just ridiculous. I want the reprimand off my record and my two days of back pay...I'm through being Ms. Nice Girl...

PJTP - Thought my eye felt a little 'funny'...looked in the mirror and my eye is partially closed, the eyelid is flaming red and swollen. Methinks there may be a problem here!

Well, you've found out the reason...pink eye AND a stye? Boy, Tap, when you do it, you do it right! Hope all is better soon - and keep working on the eye drops - you'll get them in!

Something is very rotten in Denmark!! That just sucks!! So the suspension is tomorrow and Monday? I know you have a plan and will work it to it's best advantage but still. *&^$#!!

Yep - Friday and Monday...worked my plan today to apply for a bunch of new jobs. Will probably do the same on Monday - see what else is out there...

Where I worked until March we had a girl that we were trying to get rid of because she was causing all kinds of conflict with every department in the company -- we only had 20 people in this location & 40 people total and only one or two liked her and they were sleeping with her..... We ended up just laying her off in the first round of layoffs, course her boss said she would be the first one re-hired. So glad I am not there anymore!! I was HR and the Accounting Manager and I VOLUNTEERED to be laid off. They were doing things I didn't agree with ethically.

Yikes! Sounds like you are MUCH better off being out of there! :party:

~Ebony, I'm speechless! Where do these people get off? Absolute crap. They are now TRYING to dig stuff up to put in your file! :biggrin:

That's my take on it too, Heartfire...but this time it's going to backfire on them. I'm filing a grievance on Tuesday - and I really don't give a rat's a** what they think.

~Beth, I'm sorry about DH. I hope he can get his butt in gear and soon. And as far as a job being handed to him, sounds like a few have been close to that and he's let the door shut. Unbelievable! I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to deal with this mess again.

Definately!

~Suzy, hope you stop itching soon!

What she said!

~Hi to everyone! Hi!

~PJTP: my step-sister just had her baby girl! I have NO details yet other than everyone was doing fine.

Awww...love baby girls! And baby boys...just babies in general!

No offense taken. I feel the same way. It's bad when I see myself as having more testosterone than he does. I wasn't always this bull in a china shop personality. It's come about, I believe, in part because he is a wuss and ONE of us needs to steer this thing... :huh2:

That is just amazing...I cannot even imagine how crazy that makes you...I am kinda the same personality (I think it's why I relate to you so much). While my H was on his deployments with the Navy, I had to run the show. His 1st wife messed it up so much that I was determined NOT to let that happen, and figured out I LIKE being in charge. When he came home it was tough to step back. It's been a while now, since he retired, but I still on occasion have to remind myself that I need to step back and let him handle some stuff - or hang himself if he isn't prepared. Sometimes ya gotta make sure things get done, but sometimes ya gotta let them fall...just make sure YOU are taken care of...and I hope he wakes up soon!

Ebony - wow. Granted, not the two WEEK suspension you anticipated, but who the hell gets written up for things they DON'T know??? And where was your rep during THAT bullcrap?? If she was there, she's as useless as tits on a bull. :waytogo:

She wasn't there - had called out sick the last couple of days. It doesn't really matter - I've decided to file a grievance based on this last letter and see what happens. They want me to walk on eggshells, well let's see how THEY like it. I've got enough personal anecdotes about their crap that they will regret pissing me off...just about everything they hit me with can be refuted - a lot of it is just my Mgr trying to dig up stuff on me...we'll see how far THAT flies when I get done with them.

For the well-wishes - thanks. I'm trying to deal, but yeah, not gonna hang around this time. I had CHURCH LADIES last time tell me they would have left him after a year of that crap had it been them. That oughtta tell you something.

When the Church Ladies tell you it's time to go...ya really got love somebody to hang in there. Prayers for ya, girlfriend, that everything works out for the best for YOU. I have a good friend at work going through something very similar. She's given him until December to get his act together or she'll start the new year as a single woman...she's got a good job and is paying all the bills, so she can make sure she keeps a roof over her and her kids' heads (3 kids under 10) but she's really tired of him right now...

I am another really lucky wife here, my DH has ALWAYS provided well for us. I went to work when I did, as a proactive move with the lay offs looming. It allowed us to pay down some debt, pay off our car, and eliminate some payments, just in case he does end up on unemployment. He has resume's out---and an interview on tap. Fingers crossed.

Prayers going up for your DH, Kat - that the interview goes very well, they see his enormous potential and talent, and he's got a new, wonderful gig very soon!

