Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time for a lower body lift! Have you had one?

I am 1.5 yrs out from RNY and 160 lbs. down. I am 51 years old and feel like I have the energy of a 20 year old. Truly, I have never felt better in my life. With one exception - back pain which is due to excess skin. BariatricPal surgeon and plastic surgeon and Orthopedic doctor all agree that it is time for a lower body lift to remove the excess skin. I am wondering if anyone who had a RNY also had a lower body lift and, if so, can they share their experience with me. My surgery is scheduled for 1 week away from today.

How exciting! That is going to be so amazing to not have a saggy muffin top any longer! Best of luck to you!

Toodles,
Rue

7 hours ago, lauren66 said:

I am 1.5 yrs out from RNY and 160 lbs. down. I am 51 years old and feel like I have the energy of a 20 year old. Truly, I have never felt better in my life. With one exception - back pain which is due to excess skin. BariatricPal surgeon and plastic surgeon and Orthopedic doctor all agree that it is time for a lower body lift to remove the excess skin. I am wondering if anyone who had a RNY also had a lower body lift and, if so, can they share their experience with me. My surgery is scheduled for 1 week away from today.

Congrats! You should update your stats! I'm sure you don't still weigh 285?

I didn't have a lower body lift but i did get a full Tummy Tuck after losing 101 lbs. My advise is to wear the compression garment they give you. It's weird peeing through the cut out but it will be painful if you take it off. Also, use a pillow when you cough, sneeze or try to get up or down. Try to recover in a chair you can easily get in and out of, nothing to low.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Thank you for the advice! I've got my compression garment - my surgeon recommends wearing it 8 weeks post surgery and for a few months there after while exercising. Appreciate the tip about the chair!

On 4/19/2018 at 12:16 AM, lauren66 said:

lower body lift! 1 week from today

@lauren66

surgery was thursday? how did it go??

inquiry minds want to know

hope you are recuperating nicely

kathy

The surgery went great. It’s a long one though - a little over 11 hours. The surgeon removed 15 lbs of skin and fat. Imagine that! The pain was tough the first few days in the hospital but they keep you well medicated. I spent 3 nights and 4 days at the hospital which felt right. Now I’m home resting for about two weeks. The only thing I can do movement wise is walk for about 10-15 minutes every other hour.

The amazing thing is that even with the swelling from surgery I can already see and feel the difference. I can look straight down at a flat tummy and he contoured my out thighs which now look athletic. I have not had a flat mid section since I was 12 so that part is very encouraging. Moreover, I can already feel the new tightness in the muscles. In 6-8 weeks when I can resume exercise I will be stronger and that will make me happy.

Once the bruising goes away I will post some more before and after pictures.

If you are considering any skin removal surgery I am more than happy to discuss it with you.