Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do for you???

I'm a mom of young girls and I find myself slowly coming out of that "It's all about my children and I can go rot" mindset so many new moms get. I've been looking at my life and trying to find the things I do for ME! I thought everyone, moms, dads, men, women can and should do things specifically for themselves...Especially as we go through this journey of weight loss and begin to take care of ourselves.

So...what do I do for me on a regular basis

1. Get my eyebrows professionally done 1x every 2 months

2. Pedicures...1xevery 2 months

3. Get my house cleaned 1xpermonth

4. read a book at least 3 per month

5. screw the housework and play with my kids

6. buy expensive diapers so I don't have to deal with pee explosions...or worse!!!

7. Work one night a week...extra money and time to myself

8. Allow myself to spend some money on clothing as I change sizes

9. exercise

10. sit in bed and watch beauty and the geek while eating my dinner. ahhhhhh---now you all know my deepest darkest secret!

Rain

I guess that I am kinda lucky. I never had children and my husband dotes on me. I get to do whatever I want.

I'm a mom of young girls and I find myself slowly coming out of that "It's all about my children and I can go rot" mindset so many new moms get. I've been looking at my life and trying to find the things I do for ME! I thought everyone, moms, dads, men, women can and should do things specifically for themselves...Especially as we go through this journey of weight loss and begin to take care of ourselves.

So...what do I do for me on a regular basis

1. Get my eyebrows professionally done 1x every 2 months

2. Pedicures...1xevery 2 months

3. Get my house cleaned 1xpermonth

4. read a book at least 3 per month

5. screw the housework and play with my kids

6. buy expensive diapers so I don't have to deal with pee explosions...or worse!!!

7. Work one night a week...extra money and time to myself

8. Allow myself to spend some money on clothing as I change sizes

9. exercise

10. sit in bed and watch beauty and the geek while eating my dinner. ahhhhhh---now you all know my deepest darkest secret!

Rain

LOL rain, everything but the diapers since I don't need them is me too!

:o

And I work way way too much, but I have to get out and make money because I spend WAY TOO MUCH!!

I find extreme satisfaction in shopping for new clothes at a charity...getting my nails done every two weeks,reading cookbooks,cooking for guests/or childdren,going on weekends to Michigan and just hanging out, knitting socks and best of all having the energy to do so...down 120# banded 6/13/06...forty lbs from goal and loving every minute...thinner than on my wedding day...and best of all I have my first grandchild (3months old tomorrow) LIFE IS GOOD

I find extreme satisfaction in shopping for new clothes at a charity...getting my nails done every two weeks,reading cookbooks,cooking for guests/or childdren,going on weekends to Michigan and just hanging out, knitting socks and best of all having the energy to do so...down 120# banded 6/13/06...forty lbs from goal and loving every minute...thinner than on my wedding day...and best of all I have my first grandchild (3months old tomorrow) LIFE IS GOOD

:o Hey sweet---since you love cooking and some here to Michigan stop by my house, lol...I want NO PART of cooking! :)

so where are you?? have a friend that lives across the street from Warren Dunes State Park in Sawyer--go there almost evey other weekend....and COOK!!! Same at home COOK,COOK,COOK!!! Love it!! I am having my gall bladder removed tomorrow...cooked all weekend so that I will have food even if I don't have strength!! Just tickled to be able to stand on my feet and do creative thing once again...and get satisfaction from the activity..don't have to eat it now and enjoy seeing others so happy with the goodies...I make sweet tables for weddings and other special occasions...when I am not at my travel agents job!!

I do lots, I believe this is very important

1, I run. This is the biggest thing that has made the most difference to my life and I"m selfish about it.

2. I pay $70 for a haircut although I had to relent and start colouring myself when I was spending $200 at the hairdressers every six weeks.

3. I get my nails done every fortnight.

4. I spend hours on my fake tan

5. I go out whenever I get the chance (girls nights etc)

6. I ignore the housework and read or play round on the computer

7. I study. This will benefit my family too of course, but really I'm doing it for ME and a career that I will enjoy.

8 I bought expensive diapers too - expensive CLOTH ones, lol. I had a major major habit, there's a whole underground world out there and its majorly fun. Dealing with the contents was small work compared to the fun, companionship, friends and home business I had out of the cloth diaper world. It made a mundane task into a hobby.

I just did the biggest thing for myself I could imagine--changed careers. It involves a greater time commitment away from home but I am MUCH happier for it and my husband saw the value. But I still feel guilty.

Otherwise the only thing on your list I can relate to is having the house cleaned every week (although I do read all the time, before bed and on the bus). But in our case that's because we'd live in a pigsty otherwise. :o

Reading your list makes me feel like I'm missing out on a lot--I don't do anything "for myself" and I probably should. But when?

Actually, now that I think about it, THIS is what I do for myself--this site.

I got a manicure and pedicure today. I rarely do anything for myself. In fact, I informed my husband last week that this week (my surgery is tommorow) was going to be all about me. Wow, That is really big for me. In fact none of my family knows how to act, but they are going along with it pretty well. I am enjoying my special week. I think I could get used to this.

I have my nails done.

I read - I always have a book going.

I spend Sunday afternoon on my bed - reading, watching tv, whatever I want.

I play Bunco once a month with my girlfriends (although we're on hiatus right now)

I have dinner with my best girlfriend at least once or twice a month.

I don't get my hair done in a salon bc my dearest niece/shouldbe daughter is a stylist. I save hundreds $$$ bc she does it for me at home for free!

I think I'd like someone to clean for me but I'm such a fruit that I'd have to clean house before they came to clean. But its a wonderful thought.

Diaper days are done and long gone! Looking forward to a grandbaby within the next couple years.

I get a pedicure occasionally. I always intend to have them more often but not knowing ahead of time when I'm going to have the time makes it not often enough.

I get out for lunch and coffee with my girlfriends whenever I can.

I play in a women's marimba group once a week.

I drive the long way to work, through the little windy roads. It adds only about 5 minutes onto my trip and it's worth it.

I listen to my favourite music REALLY LOUD on headphones.

I get out on my little sailboat if I happen to be home when the tide is high enough. I feel so happy on boats.

I did the greatest thing in the world for myself. I got a housekeeper. Our current housekeeper comes once a week and it's wonderful. I don't have to clean the house. And the good part is that mother pays for it. Lord, it's wonderful. She may not clean to my exact standards, but I don't care. I don't have to do it. I've had various housekeepers for about 15 years and I've enjoyed it every day. My doctor said it is one of the best things I've ever done for myself. I recommend a housekeeper for anyone who is stressed. It's great.

I love to travel and i love to read and i do both whenever i want because i am single. I love to go to the movies too. Donna