Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

PJTP...It's a beautiful Sunday morning and all's right in Ebony's world...:smile:

Went for a lovely walk this morning with DH and DDog - found a new route that includes some nice parts of my neighborhood I hadn't walked in a while, plus a hill near my house for the last push before coming home. My walking every day has paid off - I was able to keep ahead of my DH the entire way up the hill, though he usually walks faster than I do...Yay for me!

Car shopping yesterday was a bit frustrating...found out you don't forget how to drive a stick (5 speeds are fun) but that car dealers still have the 'hurry up and wait' mentality and it royally pisses me off.

I've been without car payments for over 10 years, and now I know why - I HATE working with car dealers! If the guy I'm seeing today doesn't change their normal way of operating, I'm gonna say 'forget it' and just save my money from now till the end of the year and buy something for cash. They've got some great deals on EBay...that way, somebody else can take the depreciation hit, not me!

Headed out to do some long-overdue weeding in the garden...everyone have a wonderful and blessed Sunday! :rolleyes:

freestyling~

*taps, i did make mini loafs - the zuc are on the "small" side, but have completely flowered. oh and i didn't mention garlic in the recps - but i don't cook w/out:):wink:

*kc, glad the lecture went great. i was in sales for 15yrs - so public speaking is what i did.....every now and then i'd get a case of the butterflies, depending on who my audience was. DH begs me on some days to go back, because he's tired of being my audience (talk to much) :wink2:

*burping, there are many days where i don't feel very ladylike - can / do burp like a man.:blink:

*snt, that was a long biscut post..:biggrin:

*g4e, have you tried like OTC meds: benedryl/melatonin?

exercise - maybe walking helps some as well.. my only sleep issues, is i can easily do 10hrs a night:rolleyes:

*car shopping - hate it, it's also against the law to buy a car on sundays in TX. all lots are closed, some may let you on to "look" but no transactions can take place. weird law still on the books.< /p>

**for the last 3yrs, i've been growing & planting wild flowers around our pond....finally they are coming through. been taking a bunch of pics:

~have a great sunday!

post-225434-13813138582591_thumb.jpg

Very pretty flower luluc. I have a question about the zucchini. When you sautee it with the garlic, olive oil, Tomato, and the Beans, do you slice it in rounds or strips? I bought everything including the shiritaki noodles. I plan to make that for my dinner either tonight or tomorrow.

Rant alert:

PJTP-everytime I think I am letting go of the MIL issues, DH does something to bring her back to my mind. First off, he had the nerve to call the car that he is paying for (and barely able to pay bills because of) her car! WTF?!?! Then he told me that she called yesterday wanting a cup of coffee. So now I can add short order restaurant to my list of things? He even went so far as to try to tell me to make her some coffee and tell her to come over this morning. I told him NO! I said my morning before work is MY time. I wish I wasn't such a freaking wimp! I would have said that I am not running a resaurant/hardware store/grocery store! I went home at lunch time to see that he had brewed a huge pot of coffee (just in case she calls to ask for a cup, I guess). I questioned the huge pot, but he couldn't (wouldn't) really answer me about it. I wish I could either just let this go, or let him go! Letting him go is looking prettier and prettier. I would hate to lose my marriage over her, but this can't go on. Things had quieted down for the most part, but now it is just picking back up. I guess it is the middle of the month and she has spent all of the monthly check instead of budgeting. I mean why should she if she knows she can count on her knuckleheaded son to bail her butt out!?!?!?!

Ok, rant over.

Ok, fixed the zuc (minus the pasta). It was so good:drool:. I cannot believe the brat ate some too! Of course, DH wouldn't touch it. Does it freeeze well? I don't want to waste this since I made too much. Or actually, will it still taste this good tomorrow? My goodness. I am on my second helping!

Hi I don't post much but I read all and I am pjtp today. I am from the UK and we call the Zuchini a "cougette". I cook them quite a lot and my favourite recipe with them in is vegetable lasagne.

I was also wondering if anyone thought the same as me about the band. I seem to get food stuck at various times of the day and my theory is that the band will only take so much food in one day and does not seem to digest/go down in between meals. I think this because sometimes I cannot eat Breakfast but can eat later in the day and sometimes I can eat breakfast, but not eat later in the day.

What does everyone else think?

Hi I don't post much but I read all and I am pjtp today. I am from the UK and we call the Zuchini a "cougette". I cook them quite a lot and my favourite recipe with them in is vegetable lasagne.

I was also wondering if anyone thought the same as me about the band. I seem to get food stuck at various times of the day and my theory is that the band will only take so much food in one day and does not seem to digest/go down in between meals. I think this because sometimes I cannot eat breakfast but can eat later in the day and sometimes I can eat breakfast, but not eat later in the day.

What does everyone else think?

Hi. I find that I cannot really eat early in the morning. I start with a warm drink (it seems to ease eating). My doctor says that warm will go down better than cold because the esophagus is a muscle that must be warmed up just like any other muscle. I don't seem to have a problem later in the day at all. As a matter of fact, I think I could eat almost normally at dinner (unless I am stressed).

. Or actually, will it still taste this good tomorrow? My goodness. I am on my second helping!

i actually think it tastes better the next day - i'll send you a note on the shiritaki noodles - took me a LONG time to prepare them right, so they don't taste like rubber.

ingyrob, my husband is also banded - and typically can't eat his first meal till the afternoon (3-4pm). Protein drinks/lentil soup/greek yogurt is his go to - till the evening meal which he has no problem with. this has been his norm since banding.

i actually think it tastes better the next day - i'll send you a note on the shiritaki noodles - took me a LONG time to prepare them right, so they don't taste like rubber.

