Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnancy...The Band...And Psychological Issues

Okay Guys! Im officially 13 weeks PREGO! SO FAR...I havent gained any weight, but I know its coming...however Im slightly at peace with it for ONCE in my entire life! It still sucks to know Im going to have to go buy bigger clothes (I threw out my old big clothes when I couldnt fit in them anymore). I actually have a better mindset than Ive ever had in my life, however Im FULL of worry, which Im sure is normal (especially for someone in my position). Im going to get the band unfilled next week...I havent had any need to do so before, but Ive found that I really havent been hungry and its hard to force myself to eat ANYTHING! Ive been eating pretty healthy though, which Im sure contributes to my feeling better. Lots of FRESH veggies and fruits, but I allow myself icecream once a week or week and a half, but no more than that, no large servings of the bad stuff either. Its SOOOOO cliche but I eat a TON of pickles!!! However I have only had to bouts of morning sickness the WHOLE TIME!!YAY! I do have overwhelming fatigue, but as Im entering my 2nd trimester, and picking up another job I find myself more energetic. The doctor has me on a VERY small dose of Prozac, and I plan on saving the money to see my therapist by Thanksgiving. I just cant bring myself to see another therapist, Im so attached to this one. Im still trying to get my medicaid and WIC papers done. Im just been so lazy until this week. But now I seem to want to achieve more than I have wanted to in a long time, maybe the baby is driving me to do well. I want to move out of my parents house EVENTUALLY, but a new car and paying off debt is first on the list before moving, especially since I plan to move again 6 months or a year after the baby is born. Im not going to far from home this time though. When I do go back to the band stuff after the baby is born (OH AND TRUST ME I WILL LOL) I plan to see a new Dr. other than Spiegel.

Now for my doubts: Im so scared that I cant provide a GREAT life for my baby, that it will be full of struggle. Im scared that the baby's daddy will randomly show up one day and do something STUPID, and SOMETIMES I even get down on myself about getting pregnant by accident (but I know God planned it). I just remember how I was before college, and how crazy and wild I went, and I get down on myself for doing that, because thats not me AT ALL!!! I was always the responsible one, and Ive proven the exact opposite over the year! This also has its roots in my bipolarism Im sure...Which I still fight, but NOW I know how to fight it! Im also worried that my child will inherit its daddy's psychological issues (pathological lying and symptoms of schizophrenia) But Im guessing that those were drug induced on him. I just feel so bad sometimes, like WHY ME? Then I look at a picture of the baby (sonogram) and I just smile and Im like "how can I feel bad about this"! lol MY HORMONES ARE SOOOOOOO OUT OF WHACK! lol! Im SOOOO HAPPY AND EXCITED yet so Scared and Pissed off at myself all at the same time....

Okay anyways I may elaborate later, I wish there was a forum for pregnant bandsters or people who have had children with the band, so that I could post questions and stuff there.

P.S. After the baby comes out I SWEAR Im going to tell everyone NEW that I meet that I was like a size 4 before I got pregnant!!! LOL!!!!

I got pregnant 8 months after getting my band (08/2005) and I remember being so mad at myself because I didn't want any more kids, the whole pregnancy I only had a partial unfill and that was because I could'nt hardly eat anything but I still wanted to be controlled so I went from a 2.2 cc to a 1.1 and that was fine the whole time. I only gained 23 pounds and was never really hungry. When my baby was born he was 8 lbs. 3 oz. and he was 21 inches long, the best part was when 2 weeks later I was down 26 pounds. The only bad thing I learned about being pregnant with the band is that after the baby is here and your ready to start again its even harder than the first time the motivation is not the same and because of the baby it's really hard to work out. You can e-mail me if you like I will be more than willing to answer any questions. By the way my son is know 1 1/2 and I am down to 174, I am hoping that I can get to my goal by January which would be my 3 year anniversary. Good luck!