My best friend has ALWAYS had to be the bread winner. Her DH---is a nice guy---but as lazy as the day is long! He works for awhile, and gets hurt. Then has to wait out the injury. He DID get hurt the last time, unintentionally, he actually seemed to be liking that job. But he milked that for years! Then bragged it up that he had a settlement of over $100K. Uhhhh yeah I told him, but how many years did it take? 5? That means it was worth 20 grand a year?

I really don't understand folks like that...what he recovered is NOT worth the pain and suffering his FAMILY went through!

Meanwhile my friend works steady, has been at her current job for a dozen years---same with the one before that....while he does crap! He does not cook and clean while he is at home, she has to take care of the house too. He hurts too bad to work, but he can hunt and fish (although hunters like him are how vegetarians came to be)---and he can ride a motorcycle, but loading the DW hurts his neck. Yeah, my a$$!!!

Okay, that's just WRONG...and if he got a settlement that includes a disability portion, they find out he's riding motorcycles, he might get into trouble...

DH knows I would have kicked him out years back! If I was going to do it alone, I'd damn sure DO IT ALONE!

I can totally understand where you are at Beth, and I would imagine all that time, allows for the other old problems to rear their ugly heads---with all the computer time.

So sorry you are dealing with such crap!

What Kat said...((hugs)) Beth!

Ebony----are you documenting all this? With responses to the allegations, that are not listened to in the meetings??? I would, and you know there are REASONS some people file harrassment lawsuits or discrimination lawsuits---there ARE people who abuse the right, but there are people who deserve to be treated fair and you are NOT being!

You and I are on the same page, girlfriend...I'm documenting like crazy right now - and it's going on a USB drive that I'll keep with me at all times.

In the meantime, enjoy your time off!

Oh, Definately! :biggrin:

Drive by posting...HELLO! Tap hope your eye is better, Ebony That place is getting weirder and weirder. Sorry your going thru this crap! Beth, sorry your having hubby problems again. I just skimmed this. I am hoping I can spend the day here tomorrow and actually read all postings. I love ya'll and my prayers are with you all!:wub:

Nice to see you here, G4E! Miss ya a whole bunch! :wub:

*ebony, reading your post sounds like your work w/a HS mentality of management. really suspension?, goes on your permanent record? - as professional as they may want to appear, they certainly are not.

Yep, that about sums it up...yes, the letter goes into my record, as does the suspension, but I'm filing a grievance to have it removed / reversed and get my two days pay back. 75% of what was in the letter is pure crap...and they knew it. They felt like they HAD to defend her, because she wasn't even there for the meeting, but we'll see how far they will defend her when I file...I bet they throw her under the bus...

they are hoping you get pissed enough to quit - do you have a dress code? cause i'd wear my yoga pants & running shoes and have a hell of a walk during lunch if i were you.

I don't know if there is a printed dress code, but I'm willing to bet that at least part of this has to do with HER and her insecurity. If she thinks she's intimidated by me now, just wait...I know how to make people really uncomfortable without breaking ANY rules or regs - I'm a past master at it, was taught by the best (My Mom) and Mgr has no freakin' idea what she's in for...she's done enough dirt in that office that I'm going to have her lookin' over her shoulder non-stop.

She was conducting a little flirtation with one of the students in the current MBA class - as she is the Deputy Director of Admissions, what do you want to bet that is against the ethical rules of the school? Could THAT have had anything to do with his scholarships? Inquiring minds want to know...:party:

Well I've got homework to do (reading) so I'll sign off for now, but I'll certainly BBL! :wub:

Wow, sounds like you gals have had one hell of a week. I'm so sorry, Ebony. My fingers are crossed that one of your interviews comes through. Beth, hubby needs to get off his ass. Sorry, no other solution there. Lulu, have fun with the company. Brandy, yep, Friday here too! G4E, good to "see" you even briefly. Tap, ouch. You'll get the hang of the drops....eventually. Slim, hope the braces get better soon. Kat, for dry hands try a lotion bar. No mess and hands stay soft even thru washing.

I'm sure I missed something and somebody. Sorry :laugh:. I just can't get the hang of the multi-quote dealie.

