Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recipes, tracking apps

So I had surgery on 2/9 was on clears that week. Today I got moved to full liquid. Did any of you get creative and do any recipes. And at what stage can we do the ricotta bake? I have noticed my clinic prolongs our stages much longer than other clinics. Oh and last question which app is better for tracking myfitnesspal or baritastic?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I was on full liquids on day 3 and moved to pureed foods at around 10 days, which is when I could have ricotta. Ricotta kind falls in with yogurt so check with your plan as far as when that is OK to have. I have only used My Fitness Pal..almost continuously for the past year, and have been really pleased with it.

Sorry, I wasn't super creative, it was actually nice for me to have simple choices at that stage. Lots of yogurt and soup..lol. Good luck to you!

Edited by Nessy76

I really like MyFitnessPal, I haven't tried any other app. I like the database of food is seemingly all encompassing, and it totals my calories, Protein etc. I've also added recipes, and love how it calcs the nutritional values of them.

Personally, I use MyfitnessPal. It is easier for me to track and also I had it before my surgery. I tried Baritastic and it was not for me. I know people who prefer Baritastic over MyfitnessPal. I would say try them both out. They are both free and figure out which one works for you.

I had Ricotta bake at Phase 3 (soft foods) under my plan.

Wahooo girl! I hope to be there right with you on the full liquid phase by Wednesday (2.21.18).

I can have Protein Drinks, strained cream and regular Soups, Clear Liquids, Greek yogurt thinned down with Fairlife fat free milk. Nothing that has Fiber in it--so green smoothies are out.

I figure I will get some jars/cans of Tomato bisque, poblano Soup, etc and strain them and add Protein Powder to them. Also, I can have V-8 which also makes a tasty "soup" with Protein and spices, heated up to warm it. I think I remember I can have Jello sf pudding as well as the jello, popsicles, sf fudgesicles. I'm gonna try mixing Premier Protein with SF pudding or unflavored jello and see if I can churn it into ice cream. LOL. Will see.

I'm with the others. Ricotta Bake won't come until puree phase for me, which will be in about 3 weeks.

Wahooo girl! I hope to be there right with you on the full liquid phase by Wednesday (2.21.18).
I can have Protein Drinks, strained cream and regular Soups, Clear Liquids, Greek yogurt thinned down with Fairlife fat free milk. Nothing that has Fiber in it--so green smoothies are out.
I figure I will get some jars/cans of Tomato bisque, poblano Soup, etc and strain them and add Protein Powder to them. Also, I can have V-8 which also makes a tasty "soup" with Protein and spices, heated up to warm it. I think I remember I can have Jello sf pudding as well as the Jello, popsicles, sf fudgesicles. I'm gonna try mixing Premier Protein with SF pudding or unflavored jello and see if I can churn it into ice cream. LOL. Will see.
I'm with the others. Ricotta Bake won't come until puree phase for me, which will be in about 3 weeks.

That's great you are almost there! I was on clears for a week and now am on full liquids for two weeks. I had Tomato bisque last night. This morning I had chocolate malt o meal. I'll admit when thinking about it I didn't think it would do anything for me. But after 1 tbsp I am Full! And that fullness is staying with me much longer than I thought it would. My kids are laughing at me with my baby spoons and baby bowls!

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Good luck. During this phase I added veggies to cream Soups, extra Bone Broth, then strained it, the added flavor was def needed. Ricotta came the next week, be careful tastes change after surgery - at least for me. I can barely tolerate chocolate, and def not sf chocolate pudding, who knows why? And at 4 months I cannot tolerate lettuce yet, I tried it last night again and NOPE. And beef has to be super tender/moist, and chicken breast is no too - thighs are ok. Scallops and fish are fine, and at most 2 shrimp. I tried pizza once last Sunday and it's a no as well - the crust just gummed up in the sleeve.....(and then came back up).

Go baby! Go!! LOL. I have these neat salt cellar spoons I'm gonna use (smaller than demitasse spoons), and shrimp cocktail forks. Good times!

@Sosewsue61 ((hugs)) SOOOOO glad to see you hon!!! I've missed you!

OMG! Welcome home! Quickly, go start a new thread and tell me all about it! Or come to my thread here and fill me on the deets! You look beautiful and so so happy!!!