Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2018 -- calling all bariatricpals

Oooohhhh myyyyy yes! I feel like a lab rat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using BariatricPal mobile app

OMG. Last week appointment=she said it may take as long as April to get the approval, get the 2 week pre-op done, and surgery scheduled.

"This is the song that never ends..." I started my own journey in May with the weight loss. It will be almost 1 year if it gets stretched to April!!!!! Calgon, take me away!!!!!!!

OMG, Fluffy, that is terrible! Plus, I selfishly want you in my month, LOL. My surgeon has my surgery and post op visits scheduled out for me through September --- yeah more dr appointments (said no one ever).

Here's my update. I am immersed in physical therapy sessions to strengthen my knees and hips, which is going surprisingly well! In Feb, I branch into specific sessions designed for bariatric patients until surgery. Two weeks after surgery, I am back to physical therapy for another 4 weeks.

I am still waiting for my CPAP machine -- its been almost 3 months, and I'm still alive despite having severe sleep apnea. Very frustrating.

Finally, I got my pre-op diet requirements and I get to eat real food -- hallelujah!!! 3 meals with 3-4 ounces of Protein, veges and Salad Dressing, 1 snack, and 3 fruits and/or yogurts a day. Or I can have Protein Shakes as a substitute for any or all of these.

Hope everyone is doing well!

10 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

OMG. Last week appointment=she said it may take as long as April to get the approval, get the 2 week pre-op done, and surgery scheduled.

"This is the song that never ends..." I started my own journey in May with the weight loss. It will be almost 1 year if it gets stretched to April!!!!! Calgon, take me away!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear this, Fluffy. I hope that you are able to get it done in March with our group. If not, look at the bright side. You may actually reach goal before surgery. lol J/K but I know you must feel that way. Darn it.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:17 AM, FluffyChix said:

I may end up in April with you. I went for my cardiac clearance a few weeks ago. The Dr did EKG and then sent me for a stress test and echocardiogram on Thursday. Found out yesterday those tests were abnormal. I am going in to see the cardio Dr Monday morning. He will be scheduling a heart cath. Looks like I have some issues with my heart.

13 hours ago, Losingit2018 said:

I may end up in April with you. I went for my cardiac clearance a few weeks ago. The Dr did EKG and then sent me for a stress test and echocardiogram on Thursday. Found out yesterday those tests were abnormal. I am going in to see the cardio Dr Monday morning. He will be scheduling a heart cath. Looks like I have some issues with my heart.

Awwww hon!!!! So sorry to hear about this potential complication. Please let us know how it goes on Monday! Hopefully it isn't anything major and the heart cath will just be a go in and confirm you're fine!!! ((hugs))

On 1/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, FluffyChix said:

Awwww hon!!!! So sorry to hear about this potential complication. Please let us know how it goes on Monday! Hopefully it isn't anything major and the heart cath will just be a go in and confirm you're fine!!! ((hugs))

Thanks for the positive thoughts. I will have the heart cath done next Tuesday. If they find a blockage that is significant enough for a stent, it will be 1 year before I would be released for elective surgery. This is really going to suck badly after being so close. :(

Prayers for successful cath.

On 1/23/2018 at 6:13 AM, Apple203 said:

Prayers for successful cath.

So sorry that I forgot to come back and update. It all went well. No blockages at all. :)

Yay!!! @Losingit2018! Most of you know, the doc surprised me and told me I was approved. RNY is tomorrow. Can't wait. Hugs all around!!

That is awesome, @FluffyChix!!! I did not know but, I will keep you in my thoughts. Please do update us when you are able to do so. I am certain that you will do well. You have managed to lose about half of your excess weight pre op!! That is already quite an accomplishment.

Big Congratulations to you!!

I'm March 14th. Anyone else have a March date yet? [mention=323408]FluffyChix[/mention]? Yea, I know its a little early, but I'm pretty excited! Lugged my fat **s through the mall today thinking about how much better it would be 75-100 pounds lighter -- and what it might be like to actually shop for myself in "normal size" stores.

I’m March 9th excited and nervous

Lovingleo

Hey it's 9pm Wednesday where I'm at, has anybody heard from Fluffy,Chix since her surgery Tuesday morning. Hope nothing plucked off her feathers, she's going to be a naked little birdie if they did. Worries me.

Update: Fluffy just posted; go to Out with the Old'[emoji7][emoji7]In with the New thtead, it is GOOD news!!!!

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app