I rec'd my psych eval. I'm not nuts :cursing:. The jerk did use the words "excessive weight" which I found a bit ugly. I could tell he was anti-fat from the get-go. He also said I said that I didn't stick with exercising. We never discussed exercise. At all. And why am I in the pool every day? Or on the treadmill or elliptical? What about Yoga? Idiot. But, I PASSED! Paperwork goes in on Mon and the waiting begins. Again. With Medicaid things move very slowly. Crap. :biggrin:

Take care of yourselves! I hope this weekend brings you all some pleasure and relaxation. I think y'all need it!:biggrin:

TTFN

Edited by ThePoolGirl
i'm stooopid still

Yah - me too, Slim! Almost EVERYTHING they put in the last reprimand letter I disputed. When I get back to work on Tuesday, I'm filing a grievance. This is just ridiculous. I want the reprimand off my record and my two days of back pay...I'm through being Ms. Nice Girl...

<snip>

She wasn't there - had called out sick the last couple of days. It doesn't really matter - I've decided to file a grievance based on this last letter and see what happens. They want me to walk on eggshells, well let's see how THEY like it. I've got enough personal anecdotes about their crap that they will regret pissing me off...just about everything they hit me with can be refuted - a lot of it is just my Mgr trying to dig up stuff on me...we'll see how far THAT flies when I get done with them.

GOOD!!!! I mean, what the hell do you have to lose?? If anything, it shows that you weren't just sitting back like a scolded child who really WAS messing up.

For somebody to personally go after you like this manager has done shows malice, harassment, and unethical behavior to say the very LEAST.

Fact is, you don't know that she hasn't done this before. It's about time something goes on THEIR record! If you can't find protection from anybody there, then what good are they? I don't mean just patting your hand if/when you do something wrong, I mean legitimate protection from somebody who is acting unethically towards you when you have done nothing truly wrong or they are simply digging for things OR setting you up to fail (no explanations on how to do things, for instance) so that they can use that against you.

I would imagine, if you have all your ducks in a row, you could file a suit against these people.

Being crazy would have answered so many unanswered questions.... I always hope I'm adopted too...It would explain so much! :laugh:

I rec'd my psych eval. I'm not nuts :cursing:.

Take care of yourselves! I hope this weekend brings you all some pleasure and relaxation. I think y'all need it!

Was the test rigged?:laugh:

I think we all need something!

And the winner in the 'Diagnosis by LBT PJTP posters is......' It was a tie. I have both a sty and conjunctivitis.

Ugh, so sorry! I'm NOT medical but a former co-worker's doctor told him to stave off stys by taking a little Shampoo from one's head and wash around one's eyes. I believe a sty is a clogged pore so the shampoo is supposed to help with that. FYI

How about - deadline to grow a pair??

BAhahahaha! Don't you sometimes think that women are truly the ones with "balls"?

Taps, you are much too smart to have just figured this out today!!! She's nutters!!! (luv u, Lu!)

I rec'd my psych eval. I'm not nuts :laugh:. The jerk did use the words "excessive weight" which I found a bit ugly. I could tell he was anti-fat from the get-go. He also said I said that I didn't stick with exercising. We never discussed exercise. At all. And why am I in the pool every day? Or on the treadmill or elliptical? What about Yoga? Idiot. But, I PASSED! Paperwork goes in on Mon and the waiting begins. Again. With Medicaid things move very slowly. Crap.

So did ya tell him to kiss your big ass? Just a thought! Hell tell him to kiss MY big ass!

Ebony - I thought about you today at work. Have you ever heard of the singer, Syleena Johnson? I listen to pandora.com at work and heard her song "Guess What" today. The lyrics for the hook from pandora. com:

Wanna play the boss, guess what

You got to pay the cost, sho' 'nuff

You wanna wear the pants, guess what

You got to be a man, sho' 'nuff

Hangin' out with your friends, guess what

Don't watch what time you come in, sho' 'nuff

Don't wanna pay the pills, guess what

I know somebody who will, sho' 'nuff, listen

There was just something about the song (that I've heard numerous times) made me want to sing it to your H in your defense! Of course, the lyrics don't translate terrible well and she sings much better than I type. Ha!

Edited by SickNTired

Lulu - you wanted to see the fish...Well, here is one of them, and the bubbles. There's another fish with similar bubbles. Pink fish. Pink bubbles.

post-232159-13813138706839_thumb.jpg

Tap-those look exactly like I pictured. How cute! I couldn't ever put that on a wall though. I remember seeing something similar in my grandmother's bathroom when I was little.

Lulu - you wanted to see the fish...Well, here is one of them, and the bubbles. There's another fish with similar bubbles. Pink fish. Pink bubbles.

Oh my, that's just as awful as I suspected. :laugh:

is it wrong that i love those fish?

very cute; better than the HUGE wooden spoons i got from my great aunt.