Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

I am a mess here in the hospital with Faith and pretty livid at the moment. My mom who claims to be such a good "grammy" has not been to the hospital to see her AT ALL. She chose to go on VACATION today and keeps calling me for updates....wtf?

Faith is really upset that they didn't come to see her, and what kid wouldn't for pete's sake she just had surgery. My mom and dad want everyone to "be a family" and fall at their feet but NEVER return the favor. How can you not be at the hospital when your grandkid has surgery?? Am I expecting too much?

Oh Brandy! I'm so sorry Faith is in the hospital again! I knew she was sick but what's up with the surgery thing? I thought y'all were home?

Prayers that she heals well and can get out of there soon.

Your mother... well I've never understood her and probably never will, same as you. Just take a deep breath, call her on it next time she brings the "family" thing up again and try to ignore her when you can.

I'm figuring that since you're at the hospital, there's no new news on the creepy-neighbor-dojo guy.

Hang in there. Lots of (((HUGS))) and prayers!

M

Sounds like she wants to be a family when it is convenient for her. That is too bad for Faith, she will remember that her grandparents didn't come and see her. Their loss!

Focus on her healing and getting out of that dang hospital with the super gross looking food!!!

BBK, so sorry to hear about Faith and your mom. :frown:

I wonder about people sometimes. Hubby had two disks replaced in hins neck on Tuesday and his folks haven't called once to check on him. MY mom, otoh, have called here every single day since surgery to check on him. :w00t:

PJTP: Okay I started the pouch test on Thursday, but I already have a question for those who have done it: Our neighbors invited us over for a last-minute dinner tonight, and I was on the second day of liquid Proteins. *sigh*

So... since I ate a regular meal, would you start the liquids over, or just continue on to day three?

I think I am having some weird head issues. I did put the scale away, very hard, but I am going to be strong.

The problem: I look at what other people eat and I think that I am pigging out. When I did see the doctor he said that I am not eating enough or not consistently eating three meals a day. I am feeling very frustrated, because I know that I am not eating a ton, at least not like pre-band, but I feel like I am.

Some of you had a good point, that I need to be giving my body more fuel for the exercise that I do. I get that, but how do I wrap my brain around it. I know that everyone is not the same, but I see so many people that are eating 1/4 cup of food per meal and I can eat way more than that!

I know that this is rambling, but I am frustrated and not sure how to state my challenge. I just needed to get it off my chest to someone, anyone that could understand. My family just looks at me blankly, as they have no clue what I am going through.

Oh Beth, I have no idea. I think maybe do liquids for b-fast and then move onto day 3? I don't know if that even makes sense. Sorry no help! And I am trying to help! :w00t: LOL!

I've never made it very far with the 5-day. :frown:

That sucks about DH's own mom. I don't understand people either. :lol:

Kudos to your mom! That is really great of her! What a nice mom you have!

