Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Good evening all! :wub:

Faith is doing good! } I AM SO HAPPY TO BE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL! :blink: She is too!

So glad to hear that Faith is home! You had quite the ordeal! I hope that she is feeling better and both of you can get some rest tonight!

BBK-I am so glad that Faith is home and doing good.

I hope everyone had a great Saturday.

Good night!

Wow!! I went out of town for 24 hours and look what happens -- Carlene -- OMG.

BBK -- Glad Faith is better and that you both are home now.

With my upcoming gallbladder surgery, I asked my parents if they might want to come visit (after all it has been 18 months since they came here). Mom said they would talk about it, but if they decided not to, I would be fine. Yeah, but thanks for your concern..... I guess that's what I get for telling them I didn't need them to come down last year when I was banded. I just didn't want to make a big deal about it. They usually visit twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, so I thought their visit could wait until later.....little did I know it would be so long. Aren't families fun??

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!

Okay, well I just started the 5-day pouch test all over again. Wasn't sure what to do since I only screwed up with one meal, but figured it would be safer to just start over. So... two more days of liquids (starting today). Yay. :wub:

Wow!! I went out of town for 24 hours and look what happens -- Carlene -- OMG.

BBK -- Glad Faith is better and that you both are home now.

With my upcoming gallbladder surgery, I asked my parents if they might want to come visit (after all it has been 18 months since they came here). Mom said they would talk about it, but if they decided not to, I would be fine. Yeah, but thanks for your concern..... I guess that's what I get for telling them I didn't need them to come down last year when I was banded. I just didn't want to make a big deal about it. They usually visit twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, so I thought their visit could wait until later.....little did I know it would be so long. Aren't families fun??

Hmmmm.....I thought it was just my family! My parents choose not to come see Faith the entire time she was there EVEN after she cried and asked them to come.....and then went on a last minute vacation.....niiiiiccceeeee hu? I personally could do without my family. Wrote a letter to them both and it was HARSH....BAD BAD BAD. Told them the truth that my kids never wanted to see them again (which they said themselves)

Hubby's mom called today to check on him. Mind you, his surgery was Tuesday and never once did they call until today about 2:00 to check on him, and his mom said they were getting "so worried" since they hadn't heard anything. Um, phone works both ways. And frankly, there's no love lost between me and them, so I wasn't calling them. Bitchy, I know, but there is a long, ugly history there that has been caused and been fueled by his mother and apparently supported by his father cuz he's been whipped.

I deal with family drama....but lack of attention to us or our children is never an issue!

When my granddaughter was in the hospital, it was as someone else pointed out---the room HAD to be cleared on a regular basis! It was a strange time, but it made life easier in the long run. My DD and her boyfriend were there with my DGD, and her ex husband was there with his new GF. And they all made it work. The ONLY family to never show up, and he also never showed up or called when my DD was in with the infection that was so bad was her father. He really, truly is worthless!

Family is such a wierd thing, too much---too little---finding a happy medium is HARD!! I know I look at what I deal with, and make a serious effort to be a decent MIL.

We had a nice, lazy kind of day. Went riding (horseback) this morning for awhile, then later we took the bike in to the next town over and had seafood for dinner. And I was not at work, so it was a good day!!!

Well I am off to slide between the sheets-----no alarm in the morning....life is good!

I'm looking into a new surgeon this coming week. Hopefully I'll like him and we can get going on a new surgery date. I really was having bad feelings about the other guy. This time, if I hear warning bells, I'll listen. My fingers are crossed that I don't have to repeat all the pre-op tests. It would be kinda dumb. I just did them all on 8/3. I just want to get going. I hate waiting around.

Hope you all are having a good weekend. An old friend says to say hey to all of you and he's thinking about ya. This friend shall remain nameless...at least for the next 2 months.

TPG

Hope your tummy feels better soon!

Best wishes with the new surgeon! Every time I don't listen to my gut, I end up regretting it!

Say hi to our old friend for me! Friend is missed! :blink:

Good evening all! :thumbup:

Faith is doing good! } I AM SO HAPPY TO BE OUT OF THE HOSPITAL! :thumbup: She is too!