Lord! Everything just keeps going down hill anymore. Not to mention the fact I just cant seem to gain or maintain weight! lol! IVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM!! Im not having morning sickness, lol, my band is finally working right! My dr. gave me until Dec 3 to gain 5-10lbs, but I just cant! This is SO strange

What was your starting weight?? I never gained any weight till about my 6th or 7th month, my doctor use to tell me that as long as the baby is growing everything was fine.

I have no clue what my starting weight was. It was almost 200lbs (I had gained back a lot of the weight I had previously lost). Now Im like 185ish.

I am not banded yet...so I can't offer advice in that sense. But as a young Mom (I had my son when I was 23...for me it was much younger than I wanted) I can give you some advice.

I was all alone and had to find the supports that I needed...as I did not have insurance. I did the state insurance and WIC...and I can tell you it was the BEST thing I ever did. They were so supportive and the insurance is better than any insurance I have ever had! It was scary...and I went through times of laziness...that were purely because I wanted to give up. Get out of it! I needed someone to tell me that! I am telling you...pick yourself up...fill out that paperwork...and get yourself what you and your baby needs.

I guarantee once you do that you will start to feel MUCH better about the entire situation. You will start feeling like a Mom...and you will understand that there are people on your side.

Take your time and get on your feet before you move out. Get the debt paid off...buy a car...and quite honestly, stay with your parents as long as you can! It will be the best thing for you and baby!

My son is now 4 years old...he is my world. Everything I do is for him...and he is worth it all. I love him so much and he makes life so much worth living for! I have a successful career and am on my own now. It didn't all happen over night...and there were bumps, tears, and drama along the way...but it was all worth it! I am defiently seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...and I am sure you will see it someday soon.

Please do not hesitate to message me...I know how hard it is...

I am not banded yet...so I can't offer advice in that sense. But as a young Mom (I had my son when I was 23...for me it was much younger than I wanted) I can give you some advice.

I was all alone and had to find the supports that I needed...as I did not have insurance. I did the state insurance and WIC...and I can tell you it was the BEST thing I ever did. They were so supportive and the insurance is better than any insurance I have ever had! It was scary...and I went through times of laziness...that were purely because I wanted to give up. Get out of it! I needed someone to tell me that! I am telling you...pick yourself up...fill out that paperwork...and get yourself what you and your baby needs.

I guarantee once you do that you will start to feel MUCH better about the entire situation. You will start feeling like a Mom...and you will understand that there are people on your side.

Take your time and get on your feet before you move out. Get the debt paid off...buy a car...and quite honestly, stay with your parents as long as you can! It will be the best thing for you and baby!

My son is now 4 years old...he is my world. Everything I do is for him...and he is worth it all. I love him so much and he makes life so much worth living for! I have a successful career and am on my own now. It didn't all happen over night...and there were bumps, tears, and drama along the way...but it was all worth it! I am defiently seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...and I am sure you will see it someday soon.

Please do not hesitate to message me...I know how hard it is...

I appreciate any input whatsoever. Especially since you are a young mother as well, because thats another factor in my pregnancy. The reason I intend to move is because I cant make good money or finish school completely here at my parents' house. Where I go depends on the job offers I can get after I finish up my AAA and what schools are in the area of that job offer. If I can get a good job closer to home I will take it, but Im also looking at Houston and possibly Dallas (my friend lives there and is willing to room with my child and I, which would be great because he should be done with school by the time I decide to move and can help me with the baby a little). Im just trying to do whats best for the baby, I dont want to go out of Texas or Lousiana, I know that for sure. I just want to get as much done while the baby is still young so that as it gets older I can provide for it (good schools, nice clothes, etc etc) If I stay around here I cant do that, I refuse to send my child to the schools here. And school is very important to me when it comes to my child (just as it is with every parent)

Just keep striving to better things for yourself. The only way your baby will have the right things...is if you have the right things! Be sure to take care fo yourself physically...this is such a crucial time for baby! Get that paperwork filled out ASAP