I know my mom would be dropping everything to come down to be with me and her DGD at the hospital. Shoot, we'd have the whole damn family there (both sides)! I'd be kickin' people out!

~~~~~

PJTP: Getting our propane tank switched out to a new company next week. Made the move on it today. The new company is .42 cents cheaper per gallon (market price, fluctuates like gas does) than our current company! :tt1: When you're getting a couple of hundred gallons with each fill of the tank, that adds up! It's a good $80+ difference just for one fill! And with our first fill we're actually going to save more than that.

Current company - $1.63 per gallon

New company - $1.21 per gallon

First fill special - $1.14 per gallon!!

We usually only fill the tank once a year b/c we mostly use wood to heat with. Other than the furnace the only thing on propane is the dryer and it doesn't use much. Someday I hope to get a gas stove/oven for my kitchen so then we'll use more but it's so much cheaper than electricity!

Not much else going on. I like it that way! LOL!

Hope y'all have a good night!

I think I am having some weird head issues. I did put the scale away, very hard, but I am going to be strong.

The problem: I look at what other people eat and I think that I am pigging out. When I did see the doctor he said that I am not eating enough or not consistently eating three meals a day. I am feeling very frustrated, because I know that I am not eating a ton, at least not like pre-band, but I feel like I am.

Some of you had a good point, that I need to be giving my body more fuel for the exercise that I do. I get that, but how do I wrap my brain around it. I know that everyone is not the same, but I see so many people that are eating 1/4 cup of food per meal and I can eat way more than that!

I know that this is rambling, but I am frustrated and not sure how to state my challenge. I just needed to get it off my chest to someone, anyone that could understand. My family just looks at me blankly, as they have no clue what I am going through.

Torky,

As you know, I'm the Great Un-Banded Wonder. I wish I had some experience with your situation but I don't. I'm here to listen to rants though. PM me if you want. You might want to read something to take your mind off this. See a post by Carlene..she's new :frown:.

Hang in there.

Kristen, my mom is doing the same thing. She barely eats 800 calories a day and is exercising like crazy and can't understand why she's not losing weight. I keep telling her that she needs to eat more and she just flips! If she eats what I think she should be eating, she thinks she's pigged out and shouldn't eat again for the day!

Part of her problem is that she gained about 15lbs this last winter b/c she had plastic surgery and had to stop exercising and then she was sick a lot of the remaining winter and still couldn't exercise. So that has completely freaked her out. She insists if she just stops eating, she'll lose the weight. So NOT true! But between my step-dad and I, we can't seem to get her to see it. A lot of it is still head issues from being fat her whole life. She is so afraid of going back "there" that she tends to go overboard the other way.

You know, Beth had a great idea a few weeks ago re: finding an eating disorder therapist. I'm thinking maybe it should be required to talk to one when you're going to the process for surgery. I know I need some help but it's a little out of reach for me right now.

I don't know how to help you but I wanted you to know that this isn't unusual. You aren't the only one!

Good for you for putting your scale away! I'm proud of you! I'm still contemplating taking mine up north with me! LOL!

Hang in there!

Kristen, my mom is doing the same thing. She barely eats 800 calories a day and is exercising like crazy and can't understand why she's not losing weight. I keep telling her that she needs to eat more and she just flips! If she eats what I think she should be eating, she thinks she's pigged out and shouldn't eat again for the day!

Part of her problem is that she gained about 15lbs this last winter b/c she had plastic surgery and had to stop exercising and then she was sick a lot of the remaining winter and still couldn't exercise. So that has completely freaked her out. She insists if she just stops eating, she'll lose the weight. So NOT true! But between my step-dad and I, we can't seem to get her to see it. A lot of it is still head issues from being fat her whole life. She is so afraid of going back "there" that she tends to go overboard the other way.

You know, Beth had a great idea a few weeks ago re: finding an eating disorder therapist. I'm thinking maybe it should be required to talk to one when you're going to the process for surgery. I know I need some help but it's a little out of reach for me right now.

I don't know how to help you but I wanted you to know that this isn't unusual. You aren't the only one!

Good for you for putting your scale away! I'm proud of you! I'm still contemplating taking mine up north with me! LOL!

Hang in there!

If you bring your scale I might just steal it and stand on it!:frown:

The doctor did say he would probably make a referral to see a psychologist on my next visit. Thought it was good to talk through the issues with someone that has some insight and can maybe give me some tools to work through some of my head issues with food.< /p>

See a post by Carlene..she's new :frown:.

Oh my! :w00t: Is she flippin' for real?!

And WTH is SRS surgery?

Okay off to do more reading.

If you bring your scale I might just steal it and stand on it!:w00t:

The doctor did say he would probably make a referral to see a psychologist on my next visit. Thought it was good to talk through the issues with someone that has some insight and can maybe give me some tools to work through some of my head issues with food.< /p>

LOL! Not gonna tell you if I bring it! I'm not going to be going against your doctor's orders!! :frown:

I think that's a great idea! Glad your doc mentioned it.

The problem: I look at what other people eat and I think that I am pigging out. .

your not - i can assure you !

i think allowing yourself to eat, eat well & larger than what you hear / see people here write (1.4c food @ a time) does take time. but honestly - a .25c of food is NOT how we should be eating, ESPECIALLY those who are very active - such as yourself.

when i kept my calories under 1000 - i stalled.

now i maintain eating between 1000-1500, depending on the day & my acitivity level. i know days i exercise hard, i can eat a side of beef.

re - charlene, that HH????

first jacket needed this AM when i stepped outside, LOVE it. have a good wkend all~

Where can I find the post by Charlene?

BBK praying that Faith is doing better.

TPG..what is going on with your Dr?

Thank you all so much. I miss you all really badley. I checked into getting just internet and it ranges from almost $60.00 up. I told them to forget it. I wanted the coupon price for $20.00. But that is if I get the package. Go jump in the lake! Thats what I thought. So untill I can find something in my price range I guess I will be without. I will have my DD update ya'll after the surgery. Sorry about 2 types of print, I am on a laptop. I am totally at a loss! lol

Hello everyone! Today is DGD's b-day she is 6. So I am able to be on the puter at DD house. The one that lives near me has had her internet shut off also. So I have to wait till I can go some where else to use it.

Update on DBIL. They put a trach in on Tues. Said he can't get another one (this is #2). Still in ICU. He might get to go to a room next week.

My surgery date has been changed to Sept 24th. He will be taking out all of the left thyroid. If it is non cancerous he won't touch the right side.

Ipray yall are well and getting jobs. Etc.....:frown:

Where can I find the post by Charlene?

Yes, please post a link. Inquiring minds would like to know.

Hi everyone! I hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend.