Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

It was one truckload of posts I had to read to catch up! I'm sure I missed some topics, but think I hit most of them.

big smile crossed my face seeing you post again.

so glad your back~!!!!!!!!!!!

I can 2nd that for Lu I had to listen to her complain about your lack of presence!!!

Jk - Missed ya Tap.

PJTP...

YAY! Tap's Back! :biggrin::w00t::blushing:

Missed ya, girlfriend...don't leave us again! :biggrin:

PJTS (posting just to say) – hi!

For those who missed me, thanks, I missed you too.

You were missed so much!

Holy Crap it's TAP and that's quite a post rofl

Isn't it great?!?!:blushing:

It was one truckload of posts I had to read to catch up! I'm sure I missed some topics, but think I hit most of them.

You did an excellent job.:biggrin:

I think you got quite the umbrella of posts on there.... were all trainwrecks haha

Ain't that the truth!

Big smile and a tear.:biggrin:

I can 2nd that for Lu I had to listen to her complain about your lack of presence!!!

Jk - Missed ya Tap.

We really did miss you tap!

Heartfire-don't wait too long with being too tight. I hope you feel better soon.

PJTP-I am going to have some me time today. Or at least I hope I am. DH and DS will be gone. My only problem will be my own mom. I love her, but she doesn't understand that on my off day, I really just want to veg. I volunteered to work 3rd shift tomorrow (tonight) so I plan to veg all day. I hope everyone has an awesome Monday!:biggrin: I am sure I will be on here all day so don't be surpised if you see multiple posts. Sorry.:biggrin:

Thanks, Slim. I won't let it go too long. I promise! :blushing:

I hope you have a FANTASTIC day all by yourself! As for mom, flat out tell her you need a day by yourself! BEing a mom, she should understand! My mom keeps telling me to find MORE!

yes michelle, got a new pup on friday...2 wks after having put down my golden.

she was found wandering the neighborhood for a wk - starved & covered in fleas.

we think she was dumped because no one was looking for her / no chip etc......so she's mine.

here is a pic of her - goose is her name.

Oh Lu! She's ADORABLE!! I love her name too. How did that come about? If you hadn't taken her, I would have! Current DDog would just have to deal! LOL!

HeartFire, hope you start feeling well SOON! :blushing:

Thanks, Beth. I had some hot tea this AM and then about 9:30/10 had some hot Cereal. It went down okay but I couldn't finish it. Unusual!

I'll take it very slow today. I may try more substantial food later just to see how it might go... maybe. I have marinated portabella mushrooms and broccoli on the menu for tonight so we'll see if that's what I'm having or if it's Soup again!

What I don't understand the violent vomiting nearly 1/2 an hour later! That is what kinda scares me a little. :biggrin:

Tappity Tap - you back you back - I'm so excited - You back You back! (imagine little kid jumpingup and down as they are desperately trying to stay awake - THAT'S ME!)

Now don't go away!

Alright kids - I'm pretending to be awake - got much to do - just taking quick timeout to say hi you peeps!

Jk - Missed ya Tap.

PJTP...

YAY! Tap's Back! :biggrin::w00t::blushing:

Missed ya, girlfriend...don't leave us again! :biggrin:

thanks all. I missed you - you have NO idea how much. But I just wasn't in the right 'space' so to speak. I'm back...plus of course a few extra pounds...:biggrin::wub:.

I love her name too. How did that come about? !

we were having martinis w/a certain vodka & DH decided that's what she should be called.

probably all wrong - but it suits her.

SO glad to get my morning taps/slim chit chat back.

i'm usually up right after them and have missed their quips:)

Kat, I'm glad DGD seems to be feeling okay today. I would seriously think about putting a maxi pad in her bathing suit next time she's going to be wearing a life vest! And I'm really NOT joking about that! It would stick to the suit so it would stay in place and it would pad her poor little private parts and keep them from getting raw and causing damage.

