Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am about a year and a half out from my gastric sleeve surgery, I have been having terrible mood swings, crying fits and anxiety. I don't know if this is related to post surgery symptoms or something else. I know everyone experiences this right after surgery but wasn't sure if anyone was having these problems this long after surgery.

I'm sorry you're struggling. Tell us more about yourself. Fill out your profile and history in the account section so we better know how to help!

Just call your primary care doctor. There are so many things that could be causing mood swings that any advice you get here is just going to be wild guesswork based solely on bits of information you provide. It could be some body chemistry issue like a hormonal imbalance or it could be a purely psychological issue, but only your doctor is going to be able to do a complete assessment.

So- food for a good addict or overwater is similar to alcohol for an alcoholic. It’s a coping mechanism and helps to mask feelings and prevents us from honing our emotional tools to deal with stress and anxiety. When the food is taken away and it’s more difficult to be abused or just isn’t being abused feelings are much more noticeable, stronger, overwhelming and harder to deal with because we’ve been eating them away for so long. I agree with the other recommendation to speak with your doctor; my surgeon has an in house psychologist that is there for emotional help throughout the process. I think this would be helpful for you. Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches