Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate it when people post just to post.....

Question:: does anyone else think it is weird that DH's ex has on her bedroom wall, the wedding photo of her and her ex's (she has been married and divorced twice)? Not family photos with her children (I'd understand that), but the wedding photos?

DH says: female equivalent of notches on the bedpost. :)

is your hubby in one of the pictures? that's a bit odd if you ask me; but if it helps her sleep at night?????:cursing::confused:

i love my magic bullet - have it charging right now; not the toy version:sneaky:

sms - your pic is finally showing; you look great

snt - my fills normally loosened after a few days, how long do you stay on liquids after one?

beth - glad your enjoying your family

ceradad - dh would love to rescue a retired k9 GS; i think we're fine on the dog count myself

small nsv for me - i don't have many as of late, but DH said yesterday that i had saggy butt on the treadmill; need to upgrade my workout gear, which i'm fine with. also i need to get a new pair of running shoes. this is the second time since banding that my feet have shrunk. the current ones are slipping up by the ankles .... so i get a small shopping trip in today!!!

Yes we did, thank goodness! It would have just been impossible with so many people in this house. He took it way better than I imagined. He said, "Hey, family is family." That made it easy.

that is great!! so glad you are enjoying your DD & DGD!!

i

i love my magic bullet - have it charging right now; not the toy version:sneaky:

small nsv for me

thats no fun!!

yay for the NSV!

day 2 of 'couch rest'.. DD is home too. wonder how many times we are going to watch Wall E

Beth, glad you were able to get the other "guests" to leave so you can fully enjoy your time with your daughter and grandbaby.

I cracked up at LJM's magic bullet comment and the suggestion she stay away from Urban Dictionary. I have found that site to be very educational!

Tap, I think that is pretty freaky to have wedding pictures from previous marriages on the wall. Especially if she is married to someone else now.

I hope everyone's new year is starting off well. I am getting ready to go shopping for stuff for dd's sweet 16 party tomorrow night. And, here is the really scary part, we are also going to go see if she can pass her drivers test. Wish me luck.

snt - my fills normally loosened after a few days, how long do you stay on liquids after one?

small nsv for me - i don't have many as of late, but DH said yesterday that i had saggy butt on the treadmill; need to upgrade my workout gear, which i'm fine with. also i need to get a new pair of running shoes. this is the second time since banding that my feet have shrunk. the current ones are slipping up by the ankles .... so i get a small shopping trip in today!!!

Liquids - the day of and the day after. I've maybe gotten down 1/3 of a Water battle today and that's all.

Sweet re: the NSV! :biggrin:

Question: Monday (I think) there was some discussion on a thread somewhere (I've been searching and can't find where it is) about a book that was written by a guy (Dewey, I think) about lap band surgery that was touted as being pretty good. Anybody on here the author of that post who can tell me the name of the book and verify the author?

I remember that the day I was being filled I had actually found ONE Barnes and Noble store that had the book, and it happened to be right by my fill doctor. However, in all the excitement, I completely forgot about it.

Thanks!

Beth... Not certain if this is the one you're looking for or not, but I found it in the mens room. No not that mens room - the mens room forum. :biggrin:

"Weight Loss Surgery with the Adjustable Gastric Band. By Dr. Sewell. "

Brad

Beth... Not certain if this is the one you're looking for or not, but I found it in the mens room. No not that mens room - the mens room forum. :biggrin:

Brad

OOOh, that's it! thanks, Brad!

Though I have to admit, that's not where I found it. I promise. I don't think my genteel sensibilities could handle going into the men's room. :tongue:

wonder how many times we are going to watch Wall E

I love that movie! The part where they get to Earth and start learning to farm reminds me of how we all feel when we get WLS and the pounds start coming off and we get our lives back!

LJM---my guess is till the cows come home and you can cook them up for dinner! Tee heee... :biggrin: Haven't seen it yet myself though.