SO glad Faith is home now!! May I ask what her surgery was for? I thought she was just sick and home after the ER thing but then it escalated, is she going to be alright? Poor little bug!

Oh. Nice! Sorry about the folks! That's nuts.

Okay, well I just started the 5-day pouch test all over again. Wasn't sure what to do since I only screwed up with one meal, but figured it would be safer to just start over. So... two more days of liquids (starting today). Yay. :mad:

I'm sorry you had to start over but it was probably for the best. I'm also sorry I was no help! I can't even get thru the think myself, I'm the last person who should be trying to help with that one!

Hmmmm.....I thought it was just my family! My parents choose not to come see Faith the entire time she was there EVEN after she cried and asked them to come.....and then went on a last minute vacation.....niiiiiccceeeee hu? I personally could do without my family. Wrote a letter to them both and it was HARSH....BAD BAD BAD. Told them the truth that my kids never wanted to see them again (which they said themselves)

Well, ya just KNOW your mom is going to fall apart over that one and it's going to be all YOUR fault! It's NEVER hers! :wub: Your mom needs to grow up! Sorry!

Hubby's mom called today to check on him. Mind you, his surgery was Tuesday and never once did they call until today about 2:00 to check on him, and his mom said they were getting "so worried" since they hadn't heard anything. Um, phone works both ways. And frankly, there's no love lost between me and them, so I wasn't calling them. Bitchy, I know, but there is a long, ugly history there that has been caused and been fueled by his mother and apparently supported by his father cuz he's been whipped.

About damn time! Sheesh!

We had a nice, lazy kind of day. Went riding (horseback) this morning for awhile, then later we took the bike in to the next town over and had seafood for dinner. And I was not at work, so it was a good day!!!

Well I am off to slide between the sheets-----no alarm in the morning....life is good!

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Enjoy sleeping in!

'Night y'all!

Morning everyone! I hope that everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

****rant alert****

I really hate my MIL. GRRRRRR

***end rant***

Edited by *slim*

It was my 2nd granddaughter's 4th birthday last week and we had the party yesterday (Sunday). The theme was "Pirates and Fairies" and I talked Chris into dressing up for it!! :wub:

My honey and I:

Charlottesbirthday02-1.jpg

My adorable #2 granddaughter (Charlotte Ashleigh):

BirthdayParty01.jpg

My adorable #1 granddaughter (Kayla Rose):

CharlottesBirthday01.jpg

fanny - your granddaughters are precious!

slim - you erased your msg again. read it on the treadmill this am, and it's not there now....:)

sad for your son!

tpg - say hi to your friend!

2 month time out????? wow -

in new puppy mode - she ate my notebook power cord yesterday & have said NO about a million times.

she still rocks & puppy breath beats any candy:)

Morning everyone! I hope that everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

****rant alert****

I really hate my MIL. GRRRRRR

***end rant***

I hope you have a wonderful day! Rant noted!

It was my 2nd granddaughter's 4th birthday last week and we had the party yesterday (Sunday). The theme was "Pirates and Fairies" and I talked Chris into dressing up for it!! :wink2:

Looks like a very, very fun party! You look awesome and the grandkids are sooo cute! I could never get DH to dress up, I would, but he wouldn't!

PJTP: Anybody heard from Ebony? Hope she is doing okay, Friday was not a good one for her.

I had a great run this morning. We went 5.5 miles and I was motoring right along and even passed the middle of the pack coach who was running with a couple of gals I have not been able to catch before. I am really looking forward to the 10K in two weeks. I know I won't win any awards, but I know I can run the race!:)

Trying to put off thinking about school tomorrow morning - ugh! This has been one of the best summer's I have had in a long time. I used to spend the summer sitting around the house and not doing much of anything, I had even stopped gardening. This summer I have been running, biking and hiking in places that I never thought I would see. I have been busy in the yard and I am even riding my horsie again. I really just want to stay home and keep playing!

Hope you all have a great day!