Thank you so much. I have to say that I have tried so many different foods now after reading the things that you and KC have eaten. I loved this and cannot imagine it tasting better. I could hurt myself eating this! I didn't miss having meat. DS did want to know why I didn't put any meat in it, but ate it anyway. Thanks again for sharing.

*g4e, have you tried like OTC meds: benedryl/melatonin?

exercise - maybe walking helps some as well.. my only sleep issues, is i can easily do 10hrs a night:rolleyes:

Thanks Luluc. I am afraid to take Benedryl with my pain meds and muscle relaxers. I think part of the problem is my meds. Maybe walking inside the house might help. I am banded from most excersizes because of my health issues. I am missing my Gazelle, bands and ab lounger. But when I tried I found out reall quick and in a hurry NOT to do the Gazelle. The Dr. doesn't want me doing anything other than walking. Walking in my neighborhood at night is inviting trouble. Even during the day people walk with big sticks or their dogs (mostly pitbulls) I like my neighborhood until you get to the stop light after that you have the really bad places. It's just better to be safe around here.

I love zuchini bread. I am making some for my DD next week. I also have to take some to work for a couple of my co-workers. I just have to make sure that I am out of this kick I have been in yesterday and today. Eating junk and way to much of it.:wink2: I won't make it till I know I won't want but 1 small peice of it. I might just make mini muffins instead of loaves.

I have rambled long enough. BYE

DUH!!! as I slap myself up beside the head.36_1_42.gif No wonder I had weird dreams last night and had trouble sleeping (excluding the pain) I have been on a choc. binge the last 2 days. I don't handle a lot of caffeine well. I have been eating M&Ms and Snickers ice cream the last 2 days! It just dawned on me as I ate the last of the M&Ms.

10_8_12.gif I am glad that it is all out of the house now. I ate it all. Now back to my regularly scheduled program.80.gif 5_8_6.gif

G4E - hysterical! Hope your dreams are better tonight - who knows what mine will be like - I've been watching the first 6 episodes of Tru Blood season 1

PJTP...It's a beautiful Sunday morning and all's right in Ebony's world...:biggrin:

Went for a lovely walk this morning with DH and DDog - found a new route that includes some nice parts of my neighborhood I hadn't walked in a while, plus a hill near my house for the last push before coming home. My walking every day has paid off - I was able to keep ahead of my DH the entire way up the hill, though he usually walks faster than I do...Yay for me!

Car shopping yesterday was a bit frustrating...found out you don't forget how to drive a stick (5 speeds are fun) but that car dealers still have the 'hurry up and wait' mentality and it royally pisses me off.

I've been without car payments for over 10 years, and now I know why - I HATE working with car dealers! If the guy I'm seeing today doesn't change their normal way of operating, I'm gonna say 'forget it' and just save my money from now till the end of the year and buy something for cash. They've got some great deals on EBay...that way, somebody else can take the depreciation hit, not me!

Headed out to do some long-overdue weeding in the garden...everyone have a wonderful and blessed Sunday! :blink:

Yay on the walking! Did about 4.5 miles yesterday myself. Today I washed and detailed my motorcycle and just doing that I "walked" just shy of my 5,000 step minimum.

On the car front, you might also consider Craigslist. With eBay it's still a bit iffy, unless you can buy locally. You could end up putting a down-payment on a car that just doesn't measure up and then you're stuck. Hubby bought his motorcycle on Craigslist and got a really great deal from a guy who was tired of the idiots who would call and never show up or offer him nothing for the bike. Hubby made a fair-enough offer that at first the guy didn't accept, but by the time he called us back about it, he offered it for $1000 less than hubby's lowest offer!

Here's praying ahead of time for you to have a decent Monday. I'm afraid praying for a good Monday might be too optimistic. :wink2:

Omg did I make THE yummiest dish for dinner tonight!

Today was hubby's birthday, and I wanted to make something neat with some seafood I had too much of for other meals this week.

I had some leftover raw shrimp and bay scallops, so I decided to add to that some crab meat and oysters.

Made a base sauce from butter, white wine, the oyster juice left over after removing the oysters from the jar, garlic, lime juice with pulp (I wanted to do lemon but hubby likes limes and had two), and dill.

Cooked it WAY down over a high heat, then threw in the seafood. Cooked a pot of angel hair Pasta about 2/3 of the way done, as was the seafood. Then pulled the pasta out of the pot and added it to the seafood, stirred them both together on a low heat, added fresh parsley and basil, a bit of salt, pepper, and sugar. Served with a bit of shredded parmesan cheese on top. Oh my freakin' God, it was SO GOOD!!

I love when stuff comes together in my head and it turns out good!

PJTP: I am OVER winter!! This has been my first real winter in 4 years, as I've spent the last 3 of them doing Fly In/Fly Out to the far north of Aus, which doesn't have a winter season. It's COLD down here!!! Okay, you guys are all used to snow and stuff, so you'll probably laugh at what I call cold but our houses aren't built for it and we don't have the clothes to cope either. It's been down as low as 2C (35F) in the overnight minimums and although the maximum says 20ish C (68F), it's been stormy rains and wild winds and FREEZING!! I got my feet wet at work this afternoon and my toes turned into iceblocks! I want my lovely warm northern Dry Season!! *wahhhhh waahhh wahhh*

*Edits*

It is also really weird to actually feel cold again. For so long, I've always felt way too hot, and was only really comfortable when it was really cool like now. But I've taken my fat blanket off and now I'm really feeling the difference! I've had an extra blanket on my bed and been resorting to the old hot water bottle at night!! ^_^

Edited by Fanny Adams