Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Loriely

Yes, the Yau man himself gave me the fill, and he is good at it. He gave me .5 ccs but he also gave me a lecture telling me that I am probably eating around the band, soft foods and too much of them. I told him that I agreed. Well, I can really feel the difference now. I can't chug my Water anymore and I really really need to chew, chew and chew some more or else, you know what. So, needless to say I am trying very hard to make good choices and get moving from this plateau of mine. Maybe you will see the difference the next time we meet.

xoD

Peaches good going girl!! You are so right about the little push in the right direction that we all need every now and again and I can't thank you bunch of wonderful bandsters for your kind and non-judgemental support.

D

Hello SusanSilver:

I'm reading your note and my heart goes out to you. We all know how you're feeling right now but the fact you had the courage to post and ask for help and encouragement is half the battle. Nobody is perfect (I'm sitting here giving you encouragement as I shove a halloween chocolate bar in my mouth :)) - this to let you know you're not alone in the junk food fight. We'll take it one day at a time and keep in mind that in the short-term we will slip up but it's the long-term goal we need to focus on.

Keep coming back to this thread and let us know how you're doing. :)

Dr.Yau lectured you too.Junk food slides through the band. I need another fill.I am going to wait 3 weeks. Does anyone have this issue if you eat you get pain around band and down into right shoulder?It goes away till i eat again .

No not a cramp. It is hard to explain.When you take a deep breath,it is a bit painfull. I don;t have a cold or reflux .

Loriely: I think I have something similar. It usually is after not chewing hard Protein like pork, or chicken thoroughly enough. When I feel that pain I stop eating immediately. At the next meal, I try to remember to chew thoroughly. When I do, I don't have the pain. Is that what you mean? Doddie

Susan Silver where are you. I have read both pages and you have only posted once. Please keep on with the support. We all got the band because of eating disorders of one kind or another. I would say a good majority of us are not perfectl little angles. With the stresses you are going thru give yourself a star for only gaining 8 lbs. You can do get back on track. Try saying to yourself "just for today, I will eat healthy, chew my food", Just for today. When you have yourself back on track in a few days, weeks months, then try exerecising & "just for today". Don't worry, the band is with you for a lifetime and so are we. Doddie :clap2:

Susan Silver where are you. I have read both pages and you have only posted once. Please keep on with the support. We all got the band because of eating disorders of one kind or another. I would say a good majority of us are not perfectl little angles. With the stresses you are going thru give yourself a star for only gaining 8 lbs. You can do get back on track. Try saying to yourself "just for today, I will eat healthy, chew my food", Just for today. When you have yourself back on track in a few days, weeks months, then try exerecising & "just for today". Don't worry, the band is with you for a lifetime and so are we. Doddie :clap2:

Hi Doddie;

I am curious, how many fills have you had and what has your weight loss increments been like between each??

Your total loss to date is amazing!! :confused:

I think i am going go back again on tues.and have a small defill.My band will not allow me to have much in it.I am eating soft foods and getting pain. I have to bite the bullet and get yet another defill.I only have 3ccs in it now.I will get 1cc out. I am getting so frustrated because i can't lose anymore weight always having fills and defills.

Lori that is really too bad - I was really hoping you would be able to start moving forward this time. Hopefully with a small de-fill you will be able to stabalize a bit. It shouldn't matter how much is in your band, just as long as it is enough to help you control your amounts.

Cindy

Susan, you're too much of a sweetheart to be so down on yourself. Easier said than done though...You know we were banded on the same day?! I have gained eight pounds back and lost it about a dozen times. It's just a matter of learning how to eat and I have screwed up a lot! But when I'm not having a "down on myself" moment, I keep thinking how much more I would have gained back without the band. I haven't even had the turmoil you have encountered..Hang in and take care. You'll get back in the swing of things.

Hi Peaches. I took advice from a TLBC long time bandster Heather. She keeps a loose fill and focused on eating whatever she liked but in small quantities and chewing. She travels a lot. As for me, I have 3 fills. Two ccs in April, 1 cc in June and 1 cc in July. After that, I have focused on chewing and eating healthy. I am not in a rush to loose my weight as much as I want to be normal in my eating. I am a food gulper and grazer. I was lucky in that my band has a lot of restriction without fills. LOL my weight loss has been an average of .75 lbs per week. Bear in mind that I have arthritis in both knees and hip and shoulder so can only go to aqua fit and use the stationary bike. The local district gym set up a program for me under the direction of my doctor and this is the regime. Three days a week aqua fit for one hour, two days a week on the stationary bike at a slow pace with lifting a few different weights averaging 10 lbs. I can eat 1 cup to 1 1/2 cup of soft food but when I eat chicken, pork, or beef, I can't eat more than 2 ozs. Hope this answers your questions. PS: You haven't done so badly yourself. Doddie</p>

<p>lorliely: Where were you banded. I think it is time that you made an appointment with your doctor and discuss with him your difficulties. If you are just going to a fill nurse and making the decisions to fill and defill yourself, this might not be advisable. Eventually, you are going to wear out the port.Your doctor will be in a better position to evaluate where the problems are occurring. Take a detailed report of what you are eating, how much, if you PB, exercise being done, emotional issues, etc. I am sure you will find your answers with him. Good luck and keep posting. We will help as much as we can. Doddie</p>