Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got the I DONT WANNA BLUES!!!

I had my surgery 10/16 36 lbs down . HW 303 CW 268. I was so excited for this surgery researched it for nearly 3 yrs before taking action and these first 2 mths Ive had so much energy and spunk , Its been great!!!! But Im finding myself going back to my old ways saying oh I ll just eat fast food tonight. Thinking it wont hurt me cause I cant eat much of it. Instead of making something healthy at home. I do ALOT of walking at work so when I get home I set down instead of walking the dogs like I had been doing right after surgery. Its been getting colder so I just use the weather as an excuse. Instead of taking advantage of gettting as much exercise in as possible. Its just scarring me that Im falling back into my lazy habits only 2 mth out. And I was so excited for this surgery ,I just thought my enthusiasm would have lasted a little longer. Anyone having these feelings? I need advice to get back on track and out of my slump.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BariatricPal mobile app

Precook some food to have in the fridge, so when you are tired and the day's stress is working on you, you don't have to think about what to cook, you can microwave it in a hurry. Also get that crock pot out and throw in your dinner to cook while you are at work.

I just bought some individually wrapped frozen fish. You could turn the oven on, walk the dogs, come back in and pop the fish in the oven, fix a veg, sort the snail mail, and voila dinner is ready.

Whenever I get the "I don't wanna" blues...I watch a few episodes of My 600 Pound Life. It's a reality check, and it gets me on track. I know that's weird, but it really helps motivate me to make better choices. I want to improve "My Eating Habit" and make Dr. Nowzaridin proud. LOLOLOLOL

Hahah OMG.... I do the same thing. I do find myself rooting for them hoping Dr. Now will give a hug and say he's proud. Lol

I love Dr. Now. He's adorable.

1 hour ago, admrn said:

I had my surgery 10/16 36 lbs down . HW 303 CW 268. I was so excited for this surgery researched it for nearly 3 yrs before taking action and these first 2 mths Ive had so much energy and spunk , Its been great!!!! But Im finding myself going back to my old ways saying oh I ll just eat fast food tonight. Thinking it wont hurt me cause I cant eat much of it. Instead of making something healthy at home. I do ALOT of walking at work so when I get home I set down instead of walking the dogs like I had been doing right after surgery. Its been getting colder so I just use the weather as an excuse. Instead of taking advantage of gettting as much exercise in as possible. Its just scarring me that Im falling back into my lazy habits only 2 mth out. And I was so excited for this surgery ,I just thought my enthusiasm would have lasted a little longer. Anyone having these feelings? I need advice to get back on track and out of my slump.

This is your golden first year. Fight for what you want out of this surgery. The first few months of restriction is your best weight loss. Don't waste it! Your weightloss is going to slow down with time.

Sometimes it's not excitement that motivates me. When I recognize I'm going back to old habits I need a slap to the head of perspective..lol

Days that you don't want to exercise. When you justify eating bad choices...When you flat out don't want to do this because its hard.....

Remind yourself:

There is a cancer patient out there with three months to live that would trade places with you for weightloss struggles

There is a person in a wheelchair and would love to be in your position to be able to go for a walk

A wounded warrior is at the gym this winter. Hes learning to run a on a new prosthetic leg for a distance run in april.

We all have struggles to overcome in life! A big part of surgery is dealing with the old mindset and behaviors.

images.jpg

images.jpg

download.jpg

images.jpg

download.jpg

Thank you so much for your words. They did put it in perspective for me. Wow sometime you need someone to say those words to u. My problems seem very minimal to compare to a cancer patient or wounded warrior. I will take those words and stop complaining and be happy I have my health and a tool that gonna make me even healthier. Thanks again, you opened my eyes and the saying is true......"there is always someone else who has it worse than you, so be thankful for what you have".