Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

3 minutes ago, Sleeved36 said:

Went shopping yesterday: I officially DO NOT wear plus sizes anymore!

A whole world of possibilities has opened up! It is exciting and overwhelming.

BYE Torrid, Lane Bryant, and the scary back corner of Macy's!

Oh, wow. I just realized - I'll be moving away from the maternity department! Yeah!

Guys - you may not understand - most plus sized women's clothes are located right next to maternity. In case we get confused, I guess.

Went shopping at JCPENNEY today and for the first time in over 15 years I was able to purchase pants off the rack!! And they fit! And I was able to buy the shirt in a 2x! After being in a 4x forever!😁

So I believe someday I also may escape the back dark area near the rear exit, near where they store the cleaning supplies. I may be migrating to the front,of the store where they have clothing in pretty 👕👚colors and cute👗 kicky styles? Oh fan me someone, the thought,of that nearly makes me swoon! Huff,Huff, I THINK I feel better now!!!

I wore a pair of strappy sandals that previously wouldn't do up, not that I could bend over anyway to do it or that I could get that close to my own ankle!

But now, I can do both!

Was starting to feel frustrated due to a week long stall/ 1lb gain (not being able to exercise due to horrible air quality making my asthma flair)... anyway about two months before surgery I bought a T-shirt at Hamilton in the largest size they had (XXL but really a funky women’s L). Today I found it and tried it on. It fits and looks good on me. I may have squeeed.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:26 PM, Sleeved36 said:

Went shopping yesterday: I officially DO NOT wear plus sizes anymore!

A whole world of possibilities has opened up! It is exciting and overwhelming.

BYE Torrid, Lane Bryant, and the scary back corner of Macy's!

Yay for you!!! ANd how freaking awful is it that Macy's puts plus sizes in a single scary back corner like plus-size women should be ashamed? HATE that.

Let Macy's live with the shame they inflicted on us--! DONT BUY THERE!

Macy's must have heard us, because I found this in Glamour online about stores with plus-size sections, so I guess I'll try it again:

Macy’s came out on top for all of us. At the Herald Square flagship in NewYork, the plus-size department on the seventh floor is stocked with designers like Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Melissa McCarthy, and Rachel Roy. Marie Denee of thecurvyfashionista.com, a size 16/18, gave Macy’s in Atlanta similar raves: “It was the best representation of plus-size fashion in a department store, taking up half the floor.” Amarachi Ukachu of amarachiukachu.com, a size 18/20, felt similarly welcome in the New Orleans location: “I found a sign that read ‘sizes 16 to 24’ with an arrow leading the way—which made me immediately happy.”

I just found out that I weigh less than any of my 3 sons! Yeah! Another 11 pounds to catch hubby and I'll be the lightest one in the house!

I signed up for Stitch Fix and not only are all the clothes cute, they all fit.

I have moved from the "donate because they're too big" phase and into the "donate because they don't match the style I'm going for" phase, and constantly have a to-donate bag on the go.

Through a bizarre coincidence where my most noticeable face-related weight loss happened the same week I chopped off all my hair, people keep marveling at how "this new haircut is amazing, it makes you look totally different!" It's like they know SOMETHING changed, but they can't quite put their finger on it...

One of my male coworkers, who is an extremely vain gym buff and has been known to do squats while on conference calls, keeps creeping up behind me and hissing "seriously, what did you DO?" I keep telling him I got a haircut.

Just passed the 1 month surgery mark. I travel a lot for business and I had an entire strategy about sitting at the back of the planes, trying to secretly put on the seat belt extender, super humiliated if someone sees me do it, and overall just felt really terrible even using one. Today I flew without one on 2 different airlines. No one except me knew why I was smiling so much upon take off. Bye Bye Seat Belt extender!

My latest nsv isn’t much but it means something to me. I can’t really see change in my body but my measurements are shrinking and clothes that used to fit tightly fit and are actually fitting looser 😊

On 12/20/2017 at 16:42, ChaosUnlimited said:

I parked in a tight parking space and was still able to squeeze out of my door, without touching the car next to me. In the past I would not have been able to get out of my car.

Omg, isn’t that a great feeling. I used to have to ask hubby to pull the car out of the parking space so it would be easier for me to get in. No more. Parking is not a problem anymore.

On 12/20/2017 at 15:46, She_whirls said:

I had to take off my wedding rings and bought silicone ones a size smaller. I bought boots that actually go up my calves.

HW: 282.2
SW: 255.4
CW: 226

First time ever for me to have knee high boots. I resized my wedding rings.

On 08/18/2018 at 20:15, RHCD said:

Was starting to feel frustrated due to a week long stall/ 1lb gain (not being able to exercise due to horrible air quality making my asthma flair)... anyway about two months before surgery I bought a T-shirt at Hamilton in the largest size they had (XXL but really a funky women’s L). Today I found it and tried it on. It fits and looks good on me. I may have squeeed.
Yeah!!! I bought a Billy Joel shirt that I’m hoping to fit into soon. So exciting! But why are those sizes so small?? 🤔