Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

worried please help

Hi everyone,

hope you can help me.

I was banded on 18th October just 6 days ago and all has been fine till tonight.

I had a very small mushed dinner at 6pm with no problems. At about 10pm I started to have regular cramp type spasms in my stomach every 2 minutes which has continued for over 3 hours now and not sure what it is.

Great site by the way, has helped me a lot thank you.

Jules:help:

I was still on liquids 6 days post-op. Actually I had 2 weeks of liquids. I would call your doctor and ask, as I know most people have a week or more of liquids before doctors allow mushies.

I moved to mushies a few days ago ( its amazing what you can blend) and I havent had any problems - almost wish I had IYKWIM

I would say do another day of liquids and then try gagin but if you still are getting pain then contact your surgeons office and ask their advice.

Hope you feel better soon hon

Nina x

My suggestion is to stay on liquids and call your doc. Just for the sake of example, my doc required two full weeks of Clear Liquids, two weeks of full liquids, two weeks of soft foods, then gradually reintroduce solids.

Potatoes are difficult for some including me. The starch maybe? They tend to be stickier and don't pass through like... say, gravy. :D

Take it very easy and maybe stick to liquids for a bit longer?

Just wanted to say thanks to all who repied. Its such a nerve racking time I am so scared about doing something wrong.

The pain did go off & stuck to fluids today.

Pleased with results so far as only did 3 days pre op & lost 9lbs so far in just 9 days.:eek:

Glad that the pain has eased off hon, have you tried mushies again yet?

WOOOO HOOO on the weight loss though hon, well done!!

Ninaxx

Hi Nina,

thanks for support and kind words.

But crikey! its not going to take you long at that rate....go girl.......

I am just 2 days behind you I see but my BMI is 41.5 so a bit further to go.

I noticed you are in U.K. Me too in West Sussex. Keep in touch and we can compere notes.

Julie x

I find it so interesting to read everyone's posts... my doctor required 2 weeks pre-op liquid only, 4 weeks post-op liquid only, and then mushies.... hmmmmm

I agree with the others, call the doctor

Hi Julie!!!!

Yay!! Another UK bandster!!!I am in Cornwall but I used to live in Manchester and have loads of family there so thats where I got banded. I have got my first fill scheduled for the 26th Nov and it seems soooo far away!!!LOL

Where did you get banded?

How are you doing with the mushies have you tried them yet?

At the moment its going well, my worry is the 2/3 weeks before the fill!! I am also the plataeu (?)queen, every time I have dieted in the past I start off great and then hit a certain weight and just stick there for weeks. Sooooo disheartening.

NIna xx

P.s I struggled with the ticker too!!!!

Hi Nina,

good to hear from you.

I see the tickers moving along nicely.....well done you...

I got banded in Portsmouth by Mr Toh & Bupa.Nice & handy for fills...

Am managing Readybrek for Breakfast which takes me through till about 3pm when I have a cup of Soup but not managing much more than possibly a jelly later...How you getting on with mushies?

Great to have contact with a U.K bandster.

Dont have a fill date yet but was told it would be about 4 weeks so the same sort of time as you I would guess.

Keep up the good work....

Julie x

Look at yours!!! 11lb already crikey its flying off, you'll be strutting your stuff on the beach next year!

I have to fly to manchester for fills ( have to wait 6 weeks though) but that means I get to see my sis so I dont mind really.

Oh me and the mushies are getting along just fine, too flamin fine to be honest. Its so hard when you cant add a crisy salad or some lovely sugar snap peas mmmmmm, the easiest things to puree seem to be the carbs, I HATE mushy veg, and meat doesnt really work either.Just sent DH to get me some nice rainbow trout so I will bake it then puree it maybe with some puree spinach.Dya know what I would give to be able to chew....... of course you do!!LOL

How is the healing going?I still get a bit of port pain if I wear an underwired bra but other than that I am ok.

Keep losing hon

NIna x