Tap--that is creepy if you ask me. I mean it may be a little different if they died, but still creepy.

CC-I love it as well!

Sick--keep going!

I am also posting to say I have lost 4.5 pounds of the holiday fare! YAY!

that's great! i think the detox was a great idea. my meal consumption has scaled back considerably.

still not weighing yet...:biggrin:

that's great! i think the detox was a great idea. my meal consumption has scaled back considerably.

still not weighing yet...:biggrin:

:tongue: I went as long as I could! lol...

PJTP--I am considering getting myself a Sugar Daddy...rotfl....on Facebook I have several Britts fighting for me on Owned. I am up to a worth of over$30 million. Think any of them have real money??? lol...

PJTP-

Some of you may be aware that back during the summer I was asked to take part in my clinics ad campaign for the month of Oct. concerning WLS and Lap Band in particular. This campaign was between Park Nicollet Clinic, WCCO-TV, the Mpls Star Tribune and the state of MN called Stay Healthy MN. I ended up being in a couple tv spots that ran all of Oct and a couple ads in the paper. Also, they did a poster of me and family for their clinics all over the state.

Well, I got an email from them saying they want to do a mass mailing to about 160,000 addresses and want new pics of me and family for it. Of course, I said I would. Haven't hidden this surgery from anyone and want to help educate.

Just thought I would share again.

:biggrin: I went as long as I could! lol...

PJTP--I am considering getting myself a Sugar Daddy...rotfl....on Facebook I have several Britts fighting for me on Owned. I am up to a worth of over$30 million. Think any of them have real money??? lol...

I accepted the owned request you sent and now I have guys fighting over me but I am not worth nearly what you are! hahahahaha I didn't know what the application was about and kept getting these notices about people owning me! It is kinda weird.

PJTP-

Some of you may be aware that back during the summer I was asked to take part in my clinics ad campaign for the month of Oct. concerning WLS and Lap Band in particular. This campaign was between Park Nicollet Clinic, WCCO-TV, the Mpls Star Tribune and the state of MN called Stay Healthy MN. I ended up being in a couple tv spots that ran all of Oct and a couple ads in the paper. Also, they did a poster of me and family for their clinics all over the state.

Well, I got an email from them saying they want to do a mass mailing to about 160,000 addresses and want new pics of me and family for it. Of course, I said I would. Haven't hidden this surgery from anyone and want to help educate.

That's awesome that you get to be an inspiration in more ways than one!

is your hubby in one of the pictures? that's a bit odd if you ask me; but if it helps her sleep at night?????:confused::biggrin:

small nsv for me - i; need to upgrade my workout gear, which i'm fine with. also i need to get a new pair of running shoes. !

Yeah Luluc!

day 2 of 'couch rest'.. DD is home too. wonder how many times we are going to watch Wall E

8 bajillion...or so it will likely seem!

Tap, I think that is pretty freaky to have wedding pictures from previous marriages on the wall. Especially if she is married to someone else now.

I hope everyone's new year is starting off well. I am getting ready to go shopping for stuff for dd's sweet 16 party tomorrow night. And, here is the really scary part, we are also going to go see if she can pass her drivers test. Wish me luck.

It IS freaky, isn't it??

Lots of good luck sent your way.

Tap--that is creepy if you ask me. I mean it may be a little different if they died, but still creepy.

WEirdness, just weirdness!

Great on losing the weight. I was doing the pouch test (yesterday was day 5). Did ok until the long drive home, and started munching on the Cookies the ex-wife sent with us...

still not weighing yet...:tongue:

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

PJTP-

Yeah Ceradad!

small nsv for me - i don't have many as of late, but DH said yesterday that i had saggy butt on the treadmill

Great job!

Infinite.

And, here is the really scary part, we are also going to go see if she can pass her drivers test. Wish me luck.

I said a prayer for you and all of the driving public.:biggrin:

I was going to mention that book as well. You beat me to it.

w00t