As long as your DD knows what she's doing and is within her rights, I say go for it! She sounds like a smart cookie! I'm glad she's taking DD to the doc. That sunburn could get nasty. blistering is 3rd degree burns, if I'm not mistaken. And no carseat, is just WRONG! I don't know how I missed that but I was pretty wound up over your post so no wonder, I guess! :biggrin:

Give your DGD a hug for me when you see her!

Okay, TOTAL scale victory: Decided to get on the scale today just to see how things were going (took everybody's advice and did NOT get on it before starting the pouch test), and I'm at my low, 227.5, again!! And I'm only on day 3/5 of the test -- I say 3/5 because it SHOULD have been my final day, but because I had that dinner on Friday, I started over again on Saturday. :blushing: VERY happy!! I have no idea how much I gained while away, but it was nothing but carbs -- pastas, candy, ICE CREAM, chips... it never ended.

Whoo Hoo!!!!!!! WTG!!! I don't know how y'all can stay off of the scale! I'm on it before I go to bed, first thing in the AM and usually during the day at some point, or two and sometimes in the middle of the night! Doesn't help that it sits right next to the toilet!

And... school starts for me today! Don't know yet if I'm excited or scared sh*tless. :biggrin: I'll be taking my computer with me because my Mondays are kinda jacked up -- one class from 1:20 to 4:00, then the next one from 7:20 to 10:00! Ugh... Gots-ta have something for me to do, so I'll check in.

Well, I'm excited for you! I so admire you and Ebony for going to school!

Omg, I've gotta add: Y'all remember hubby had surgery. Well, it was doc's orders that he not smoke to help with healing. So before hubby got home, I hid all his cigarettes AND his truck keys so he wouldn't leave and go get some. Actually he's been doing pretty well -- externally. In other words, he hasn't complained much and has not been bitchy with me. However, every once in a while, especially yesterday, he was like this sad little boy, saying how hard it is for him, he really wants a cigarette, and he's not dealing well with it. He finally asked me last night for one cigarette, promised he wouldn't light it, because he needed the hand-to-mouth. I suggested he just eat some chips and dip (he hasn't been eating tons since getting home). Said he didn't want food.< /p>

I said I understood how he's suffering, but what if, upon coming home from my band surgery, I said I just wanted to hold and smell a burger, would he do it? Or, in correlation to him wanting to smoke "just one," would he have given me a burger to eat? He said if I really wanted it, yes. WHAT? lol I said he'd be stupid to do so, but of course his answer just suited his purpose.

I recommended rolling up some paper or using a pencil or something. So... he grabs a straw, plugs one end with cotton, and I could see him downstairs when I went up to bed, sitting here sucking on that damn straw. It was so pathetic, but I was laughing because it looked so sad and silly. I'm not sadistic, and my reaction wasn't that... I just wish you could have seen.

Poor DH! That is kinda funny in a sad way. I feel bad for him. Maybe if he can manage to stay off long enough he could quit! How's he feeling?

Oh and hey! Do you remember when you were going to be getting out of school next June? Ebony suggested the last weekend in June for the meet up. Would that work for you?

I'm not sure I'd be able to go now what with our finances but I'm still going to try. I'll have DH put in for the vacation and I'll just have to see what things look like when we get closer.

PJTP - good morning!

Went to San Antonio this past weekend. Gained 3 pounds!!! I wasn't even THAT bad, but DH said it was probably the drinks we had.

Ahh...the drinks!!!! I'm not a fan of Watermelon, but watermelon mojitos - I'd have given it TWO THUMBS UP if I could have. As it was, one hand was clinched tightly around the drink while the other was waving the waiter down for another! LOL

So...slimfast today, gym tonight and hopefully back on track the rest of the week!

Happy Monday, all...

Hi Glouc! Sorry about the gain and DH is probably right! BUT how WAS your weekend! You didn't say! Or is it more like you don't really REMEMBER? LOL!

Have a great day!