Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March 2018 -- calling all bariatricpals

I'm March 14th. Anyone else have a March date yet? @FluffyChix? Yea, I know its a little early, but I'm pretty excited! Lugged my fat **s through the mall today thinking about how much better it would be 75-100 pounds lighter -- and what it might be like to actually shop for myself in "normal size" stores.

Mines a month earlier in February. I’m with you on the shopping! All my clothes is from the internet. Good luck.

As far as clothes go, start looking for places to donate your old clothes. The weight will start falling off and your clothes will not fit. I donated most of my clothes to the church. There the people in my community benefited and some for profit company didn't make any money off my clothes. I also found a family member of a co worker who was going through a rough time. He happened to be the same size and I gave him a lot of winter stuff.

I feel blessed to have been able to go through with WLS as it has made me healthy. By giving to those less fortunate I feel my blessing is going a lot further.

I'm thinkin' I'll be a March gal. No date yet. Guess I will find out more about the process in January. :mellow: As far as clothes go...I'm still wearing my magic pants and apparently my magic shirts too. LOL. ;) Good thing I like baggy loose clothing right? I'm gonna continue to beat that horse til I they come down around my ankles while I'm marchin down the boulevard! :) Then I will donate them. I'll probably shot at Goodwill or something like that for a while...

It looks like I will be having my surgery sometime in March, if the insurance is approved. I'm doing the 6 month weight loss now. Won't know for sure until early February.

I'm doing a 6 month weight loss program,month 6 for me is february so hopefully I will have a march surgery date as well...what a great birthday gift that would be :)

I complete my 6 months supervised weight loss in February as well. All of my pre op testing is already scheduled to be complete by the start of February. I am pretty certain that I will have my surgery in March since I will start my 1 month Optifast diet in February.

I was so hoping to find others that will have surgery at the same time as I will.

Hi Marchers,

Whatcha got going on in preparation for surgery?

I started PT yesterday -- 12 visits pre-scheduled before surgery to start getting into shape. It's part of my Center's "Bariatric Optimization Program", or BOP. Piggy-backed onto PT to strengthening my knees and hips.

:-)

@Apple203 I have what I hope is my last visit with the surgeon and also the 6th visit with the RD on the 4th of Jan. I don't really know what else they have in store for me.

I finished PT. I will follow up with the arthritis guy next week to find out what he wants me to do. And I think I might start a Tai Chi class that I found here for free! Wow huh? It's supposed to be really great for balance and for building core strength as well as reduce stress! So we'll see. If nothing else, then I will continue to do my at home exercises and walk daily.

:D Happy New Year you guys! Here's hoping we're all approved and can be March surgery buds!

Wow. @FluffyChix you have done great losing 60 pounds pre op! I wish that I would have got myself in gear before now and done the same. I think that I am having food funerals for all of the stuff that I love and know will not be able to eat much of post op. Just have not been able to get myself on a diet and exercise program yet.

I did download MFP and plan to start tracking everything. I am scheduled with cardiologist on Jan 5. Next I have EGD / colonoscopy on February 8. I have to complete 3 more classes / support groups between now and then and will be ready for surgery.

Thinking about the risks involved can be very unnerving at times. Then I consider the risks of being close to a 50 BMI I need to have this surgery for my healths sake.

@Losingit2018 Thanks! I started in early May of this year. I was at your point or close to it--287 and 5'4" -- don't know what that BMI equates to...I decided that I would see if I could handle changing food relationships/behaviors and did a trial run of eating like an RNY person from the point of surgery to 1 year out. I eat way more volume now, but in the early days it was truly like the volumes of a WLS patient. I follow the plan set by my surgeon and RD. I don't have any choice. My insurance requires that I track everything in a daily food log and weigh often, and have my appts with the RD every month without skipping them. So compliance is a bit easier having the sword of Damocles looming over your head. (Not that there haven't been food funerals and poor choices--even this Christmas! I'm up 6lbs from my lowest weight. I should change my stats, and will if I don't make it back to my recorded weight by appointment time next week! :D I'm just trying to be optimistic!

The risk is small in comparison to the reward! Don't read too many "complications" threads! They'll scare you spitless!!!!

On 12/31/2017 at 12:14 PM, FluffyChix said:

@Losingit2018 Thanks! I started in early May of this year. I was at your point or close to it--287 and 5'4" -- don't know what that BMI equates to...I decided that I would see if I could handle changing food relationships/behaviors and did a trial run of eating like an RNY person from the point of surgery to 1 year out. I eat way more volume now, but in the early days it was truly like the volumes of a WLS patient. I follow the plan set by my surgeon and RD. I don't have any choice. My insurance requires that I track everything in a daily food log and weigh often, and have my appts with the RD every month without skipping them. So compliance is a bit easier having the sword of Damocles looming over your head. (Not that there haven't been food funerals and poor choices--even this Christmas! I'm up 6lbs from my lowest weight. I should change my stats, and will if I don't make it back to my recorded weight by appointment time next week! :D I'm just trying to be optimistic!

The risk is small in comparison to the reward! Don't read too many "complications" threads! They'll scare you spitless!!!!

I hear you about not reading too many complication threads. I always try to remember how much worse the complications will be if I don't do something to help me get this weight off. Much scarier.

I need to try a few days eating as I will post op. I did just start logging my food into MFP. I think that the fact that I have to do the liquid Optifast diet for 1 month preop has been at least my excuse to not start a diet ahead of time. Still, the more that a person loses pre op, the safer the surgery will be. AT 2.5 months out, I really need to get in gear.

On schedule for March, but no specific date yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using BariatricPal mobile app

Fluffy Chix and I may be joining you, our actual dates haven't been set up, she's finishing up,the 6 month supervised diet documentation Texas requires and I'm waiting for my sleep study doctor to evaluate my c pap use after my 1st,6weeks to,see,if,it has been of benefit and fax,my surgeon her report. Then all,my requirments are done. We should be February- March,snowflakes.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Welcome! Its been a loooong journey, amiright?