Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Traveling problems

Alright so I am two days into my Disneyworld excursion and I am finding it so so hard to get calories in. Water I am getting better at. My problem is it’s so hot and humid that I need to drink tons. I was told water was more important then food and with the whole 15/30 rule going 45 minutes without water multiple times a day that’s precious water drinking time. But I’m burning around 800/1000 a day with all this walking but only getting in 400 or so. That’s so so bad. I try to only eat food unless it’s super high Protein but I feel like as this point my body will start to go into starvation mode or something. Advice help more food ideas. I’m in soft stage and 7 weeks out.

cheese sticks or laughing cow spreads, peanuts or Peanut Butter, Protein Shakes. Carry with you everywhere

It's not forever and you can reverse starvation mode when you get back

But definitely stay hydrated

I don't want to hype Protein Shakes as we should get our Protein from natural sources that said, protein shakes will do two things for you; give you much needed protein and help with Fluid intake. The pre mixed shakes like muscle milk light and Premier Protein are very portable as well. Enjoy the vacation. Also as the above poster stated eat the cheeses as well.

Concentrate on the Water and get your Protein Drinks down. They also count as liquids!! It's WAY more important to stay hydrated under those conditions and more important to meet minimum Protein needs. 2 Premier Protein drinks per day gets you to the goal line of protein. Then you can eat a normal dinner. That way, you only have 1 episode of 15/30 for hydrating.

My RD told me that I do not have to use the 15/30 rule for Liquid Protein sources--only for puree, soft, and solid foods...

Have fun at the greatest place on earth!!