Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Busting it out at the Gym!

21 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Awesome way to boost your metabolism and improve cardiovascular fitness:) Nice!

I'm doing 45- 50 minutes of HIGH HEART RATE CARDIO every day no lollygagging. I do upper body every Tuesday & lower body every Thursday. So far so good!

Great work, Seahawks:) Exercise is my secret weapon:) It's the most suprising part of this process that I've really liked. I feel amazingly better and my physical endurance is better than it's been since my 20's. It's also a LOT hard for me to get my heartrate up that high....which is a blessing and a curse. LOL.

I'm walking 12,000 steps a day, and doing tougher cardio at least three days a week. Am loving rebounding workouts, dancing workouts, and swimming at the Y. Gotta mix it up, I'm told. Trying to get variety:)

Not much for the gym, but I do like the pool, walking and running in the forest, and sweatin to the oldies with Richard Simmons....when I'm not bouncing on trampolines. LOL.

How terrific the activity makes me feel...is a big surprise. I've got all sorts of projects planned for the summer....barn and basement clean out, brush clearing, lot of physical things that used to sound like pure hell sound so much easier and more enjoyable now.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Edited by Creekimp13

2 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

Great work, Seahawks:) Exercise is my secret weapon:) It's the most suprising part of this process that I've really liked. I feel amazingly better and my physical endurance is better than it's been since my 20's. It's also a LOT hard for me to get my heartrate up that high....which is a blessing and a curse. LOL.

I'm walking 12,000 steps a day, and doing tougher cardio at least three days a week. Am loving rebounding workouts, dancing workouts, and swimming at the Y. Gotta mix it up, I'm told. Trying to get variety:)

Not much for the gym, but I do like the pool, walking and running in the forest, and sweatin to the oldies with Richard Simmons....when I'm not bouncing on trampolines. LOL.

How terrific the activity makes me feel...is a big surprise. I've got all sorts of projects planned for the summer....barn and basement clean out, brush clearing, lot of physical things that used to sound like pure hell sound so much easier and more enjoyable now.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Richard Simmons! 😂 I’m definitely going to add Sweating to the Oldies to my play list. It don’t get any better than that!

Burn baby burn!!! Wahoo!

Meant to say it's a lot "harder" these days to get that heart rate up. Which is really cool cause it means I'm achieving a little more heart fitness....but tough because I have to work so much harder than I used to get get my cardio minutes, more bursts, more push, faster, longer...more sweating and panting. LOL. My resting heart rate used to be in the high 70's, low 80's. These days, I'm in the high to mid 50's most days:) Has been really cool to watch that number come down.

20 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

Meant to say it's a lot "harder" these days to get that heart rate up. Which is really cool cause it means I'm achieving a little more heart fitness....but tough because I have to work so much harder than I used to get get my cardio minutes, more bursts, more push, faster, longer...more sweating and panting. LOL. My resting heart rate used to be in the high 70's, low 80's. These days, I'm in the high to mid 50's most days:) Has been really cool to watch that number come down.

I agree! I have to be practically running in order to get my heart rate over 125. Which for me, running is still near impossible. It is a good thing, before I would get scared my heart rate was too high while working out.

If my heart rate is at 169, call 911. My resting heart rate these days is in the mid 40s, so 85% of max for me is around 145. So long as you are getting the burn. I don't run ,but I do get that when I fence or use the rower at the gym.

2 hours ago, Sosewsue61 said:

Burn baby burn!!! Wahoo!

And the next day oh how it does but I’m off to do it again!

I'd love to go today but my legs are saying hell no. Especially because people are pissing me off right and left today and I can't use food to help relax.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, Creekimp13 said:

I get on the elliptical that does legs only & my heart rate jumps right up. That things awesome! Weight loss program 15 minutes on level 7 but I started out on 3 & worked my way up.

1 hour ago, AshAsh1 said:

I agree! I have to be practically running in order to get my heart rate over 125. Which for me, running is still near impossible. It is a good thing, before I would get scared my heart rate was too high while working out.

Honestly when I’m on the elliptical I can’t keep my heart rate low. I aim for between 120-130 but on that machine it’s higher. Always between 160-170.

1 hour ago, Diana_in_Philly said:

If my heart rate is at 169, call 911. My resting heart rate these days is in the mid 40s, so 85% of max for me is around 145. So long as you are getting the burn. I don't run ,but I do get that when I fence or use the rower at the gym.

I will have to slow down eventually but it feels ok for the time being. People look at me like I’m a madman with a sweat soaked shirt!

7 minutes ago, Mattymatt said:

I'd love to go today but my legs are saying hell no. Especially because people are pissing me off right and left today and I can't use food to help relax.

So tell your legs hell yes grab a Protein Shake send off some one finger salutes & head to the gym!

So tell your legs hell yes grab a Protein Shake send off some one finger salutes & head to the gym!

It's not that simple. I'm honestly tired from yesterday. Planning to listen to my body today.